Official 2012 Draft Day Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you guys put it as a percentage wise on our 2 draftees making it as footballers and Gartlett making it?

If you put his attitude problems vs their deficiencies and his freakish talent vs their deficiencies..

Which 1 is more likely to make it?

Let's see who turns out the better player. Rory or Garlett. Wanna put some coin on it?
Pavlich didn't get drafted in his first draft, so I guess all those recruiters were right as well.
Pav wasn't a headcase off field and was simply overlooked due to being bottom aged. Recruiters aren't always right, but they know a heck of a lot more about the guy than some idiot on an internet forum. EVERY SINGLE RECRUITER LOOKED OVER HIM, get a clue.

What would you guys put it as a percentage wise on our 2 draftees making it as footballers and Gartlett making it?

If you put his attitude problems vs their deficiencies and his freakish talent vs their deficiencies..

Which 1 is more likely to make it?
Rory Atkins has just as much chance of making as Garlett does, factoring all those things in. Siggins is a completely different player though and fits a need of ours, can't really compare at all.

Jonathan O'Rourke (pick 2), Jimmy Toumpas (pick 4), Jake Stringer (pick 5) and Nick Vlaustin (pick 9) were all available in the mini draft. Have to keep this in mind.

Crouchy was chosen ahead of all these players. Huge get!

Its not a huge get yet.

Crouch now needs to be better than all of them, though it must be said he's looking pretty good so far

Rory Atkins has just as much chance of making as Garlett does, factoring all those things in. Siggins is a completely different player though and fits a need of ours, can't really compare at all.

Baccs, you can't argue with the clergy, especially now, there is a Royal Commission on the go.

Would've liked Colquohon but happy with our picks.

Hadn't heard of Siggins but his video looks great. He seems to have really good length. Takes marks at a real height, with his long arms right up.

Atkins seemed like a slider. Hopefully he's a good speculative pick.
Exactly what type of videos of his have you seen? :D Perhaps a career in pr0n beckons, if this whole footy thing doesn't pan out.

patrick dangerfield@dangerfield32
Just got off the phone to the new lads Sam and rory! Very excited to be joining the club! #AFLDraft @Adelaide_FC

Dangerfield has very quickly turned into our best club ambassador, hasn't he! :p Always getting around the new lads, or potential new lads, always talking up the club online. He's a superstar :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield has very quickly turned into our best club ambassador, hasn't he! :p Always getting around the new lads, or potential new lads, always talking up the club online. He's a superstar :thumbsu:
Agree Stabby - what's not to love about him.

Apparently vB also called them, and but neither of them knew who he was.

Pav wasn't a headcase off field and was simply overlooked due to being bottom aged. Recruiters aren't always right, but they know a heck of a lot more about the guy than some idiot on an internet forum. EVERY SINGLE RECRUITER LOOKED OVER HIM, get a clue.

Might want to see someone about these anger issues

PAV was a 17yr old when teams were allowed to take only 1 underage player, so he got overlooked.

He just wasn't one of top 16 under age players, it wasn't that no one rated him

Let's see who turns out the better player. Rory or Garlett. Wanna put some coin on it?
Pavlich didn't get drafted in his first draft, so I guess all those recruiters were right as well.

I'd put a fair bit on Garlett but not overly pissed off I can see where the club is coming from

Hopefully he's been in the ear of Jimmy Toumpas about where his destination should be in two years time when his contract is up and Melbourne are collapsing.

On a different note, really hope the two lads we picked up make it. We need something positive from this off-season. I've got a good feeling about them, but the odds of players drafted that high making it are quite low.

Collingwood's trading/free agency/drafting period has been nothing short of amazing. Not only have they managed to strengthen their list in the short term, they've also managed to bring in some real quality youngsters as well. Who knows what they could have achieved had they had somebody like Tippett to use during the trade period... *sigh* :(

I guess by forfeiting our first two picks in this years draft we have only cost ourselves Tim Obrien because i think we wouldve taken Siggins with pick 62. So at the end of the day we got Aitkins instead of Obrien which is not too bad if this part of our punishment.

Interesting night. I think what it highlights is that where there is any kind of blip on the radar in these kids development, recruiters are very unforgiving. On my research Atkins was tracking as a solid second round choice. Some even say a late first rounder.

Extraordinary he lasts to 81 and yet its shows that lapses along the way are judged harshly. I'm hoping right now the kid is wiping his brow, saying ....Phew, how lucky am I my career is still on track.

Anyway numbers count for nought now, they are all even today.

As for Garlett, once again seems tough but that's just the way it is now. Atkins almost got passed over for much less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official 2012 Draft Day Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back