Official 2012 Draft Day Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am flabbergasted that we did not pick up Garlett. Stupid decision. But we have been making a lot of them lately. Stunned.

No one else picked him, so maybe it wasn't such a bad decision. Although given our position in this draft maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to take on a little extra risk. In the end none of us know what the recruiters really think of him, so lets just focus our energy on Siggins and Atkins for the moment.;)

Not as good with the one on one stuff and likes to run off his man. Many on here go on about how we don't need another 3rd tall type, well we just got another one. I like getting him, don't get me wrong, its just that I'm not sure he we be what most people are looking for. FWIW I think Otten I going to be our long term option at CHB (barring injury).

Love the clip of Siggins...good balance for tall,vision,quick decisions,2 sided handpass,reads ball flight well.......looks good.

Looks like he might even be able to tackle too :eek:

Don't pick Colqhoun in the RD Crows

What's your query on him?

To be fair all I saw of him was the U18 Carnival where he looked good running off half back. But I guess the danger is if you put them against AFL-standard forwards you might find out they have Jaensch-like defensive abilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is rated talent wise in the top 20 easy. Draft him, take him out of WA and away from his mates, you get results. If people looked at his type of stuff then Buddy would not have been drafted either. He will be rookie listed by someone else and end up a star.

Have to agree at the picks we had why not go for broke, I would've picked Gartlett, but good luck to the guys we did get hope they prove me very very wrong.

No one else picked him, so maybe it wasn't such a bad decision. Although given our position in this draft maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to take on a little extra risk. In the end none of us know what the recruiters really think of him, so lets just focus our energy on Siggins and Atkins for the moment.;)
Every other club didn't have their first two rounds taken from them, they had the ability to get real talent in the first and second round. We had to be a little more adventurous. If we had of brought in Garlett, who was rated a first round pick, we would have done well.

Every other club didn't have their first two rounds taken from them, they had the ability to get real talent in the first and second round. We had to be a little more adventurous. If we had of brought in Garlett, who was rated a first round pick, we would have done well.

Re-read my post, my second sentence acknowledges exactly what you just wrote.;) Still, plenty of clubs had multiple opportunities to pick him up and none did, so there may be a good reason for having done so.

What's your query on him?

To be fair all I saw of him was the U18 Carnival where he looked good running off half back. But I guess the danger is if you put them against AFL-standard forwards you might find out they have Jaensch-like defensive abilities.
Not quick enough and just not good enough. Similar to Mitch Grigg in last year's draft. Very overrated within SA.

Re-read my post, my second sentence acknowledges exactly what you just wrote.;) Still, plenty of clubs had multiple opportunities to pick him up and none did, so there may be a good reason for having done so.
Read my post re: Garlett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back