List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guthrie also finished fourth in our b&f.

Guthrie also praised in media for being very influential in first half of year. He was moved back ling before Menegola and Scooter were brought in.

So yeah. I'd say finished 4th in the Carji is a breakout season.

Hi Guys, Over the moon that Caddy is at Tigerland now, I would have been happy to cough up the 1st rounder we got from GWS (your 2017 1st selection)

The strangest trade i have ever seen to be honest and i think its the 2nd time we actually did better than the team we traded with (crows tambling) trade was the other.

The part of this trade that is really unusual is that when the Deledio/Caddy trade was on
The deal would have been Deledio + #27 For Caddy + #38 and what makes it more interesting and strange is that Deledio is taking a paycut $1.5 mill 3 years and Richmond will contribute $200k a year so effectively GWS will pay him $900k for 3 years

I dont get why Cats didnt do the deal, Cant be TPP as Deledio/Caddy trade would have cost cats very little and Lids would be a real weapon in your midfield and would have really added both to the midfield and foward line

I really dont get this strange trade but extremely happy to have Caddy we really need a big body inside mid and being so young just entering his prime and im sure will be a 30+ poss player

Club could've done more I feel, was this his 4th or 5th yr ? Maybe I am a lil tough but a slow burn, considering he was #7 wasn't he.
Not sure what we should be looking for w #24 but not sure if afl.com's call twomey is a good judge ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't judge his worth on his draft pick. Tambling, Vickery, Fiora, Oakley-Nicholls , King (national draft selections), Sampson, Marsh, Kent Kingsley (psd selections) - all top ten picks for Richmond in the last twenty odd years. You win some, you lose some, some more than others.

Like in the Hawks final? Guthrie turned that game.

Against the 18th ranked contested midfield in the competition? Sure. Against the good contested mids though, he's a joke.

But this is my point anyway, how far do you have to go back into the season before you can sing his praises again? He plays a good half against the Hawks then gets torn to shreds by McGlynn, who then retires. Then barely gets a touch in the midfield for the remainder of the most important game of the season. Also only has 1 tackle for the game. Very poor.

One half in a final and a handful of games is not a good year, not in a side that's looking to contend for a premiership.

Hi Guys, Over the moon that Caddy is at Tigerland now, I would have been happy to cough up the 1st rounder we got from GWS (your 2017 1st selection)

The strangest trade i have ever seen to be honest and i think its the 2nd time we actually did better than the team we traded with (crows tambling) trade was the other.

The part of this trade that is really unusual is that when the Deledio/Caddy trade was on
The deal would have been Deledio + #27 For Caddy + #38 and what makes it more interesting and strange is that Deledio is taking a paycut $1.5 mill 3 years and Richmond will contribute $200k a year so effectively GWS will pay him $900k for 3 years

I dont get why Cats didnt do the deal, Cant be TPP as Deledio/Caddy trade would have cost cats very little and Lids would be a real weapon in your midfield and would have really added both to the midfield and foward line

I really dont get this strange trade but extremely happy to have Caddy we really need a big body inside mid and being so young just entering his prime and im sure will be a 30+ poss player

I dont think we ever really wanted deledio as much as he wanted us. He approached us and i got the sense it was either something we couldnt or didnt want to do. After mcintosh and clark it would have been a huge fail for the list mgt team if we had traded in another recruit on big money and he didnt play through injury. You also have to factor in richmond refused to pay any of his salary if he came to us they would only agree to pay it at gws for a higher pick which is their choice.

We probably didnt anticipate caddy would leave though and we took unders at #24 we should have pushed for the pick you got for deledio.

It is weird deledio chose to move to sydney but thats his choice.

Anyway enjoy he caddy he is a decent hardworking player i like how he goes about it.

Now all we need is a Chris Scott press conference where he tells the world they don't know anything about football and our best is good enough. This guy has started believing his own bullshit unfortunately. I told everyone we would get reemed by the Swans and I heard the usual 'spin' about our best being good enough even though we were clearly average the whole year. People must judge this team on how we play, not just if we won by a few goals in the last minute after playing like complete shit for 3/4 of the game. This team is average and our drafting/development of players in the past 5 years has been shit. No players have turned out better than originally expected or surprised us. Our only A grade talent is Selwood and a traded in Dangerfield.

I've been off having dinner. Returned to see utter unintelligible crud from pecker.

Look Geelong has long had a view that if you want to go, go.

Richmond have done a few things to lure Caddy who Balmey really believes in. Personally upon reflection I'm not unhappy to see Caddy go but they've promised him what we weren't going to. When we recruited Caddy we thought he could be Paddy; BUT he never made that level and I'm not sure he will. We possibly should have not recruited him in the first place nor Smedts. But recruitment is in an inexact science. Moreover, when Adl recruited Paddy many in Adl thought he was a poor pick and they'd made a mistake. Not now.

In reflection;
1.Tuohy is quite possibly going to be good for us.
2. Black looks like a more reliable Vardy. New club and FF might suit him. Trade Cost neutral.
3. Smedts going; surely he goes with out blessing coz we've never seemed to get going at the Cats. I only saw one good game from him in all thosw years at either vfl or afl level.
4. Caddy we got in return unders but with what was on offer at the tigers how could we stop him going. We'd be pricks and Carlton and Richmond ARE pricks. Manager egging him on to take the money doesn't help.
5. No Deludio; he's on 800k which staggers me with where he's at. Hence we couldn't take him at that point. Mate of mine who is tigers supporter is adamant he's cooked. Maybe 20 more good games in him.

Personally I suspect Cats have broken even out of this. We didn't loose Lang or anyone not replaceable. Maybe Richmond are laughing which is ok, not much to laugh about for 36 years. Caddy goes missing in the heat which was what everyone was on here talking about. Last year was evidence of that. Richmond goes missing in the heat so he'll fit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much it. If they want to trade him then fine, but he's worth a first round pick. It's like the club felt like they had to offload him and didn't really care what they got in return. It feels lazy, sloppy and its incredibly poor management.

Agreed. I hope we get a better explanation than the 'we wanted to keep josh and were disappointed to lose him' rubbish we got this afternoon.

There seems to be a lot of "grey" in these rules. It appears that the 2 in 4 rule has some wriggle room. If it doesn't can you imagine what clubs will make us cough up for a first rounder?

I shudder to think. Hopefully there is more to that rule than what we know.

Ok, trying to make sense of this. Was it just we felt we had too many mids? Arguably we did with Menagola and Scott S joining the best 22. Lang to step up and Cockatoo, perhaps also Gregson. To have pick 24 rather than late second round might have looked ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a mix of things:
1. He wanted out as Richmond offered him more money and a higher rating on their list.
2. We have more depth in his position.
3. We save some TPP.
4. We wanted back into the draft - afl may also have made us due to us breaking rules trading picks.

Against the 18th ranked contested midfield in the competition? Sure. Against the good contested mids though, he's a joke.

But this is my point anyway, how far do you have to go back into the season before you can sing his praises again? He plays a good half against the Hawks then gets torn to shreds by McGlynn, who then retires. Then barely gets a touch in the midfield for the remainder of the most important game of the season. Also only has 1 tackle for the game. Very poor.

One half in a final and a handful of games is not a good year, not in a side that's looking to contend for a premiership.
4th in our B&f... Why ignore this? That's a breakout season. When you're voted top 4 in the club, behind our captain and the best player in the comp I might add.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched caddys first interview as a Tiger. Has a lot of respect to Geelong, said he has loved the 4 years he spent there. Wasn't planning on moving, but had an open mind in the trade period, and that his name only got thrown about after Deledio wanted Geelong. Elaborated on the fact our midfield bats deep, then went onto mention Scott Selwood. Clearly wants more midfield time and responsibility, think he feels scooter and menegola took that.

So in the end, Deledio nominating us caused this, Caddy wasn't contemplating leaving, bought a house not long ago in Geelong, once Richmond got in his ear that's when his head turned, probably felt special about a club pursuing him and promising him a big role in the midfield.

Pick 24 better not turn out another Billie Smedts.

That's part of the problem. There's no semblance of a united club anymore. As inspirational as he is on the field, he seems to have very little influence off it.

He did speak to Caddy and from their talk he was adamant he was going to remain a cat in 2017. Richmond must've promised the world to Caddy only 48 hours ago to turn his head.

The salary cap increase the clubs advised the clubs of is less than we budgeted for. In honesty we won the caddy and tuohy trades. Lost a bit with Kersten and Vardy but it's more of a backlash on how successful we were last period. Could be worse though, could have lost 1 and 2 in our BnF, this year and next years first rounder, not have a pick until 88 this year and only gained a spud, Sydney's 5th best mid and cripple.

EFA

It's a mix of things:
1. He wanted out as Richmond offered him more money and a higher rating on their list.
3. We save some TPP.
4. We wanted back into the draft - afl may also have made us due to us breaking rules trading picks.

If it was 4. We would have pushed for a first rounder...as far as we know the rule is about first rounders over 4 years not 2nd rounders.
As far as we know that rule to be 24 doesnt help us with it at all.

If it was 4. We would have pushed for a first rounder...as far as we know the rule is about first rounders over 4 years not 2nd rounders.
According to SEN we asked for special dispensation from the AFL. Who knows if we will ever know what was agreed upon.

(personally I hate that the AFL is flexible on rules. Make rules and keep them. Shit ****s)

It's a mix of things:
3. We save some TPP.

If we had traded back into the first round, that would have made some sense, but we didn't. We traded back into the second. That doesn't fix the AFL's 2 in 4 rule.

According to SEN we asked for special dispensation from the AFL. Who knows if we will ever know what was agreed upon.

(personally I hate that the AFL is flexible on rules. Make rules and keep them. Shit ****s)

The AFL is unprofessional and makes shit up on the run. The way they handled the trade period deadline today exemplifies this.

He did speak to Caddy and from their talk he was adamant he was going to remain a cat in 2017. Richmond must've promised the world to Caddy only 48 hours ago to turn his head.

Still we didnt have to give in to richmond's promises. He had a contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back