List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Josh Caddy + 56 traded to Richmond for 24 and 64

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the rule even matter anyway? What's the punishment, that you're not allowed to trade out any more R1 picks for a few years? Probably not a bad thing for Geelong to be forced to do.
If that's the penalty then it wouldn't be too bad, especially considering that we seem to be allergic to Rd1 picks of late. Only issue would be the lack of freedom if something super enticing came about and we were locked out because we were restricted from trading. And by super enticing I don't mean a 30 year old Deledio.

not happy loosing Caddy
have to wait for the full story
did he want to go and play with his friend Prestia?
doesn't Caddy have friends at GFC he wants to play along side with?

Ok he is somewhat replaceable because we have coverage and pick 24 better be good

Still yet to receive an explanation from
Wells about this trade.

0% of geelong supporters would have accepted this trade, yet wells did. A contracted caddy.

We could've said no, as caddy was contracted. Sos said no Re Gibbs. But we said "sure take our contracted player for peanuts". We could've said "no". But we chose to accept garbage for caddy.

This has ****ed our club.

We are a laughing stock and I just cannot rational why our club would accept this trade. There is no logical reason whatsoever. We basically said we'll do whatever you say Richmond.. Take our gun player and we will accept shit.

It's a competition and NO OTHER CLUB would have accepted 24 for caddy.

We are inept, diabolical, stupid, out of our depth, not prepared enough and just ****ing terribly ******ed at the trade table. This is a professional competition and we treat it like a ****ing game.

Sack our recruitment staff and turn it over completely.

Get ****ed wells

The most pathetic trade I've ever had to witness unfold.
We fail to get Deledio and lose Caddy anyway for pick 24 but what's worse is we upgraded their 64. What numbskull thought to throw that in? As if 24 isn't enough and they needed more convincing to take him. Unbelievable stuff!
Then Richmond end up with our 1st round pick anyway which they got for Deledio lol.....and a 3rd round, well done tigers I guess but farrrk me, our biggest threat to the flag just got even better.
The worst sequence of events in a trade I've seen, hopefully not overly costly as it's just one player being Caddy but a really badly executed trade that should see the people on our side of that trade sacked.
I'm just wondering if people get how inept we were? It's not an overreaction as I don't think it means we plummet but the execution was soooo so bad.

Last edited:
I dont think we ever really wanted deledio as much as he wanted us. He approached us and i got the sense it was either something we couldnt or didnt want to do. After mcintosh and clark it would have been a huge fail for the list mgt team if we had traded in another recruit on big money and he didnt play through injury. You also have to factor in richmond refused to pay any of his salary if he came to us they would only agree to pay it at gws for a higher pick which is their choice.

We probably didnt anticipate caddy would leave though and we took unders at #24 we should have pushed for the pick you got for deledio.

It is weird deledio chose to move to sydney but thats his choice.

Anyway enjoy he caddy he is a decent hardworking player i like how he goes about it.

2 massive points. We clearly were/are SC handicapped - and that played its role. I also agree, and IMO this is just as viable a point, the injury status is huge.

Had we not had HMAC, Clark, then the ability to roll the dice on a higher paid injury risk could be absorbed. IMO with the failed history of Hmac, Clark almost at the same lack of performance levels, and add to that the time with Menz, Cowan, McCarthy, Vardy, even Kersten.. there just is no room for rehab experiments. And before people shove Black into the equation, he's pick 92 and having some of his salary paid by NM. Risk mitigation there much higher.

Go Catters

Give Caddy the idea we will trade him for Deledio so after never thinking of going suddenly looks at another club.
We fail to get Deledio and lose Caddy anyway for pick 24 but what's worse is we upgraded their 64. What numbskull thought to throw that in? As if 24 isn't enough and they needed more convincing to take him. Unbelievable stuff!
Then Richmond end up with our 1st round pick anyway which they got for Deledio lol.....and a 3rd round, well done tigers I guess but farrrk me, our biggest threat to the flag just got even better.
The worst sequence of events in a trade I've seen, hopefully not overly costly as it's just one player being Caddy but a really badly executed trade that should see the people on our side of that trade sacked.
I'm just wondering if people get how inept we were? It's not an overreaction as I don't think it means we plummet but the execution was soooo so bad.

A trade that would never happen.
:)

If it's something you don't understand or like it's not a troll.

It's alright, I know it's a troll that's how your fanbase rolls around here and are able to get away with it but that's fine you bent our trade team over.
Take your troll hat off for a second though and give me your thoughts on us upgrading your pick 64.

It's alright, I know it's a troll that's how your fanbase rolls around here and are able to get away with it but that's fine you bent our trade team over.
Take your troll hat off for a second though and give me your thoughts on us upgrading your pick 64.

I wish you well. My two fav non Tiges are Rooke and Bartel.
If you want to talk about picks link me to the pick thread.

We need more midfield support as well we trade a goalkicker we deserve everything we get.

Couldn't even manipulate lower picks via bundling.

Massive loss of depth players

The biggest loss of us was our ability to negotiate everyone knows we are soft and now we won't be able to trade again sucessfully as we always fold.

I think Wells has now had long enough its a combined lack of poor drafting and negotaition that will hurt us , we had to capitalise whilst we had Selwood Na d Danger it will be a wasted year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Wells thought you guys have surplus inside mids, which is true to an extent but Scott Selwood hasnt set the world on fire for you guys yet. I dont understand the trade. We definately got a bargin for a 24 year old.
Menegola will be great for you though and I hope for your sakes Motlop pulls his finger out and realises this is his last chance of fullfilling his potential.
Hes great to watch when at his best.
Like i said, not sure why you traded caddy AND upgraded our pick.
I guess theyre backing your players to develop further but with alot of depth players gone and stars retired personally I think you go down next year. Especially with the inclusions of only Black and a Carlton player (believe me i know alot about Carlton rejects!)
Not here to rub salt in the wounds, just how I see it.

Pick 24 better not turn out another Billie Smedts.

I'm quietly confident we can do that.

Pick a talented kid, find they've got promise in one part of the ground, then play them somewhere else. When they don't become a superstar, let them rot in the VFL, then trade them out while still under contract.

Then we can all nod sagely and say "well he was a bust anyway".

Give Caddy the idea we will trade him for Deledio so after never thinking of going suddenly looks at another club....

Lulz. I'm not addressing it all, but your entire post, from this point forward is all fantasy and hyperbole.

Let start at the start. Geelong never gave Caddy the idea we would trade him for Lids. Richmond asked about him, we said no straight away. Richmond then went to his manager, more money, higher order amongst mids, longer contract and one of his best mates moving to club. Caddy then requested a trade...

The rest of your post is as much fantasy. Seeing as you're requesting Geelong staff are fired for incompetency how about you ban yourself from this board for a couple of weeks for yours?

We need more midfield support as well we trade a goalkicker we deserve everything we get.

Couldn't even manipulate lower picks via bundling.

Massive loss of depth players

The biggest loss of us was our ability to negotiate everyone knows we are soft and now we won't be able to trade again sucessfully as we always fold.

I think Wells has now had long enough its a combined lack of poor drafting and negotaition that will hurt us , we had to capitalise whilst we had Selwood Na d Danger it will be a wasted year.
Bahahahahahaha overreaction much! Lulz at we will never be able to trade again. May as well fold up the club then. Are people forgetting the last year we pulled off an amazing set of trades to get Hendo, Scooter and Danger to the club. We also fixed a big need by getting Tuohy in.

Dudes need to relax. It's Josh Caddy, not Joel Selwood.

We just, needlessly, sold an asset for 25 cents in the dollar.
Whilst agreeing that Caddy went at a discount to comparative market rates, I dont think 75% was the value.

Its arbitrary anyway as it was still too cheap - we could and should have gotten more.

Go Catters

I'm quietly confident we can do that.

Pick a talented kid, find they've got promise in one part of the ground, then play them somewhere else. When they don't become a superstar, let them rot in the VFL, then trade them out while still under contract.

Then we can all nod sagely and say "well he was a bust anyway".
Then we can trade him for pick 74 and all celebrate by saying how ordinary he was and we are glad to see the back of him.

Lulz. I'm not addressing it all, but your entire post, from this point forward is all fantasy and hyperbole.

Let start at the start. Geelong never gave Caddy the idea we would trade him for Lids. Richmond asked about him, we said no straight away. Richmond then went to his manager, more money, higher order amongst mids, longer contract and one of his best mates moving to club. Caddy then requested a trade...

The rest of your post is as much fantasy. Seeing as you're requesting Geelong staff are fired for incompetency how about you ban yourself from this board for a couple of weeks for yours?

I'm glad you addressed that part, that's fair enough, what you can't deny though is it was poorly executed. No need to rabbit on about how you will only address the start when in reality that's all you can address.
You had me there at that point but then carry on like a flog and lose points.
We held all the cards and caved and then upgraded a later pick of theirs as if 24 wasn't enough, what an insult.
The trading of Caddy and attempt at gaining Deledio was outright poor as we had no back up plan in place with no one taking Motlop, an extremely underprepared effort.
Just answer me this, why upgrade Richmond from a useless pick 64 to a little less useless 56? The Tigers treated us like their little b1tch.

Does the rule even matter anyway? What's the punishment, that you're not allowed to trade out any more R1 picks for a few years? Probably not a bad thing for Geelong to be forced to do.

If Wells is around at this time next year he should be put in a straight jacket and gagged. Thank Christ he's not allowed to trade any further R1's. He's already mortgaged our future enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back