Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just getting 24 points up, it's getting to that point, having the win as a possibility against a better team, then almost immediately shitting the bed and becoming a turnover machine because we couldn't handle it.

If we played well and Serbia rightfully came back because they were the better side, so be it.

The pressure got to us as soon as Serbia made some nice plays and we reverted to unforced errors
I would argue that all of that is because we were playing a far superior opponent.

Look at what happened in the critical moments.
Jokic scores. Jokic makes a great pass to an open 3. Jokic blocks Giddey. Jokic taps the ball away from Mills. Jokic hits a clutch turn around jumper.

They were just better - helped by having the best player in the world.

You can say choke if you want.

I prefer to look at it holistically and say the Aussies performed better than they should have and deserve credit for it.

Enjoying the games especially the track events. Not sure if it’s true or not but an observation by all in our family that there appears to be far more female events being televised across the games than male.

Enjoying the games especially the track events. Not sure if it’s true or not but an observation by all in our family that there appears to be far more female events being televised across the games than male.

Think that's a time zone thing, the women's events are usually earlier in the day than the mens, which puts the women into Australian prime time and the men into the early morning

No one has mentioned Arisa Trew. 14 years old. There was also a 13yo in the event. Skateboarding is so spectacular.

She looked the best of all the competitors in the heats when I watched, but ended 6th as she stacked it twice. Her only successful heat run was a bit safe.

Just watched the gold medal run and yeah, she's a gun

more men involved in them now :fearscream:

She looked the best of all the competitors in the heats when I watched, but ended 6th as she stacked it twice. Her only successful heat run was a bit safe.

How hard does skateboarding look. Those girls are totally fearless and skilled. I like the comradery among participants as well. Arisa hugging the Finnish girl after a great skate.

I agree with everything here.

Serbia were very smart. We got on an unbelievable hot streak. Serbia finally did something about it and went out of their way to slow the game and take the momentum away. They used their challenge early on purely for this reason. The time it took to review the footage etc... really took momentum away from us.
They did a few smart things like that.
That challenge decision was absolute BS too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine being 14 and being able to perform like that at an Olympics. Unbelievable.
When I was 14 I could barely leave my room.

Absolute Star! So happy for her. To win gold at that age it outrageous!

I'll admit, I saw her and thought, wow she doesn't look 14. Then she spoke.... Yep, can confirm totes 14!

It's not just getting 24 points up, it's getting to that point, having the win as a possibility against a better team, then almost immediately shitting the bed and becoming a turnover machine because we couldn't handle it.

If we played well and Serbia rightfully came back because they were the better side, so be it.

The pressure got to us as soon as Serbia made some nice plays and we reverted to unforced errors

It honestly felt like if we just let the shot clock run out every time we were on offence, we would have been better off. We seemed to turn it over almost every time!

Very frustrating game to have switched the TV on at half time, I can tell you.

Absolute Star! So happy for her. To win gold at that age it outrageous!

I'll admit, I saw her and thought, wow she doesn't look 14. Then she spoke.... Yep, can confirm totes 14!
Seeing her standing on the dais next to the Japanese girl and the USA girl she was so small even standing on the higher step. Maybe that was her advantage.

Matt Wearn in the men's dinghy sailing is a guaranteed silver but a strong chance of gold in tonight's event

Nina Kennedy a good chance in women's pole vault

Both water polo teams, women already through to the semis

Women's beach volleyball team also through to the semis

I think we've got a few female boxers with guaranteed bronze that could go all the way

Keegan Palmer in the men's park skateboarding, gold medalist in Tokyo

Our women's basketball team is still in the comp

Several chances in the cycling events

Think we also performed well in the heats of some of the canoe sprint events
Matt Denny in the discus is also a chance at a medal… at least I hope he is, as I’ll be at Stade de France watching him tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Paris 2024 Olympics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back