Analysis Pies by 14 pts over the doggies - Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I crazy or do Elliot and DeGoey not work together in the forward line? Elliot was barely sighted till DeGoey went in the middle and then both were good (barring the missed shots from Jamie). Miochek wasn't great tonight, maybe he and Cox aren't quite the KPF combo we need to get over the better sides. But who else do we have? All in all, a scrappy but deserved win in the end. We need to improve if we are going to challenge the WC and Others this year

Grundy needs to take it out of the ruck more often, save him having to dive in after he taps it so often. Amazes me how often he is the first bloke on the ball straight after competing in the ruck. Adams aside, we have a midfield of outsiders, it's no wonder we get smashed so much at centre clearances with Sidey and Pendles seagulling.
We need a re-jig in there, JDG needs to start being a permanent fixture in there, probably at the expense of Pendlebury - not sure where that leaves Pendles but we need to find him a new role.

Thought the defence was very good tonight. Moore, RH and Howe in particular. Can't recall Howe getting beaten all night.

Poor disposal hurt us so much throughout the game. There is no way we can pull off that high possession style football week in week out we served to Richmond.
We missed Mayne and did well to run over the top one down in our rotations. As mentioned before Jordy's move to the middle was instrumental and brought other players such as Stepho into the game.

I think Aish needs a run in the magoos for an extended period.

We were ordinary in the first 3 quarters, but not so bad that the Dogs could get ahead. Maybe the reality is that at this time of the year, we just take the wins as they come.

It was good to see a plan B with De Goey, the lift from Cox, and the team playing with a sense of urgency in the last quarter.

As Mr Miyagi would say, "wax on, wax off". We won tonight, next week is a new challenge.

Doggies deserved to lose it a bit more than we did.

Truly horrid game plan.

NEVER . . . EVER play this high possession slow ass shit football again.

Really - how hard is it?

We went within a ****teenth of a flag last year through high speed transition football and change to rubbish football that doesn't suit our players skill sets.

Rant over but FFS wake up coaching staff.

Confusing to change styles isn’t it. I would hope we are only doing this sideways chipping game as a way of developing an optional game style. But you don’t do that crap at the start of the year. Thankfully we went back to something like last years style in the 4th qtr

Grundy needs to take it out of the ruck more often, save him having to dive in after he taps it so often. Amazes me how often he is the first bloke on the ball straight after competing in the ruck. Adams aside, we have a midfield of outsiders, it's no wonder we get smashed so much at centre clearances with Sidey and Pendles seagulling.
We need a re-jig in there, JDG needs to start being a permanent fixture in there, probably at the expense of Pendlebury - not sure where that leaves Pendles but we need to find him a new role.

Thought the defence was very good tonight. Moore, RH and Howe in particular. Can't recall Howe getting beaten all night.

We need Sier in the team for the grunt work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I crazy or do Elliot and DeGoey not work together in the forward line? Elliot was barely sighted till DeGoey went in the middle and then both were good (barring the missed shots from Jamie). Miochek wasn't great tonight, maybe he and Cox aren't quite the KPF combo we need to get over the better sides. But who else do we have? All in all, a scrappy but deserved win in the end. We need to improve if we are going to challenge the WC and Others this year
I think your a little bit crazy. Atm I think they’re not working together becuase they’re just not getting enough opportunities for both of them but once the ball movement improves they’ll be fine. Though I’d play De Goey in the middle allot more after that.

We have the best ruck in the competition and yet doe some reason we don't dominate the clearances the way we should. Surely we can dedicate some time on the training track to just practicing reading the ball off his hands, moving away from the stoppage, chain of possession. Grundy shouldn't have to chase every ball.

Take that and run.

Adams, horrible turnovers, why he insists on taking the inboard kick continues to baffle, can't fault any other part of his game though.

Pendles, just isn't an A grade player anymore.

Cox, came good when the game was on the line, EAD haters.

Grundy, animal.

Varcoe, that needs to be his base.

Doggies deserved to lose it a bit more than we did.

Truly horrid game plan.

NEVER . . . EVER play this high possession slow ass shit football again.

Really - how hard is it?

We went within a ****teenth of a flag last year through high speed transition football and change to rubbish football that doesn't suit our players skill sets.

Rant over but FFS wake up coaching staff.

Can that be our board homepage, our club motto and printed on the jumpers.

Yeah it looks like Elliott and De Goey forward at the same time doesn’t work. De Goey in the middle in the 4th qtr was a lot more effective for us than up forward.

Trouble awaits us I think. So many players are way down on form from last year. Not sure if there carrying a injury, unfit or just out of form. Maybe the hunger isn't there like last year but something really needs to change and quick otherwise the season will slip past us.

Confusing to change styles isn’t it. I would hope we are only doing this sideways chipping game as a way of developing an optional game style. But you don’t do that crap at the start of the year. Thankfully we went back to something like last years style in the 4th qtr
Not confusing at all - totally understand the theory behind it but even my great grandniece knows that our playing list isn't capable of sustaining that shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Pies by 14 pts over the doggies - Round 4, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back