Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

I also thought that Lloyd was poor today thought he got switched onto a tall too many times and couldn't create a 2 on 2 quick enough to mitigate it. But, saying all that its what 2 poor games out of 15 for him so trust that he will get back to his best next week

I wanted us to be Essendon 2000 or Geelong 2008 (minus the grand final haha). Those teams seemed almost unbeatable in the regular season. And now that’s gone. We’re right back in the pack. Lose another unlucky one and suddenly 1st place is in doubt. Maybe we even do a North Melbourne of 2016 and barely scrape into the finals!

Nah, I did fully expect us to lose again, but I was hoping we make it to 16-1 (after the NM game) before losing a couple. It seemed entirely doable. Fremantle really aren’t that good. They shouldn’t be beating us at the SCG if we’re serious about this year.

I get that, but there's 8 games left . Let's be super conservative and say we only beat Stkilda North Crows and say Bombers and choke the other 4. We still finish 17-6 and top 2 and that's one of our best seasons.

Realistically we should be aiming for 6 wins and finish 19-4 that's still dominant , guess my point it's already on course for a great season. Just want to win when it matters .

I also think it shows we really aren't back in the pack, let's assume blues and bombers win tonight and tomorrow.

Carlton have to win 3 more games than us in the last 8, Essendon 4, Freo 4 Pies 5just to pinch 1st , don't think we are even back to the pack. Prefer we kept the bigger gap of course

What else was our next loss going to look like? We've been so much better than everyone else this year that the only way we could lose a game is if we played diabolically bad.

Yeah if we had Gulden Heeney Warner kick 9 between them 30 plus, Mcdonald Amartey Mclean 2 each , paps everywhere etc and lost wouldn't that be worse?

This loss and credit to freo, occurred because we sucked .

Yeah if we had Gulden Heeney Warner kick 9 between them 30 plus, Mcdonald Amartey Mclean 2 each , paps everywhere etc and lost wouldn't that be worse?

This loss and credit to freo, occurred because we sucked .
Yep would much rather this loss than being beaten having played our best and yes its credit to Freo for shutting our guys down for much of the game but feels like we play 90% of our best and we win that game.

Yep would much rather this loss than being beaten having played our best and yes its credit to Freo for shutting our guys down for much of the game but feels like we play 90% of our best and we win that game.

Yep and we can debate forever how much of the down performance is the opposition not allowing you to play well versus x. They will look at everything.

Slow starts overstated imo too.

Yes ☹️ … I wholeheartedly apologise to the whole Sydney board… I accept full blame for the loss… I should never have let my wife (the Queen of all black cats) come to the game today 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Never again!

I told you last night

Shunning you for a week !!

Because it showed we’re not unbeatable and that Richmond wasn’t an aberration. It’s very possible to knock us off our game with sustained pressure and efficient kicking. I think the win-loss record flatters us somewhat. We’re not quite as dominant as it seems.
Of course we aren't unbeatable...not sure anyone thought we were. We lost two games by 5 points and 1 point. I was just waiting for over the top sky is falling reactions to a loss.

I told you last night

Shunning you for a week !!
Mate, I tried a few tricks to get her out of coming, but like I said last night, her mind was made up and she was coming! 🤷‍♂️

I feel terrible for the boys… with her at the ground today, they never stood a chance 🤦‍♂️

(btw , have a guess which game she last attended? Yes, last year’s Port game 🤦‍♂️😂)

Last edited:
Please forgive me Kingy … I tried a few tricks to get her out of coming, but like I said last night, her mind was made up and she was coming! 🤷‍♂️

I feel terrible for the boys… with her at the ground today, they never stood a chance 🤦‍♂️

(btw , have a guess which game she last attended? Yes, last year’s Port game 🤦‍♂️😂)

where are the mods

It's ok I did the preview in 2016 and 2022 grand finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because it showed we’re not unbeatable and that Richmond wasn’t an aberration. It’s very possible to knock us off our game with sustained pressure and efficient kicking. I think the win-loss record flatters us somewhat. We’re not quite as dominant as it seems.
We’ve lost by a combined 6 points this season. No one is unbeatable in a competition that lasts 6 months. However, we are going ok so far.

Thought that was Campbell's best game for the club. Laid a couple of big tackles when Freo were on the break, a ripper goal and seemed to have some confidence in his hame.

Yes on a day when workrate was down his was up.

I just find it frustrating when he is deep back, because why not pick Fox or Roberts.

Sometimes think we miss what Roberts was doing before the bye and sort of dropped out of the team
I get it. But feel he needed the break, Foxy would have been neat to have but still not sure we would have won with either of them in.

Freo went to work in the midfield and it won't be last time a team does that, fair credit to them they deserved the win as they outplayed us for most of the game.

I get it. But feel he needed the break, Foxy would have been neat to have but still not sure we would have won with either of them in.

Freo went to work in the midfield and it won't be last time a team does that, fair credit to them they deserved the win as they outplayed us for most of the game.

Yep and they even got away from Jordon

It's pretty simple but we all see it when Sydney is up and pressure is up we are the best, and usually the best at holding it.

Today i think you could find heaps of vision of players jogging or walking almost even Gulden at one stage.

Read to page 5 and then gave up... Wow! We lost by a point... you'd think the world had ended. Really poor sportsmanship to bag the players, and provides no respect for Freo who kicked straight when we didn't. Last game we kicked straight, this time it was their turn...

Blakey, Melican, McInerney, McLean, Papley all had good games...

The whole midfield was off... Rowbottom had 4 tackles for the game... lowest count for the season (equal with the Crows game). Can't win without the mids... doesn't matter how good you are as a team. We couldn't get a clearance, couldn't tackle, couldn't kick and even started missing hand passes... Just couldn't get it together until after half time, and even then we couldn't kick straight. No point blaming just one or two players, the team normally works as a well oiled group... but not today.

The backline held up really well considering the mids couldn't apply the pressure to stop the ball going in...

All in all, we had a bad day and Freo had a good one... we lost, move on... there are plenty more wins to be had!

I wanted us to do Essendon 2000 or Geelong 2008 (minus the grand final haha). Those teams seemed almost unbeatable in the regular season. And now that’s gone. We’re right back in the pack. Lose another unlucky one and suddenly 1st place is in doubt. Maybe we even do a North Melbourne of 2016 and barely scrape into the finals!

I did fully expect us to lose again, but I was hoping we make it to 16-1 (after the NM game) before losing a couple. It seemed entirely doable. Fremantle really aren’t that good. They shouldn’t be beating us at the SCG if we’re serious about this year. And it wasn’t an arsey win. They led the whole game and dominated the general play. It’s a concern.

In the pack!! We're still three games clear ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back