Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched the last 2 minutes

Florent had Gulden on his own 15 out in front , bugger

Gulden wasn't happy

we lost by a point ... there's 50 "what if" moments in one-point losses ...
it sucks that mcdonald will wear the blame, he doesn't deserve the personal flogging ... this result should never have happened but we learn from it, learn that we can't afford bad starts ...
it was a bad day

we lost by a point ... there's 50 "what if" moments in one-point losses ...
it sucks that mcdonald will wear the blame, he doesn't deserve the personal flogging ... this result should never have happened but we learn from it, learn that we can't afford bad starts ...
it was a bad day

Yep I know , could go over the whole game.

Basically what Horse said

I was watching from behind Florent up the ground - my entire area of the stadium practically wept.

The crowd worked hard late, the sound was a factor

Florent is actually the only Swan's form that genuinely concerns me. I just have no faith that he'll do something good when he has the ball, and he's looked like this dating back before the bye.
Has gone backwards a little this year. Has usually been solid if unspectacular but seems so tentative with the footy this year.

Has gone backwards a little this year. Has usually been solid if unspectacular but seems so tentative with the footy this year.
He's just so frustrating cause he starts every season like a house on fire, teases this elevation in his performances, then wanes after the first few months.

Every damn year. It kills me.

He can clearly play.

He's just so frustrating cause he starts every season like a house on fire, teases this elevation in his performances, then wanes after the first few months.

He can clearly play.
Remember when he kicked that goal from a banana 50m out, I think in Round 0? I was like "F uck yes, he's on this year"...nekk minnit 🤦‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can clearly play.

Just annoying when a guy like Fox is in and out , battles for every game and guys like Him can cruise around more and seemingly drop off in form and it doesn't matter.

Fowards 11 goals

McInerney 1
Campbell 1
Blakey 1

Easily the lowest non foward total for the year.

Warner, Heeney, Gulden, Jordon nothing.

Lowest team disposals for the year. 324.

Plenty of working to do.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

That right there our forward line is our weakness but in saying that without any goals from our midfield we still almost kicked 100.

Other than another slow start and a loss i guess i didnt really see anything to suggest a cumulative drop off.

Last edited:
Shows the importance of banking wins early, a loss like that could've been absolute chaos in other circumstances.

Next week, St Kilda is a side we should beat on paper, but the response - from the collective and some individuals- will tell us whether there's anything we actually need to worry about longer term.
Today was a good audit & reminder (and hopefully nothing more), next week we'll learn more about which issues are real and which were just complacency/temporary bad habits as a result of winning.

If we do what we should do in the next 2 weeks we can head into finals runway 15-2, which would mean we largely wouldn't need to be involved in all that chaotic, end of season scrambling for ladder spots. What a luxury that would be after the last few seasons.

Oh and we ****en sulk about the umpires, for sure, but the players did just as much today, Gulden stayed down waiting for a free at one stage, play the whistle, whinge later

It's one loss, and a narrow one.
Sydney are still the team to beat. Two narrow losses. Sometimes, the occasional loss is a good thing just to remind that you can never take any match as an assumed win, and that every team is capable.

Longmire will use it well to keep his team on track. He's an excellent coach and very level headed. He won't allow the team to fall apart, and will use this as a reminder to keep on working hard.

I wish Sydney the best.

Because it showed we’re not unbeatable and that Richmond wasn’t an aberration. It’s very possible to knock us off our game with sustained pressure and efficient kicking. I think the win-loss record flatters us somewhat. We’re not quite as dominant as it seems.
I’m not sure many Swans fans thought we are unbeatable. On the other hand we do have a very good record against the rest of the top eight teams.

Each to their own but my take is that No side is unbeatable ever, otherwise why play.

The win loss record doesn't flatter us at all, you could make the case we should be undefeated , 2 kicks and we are, so why would you really argue the other way.

AFL games are hard to win , like Longmire keeps saying and every side brings pressure and works hard even when it looks shit, sometimes the other sides efforts just pay off.

You only have to be the best side on the day to win a game, even Richmond and North can knock off better teams on their day.

If our place flatters us what about others

Carlton- limped over the line v the Dees , barely beat GWS, Lions could run through their form similar to ours, go to sleep for last quarters and second halves , we shat on them

Pies- keep limping over the line every second week

Bombers played ****en no one barely beat Eagles Roos Crows Saints

Lions - lost more than won just about
I can't be stuffed doing the whole list.

But even if we "aren't that good" apply the same lens to everyone and we are still better.

Are we dead certs, shit no, but plenty to work on, plenty to work with and every other side would love our spot.
Very mature post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back