Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo's mids literally just walked out of stoppages unimpeded. Not surprised we won the contested possession count. We didn't contest many of Freo's possessions!

Centre clearance stats surprised me, felt like they waltzed out every time

Was at the game, here are my key takeaways:

• Chad was unbelievably poor! Not sure if huge $$ contract talk got to his head, but he needs to be told to pull his head in and play more “team oriented”!!
  • thought Braeden had a good game (great goal when we needed it), which hopefully will instil some confidence in him 👍
  • our players consistently slip over more than our opponents… FFS, start wearing the appropriate boots!!
  • our skills were appalling, so many crap kicks and handballs it wasn’t funny
  • was interesting (and smart) to see Rampe telling all the talls to run down to the Freo goal line at the end … to help force the ball over for a behind, but Logan’s kick was so poor (short and wide), they couldn’t do it 🤷‍♂️
  • don’t have a prob with losing the game (we were due), but very concerning that Freo’s game style was able to dominate us for large parts of the game 😳
PS. Heeney is looking more and more banged up (heavy fall on his shoulder again today) … definitely think he needs to be given a week off soon

didn't see the game, followed the scores ... i think most of us felt a loss was inevitable, and again we almost pulled it out of the fire, despite it being arguably our worst of the season
but we've lost two games, by the total of one goal, and really we blew both, for whatever reasons
yeah, there's a few concerns, not least being the stupid giveaway starts
but we're the best team in the league, and clearly our own worst enemies ... that will be sorted out, i'm sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive watched football enough to have seen this club put in some shockers but still resulted in us winning the flag/making the GF.

If this is our "worst" we are in better shape than i thought.
Our worst got us 98 points, which more often than not, is a winning score.

Watched the last 2 minutes

Florent had Gulden on his own 15 out in front , bugger

Gulden wasn't happy
Florent is actually the only Swan's form that genuinely concerns me. I just have no faith that he'll do something good when he has the ball, and he's looked like this dating back before the bye.

Florent is actually the only Swan's form that genuinely concerns me. I just have no faith that he'll do something good when he has the ball, and he's looked like this dating back before the bye.

This is BS fantasy stats but probably does reflect his form

Been a slow decline the longer the season goes in his form. Couple of just average months .

IMG_0475.png

This felt like a loss we needed to have. Leading up to this game, it felt as though a loss was on the cards, and Freo were always capable of being the ones to hand it out.

We've managed to peg back leads throughout the season but we were always going to end up finding ourselves in a hole we couldn't get out of.

This game was the perfect reminder that if you're not 100% switched in for four quarters you're going to get found out. Hopefully this a lesson we revisit on the eve of finals and gives the team the fuel to be relentless from the first bounce. Anything less and we leave the door ajar.

So it’s a participation award now?
LOL that’s a dopey comment.

If Caesar is right and Campbell won more hard balls than Lloyd, Gulden, McInerney, Amartey, Melican, Wicks, Florent, Cleary, Hayward, Jordon, McCartin, McDonald, Rampe and Cunningham, that is way more than merely “participating”.

If you’ve got a grudge against a player maybe just refrain from commenting on him.

Earlier in the week, I posted that Freo's mids would trouble us. Best clearance team in the comp by a mile and a single kick gives their forwards a good look at the SCG.

They clearly beat our #1 mid setup - Heeney, Rowy, Warner, Paps (he attended a lot of CB)

We then changed it up in Q3. Jordon dropped the tag, played as a mid. JMac started going to CB and played mid. We then actually start winning doing something different.

We would then goal and suddenly Horse would again put 3 of our #1 mid setup back into the CBA. Low and behold, Freo's mids get on top.

I think this loss is as big of a learning lesson for coaches as the players. We rave on about the versatility of our players. So let Heeney start HF or wing, let Chad start HF etc etc. Let Jordon, JMac stay on top for longer and give them a chance to win the CB.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back