Autopsy Pipped by 1 in a thriller!

Remove this Banner Ad

Florent is actually the only Swan's form that genuinely concerns me. I just have no faith that he'll do something good when he has the ball, and he's looked like this dating back before the bye.
Agreed. Much improved this season but actually looks scared at times and completely second guesses himself. I much prefer a Blakey who might turn it over but at least does it with conviction and purpose or even a Lloyd who might not take a risk but at least looks safe and assured with ball in hand. I don't trust Florent at all

I'm still confused what holding the ball means.
If you don’t have any opportunity to dispose of the ball, it’s HtB. If you have time to dispose of the ball it’s HtB if you wear red and white but not if you wear other colours. If you don’t dispose of the ball properly when tackled it’s HtB if you wear red and white even if you make an attempt. If you don’t wear red and white you will get pinged 1 in every 4 times. Hope that helps.

Blakey is holding the defence together
I found his second quarter was putrid. Dinky kicks to outnumbered contests that were turned over and led to 3 Freo goals. Incredibly dumb decision making at times. Pulled his head in and improved after that.

Watched the last 2 minutes

Florent had Gulden on his own 15 out in front , bugger

Gulden wasn't happy

Guldens never happy. When chad kicked to the goal sq and mcinerney foaled, gulden was complaining to chad that he should have been used on his outside near the boundary.
It really wasn’t one of guldens best games. He worked hard but rarely seemed to be an option

Guldens never happy. When chad kicked to the goal sq and mcinerney foaled, gulden was complaining to chad that he should have been used on his outside near the boundary.
It really wasn’t one of guldens best games. He worked hard but rarely seemed to be an option

Didn't think he worked hard as usual until late.

Is he on the ground too long?

Didn't think he worked hard as usual until late.

Is he on the ground too long?
I can admire his determination in achieving his goal of playing 100% game time, but I hope he isn't willing himself too much knowing he could do well with a breather on the sideline.

I can admire his determination in achieving his goal of playing 100% game time, but I hope he isn't willing himself too much knowing he could do well with a breather on the sideline.

This is just bullshit from the comfort of my couch. But to me Gulden is in contention to be the best in the comp, Daicos also. I also have no verification for this.

Daicos played a better game by a fair yesterday, but they both had pretty good last quarters trying to drag their side home, Daicos got 10, Gulden 9.

I thought Daicos looked way more dangerous and likely to win it for his side because he was in the guts and kicking it forward, seemed to run a lot between the arcs.

Gulden seemed to be playing with some license to take over, he was running around the whole field, very admirable, did he even take a kick in or a mark near the goal square, basically covering the whole field. Great gut running but I think it made him less effective and damaging and gassed him more. Poor decision making in terms of where to go compared to Daicos and ordinary coaching not to get a runner out IMO. He is going to hurt Freo more using that hard work between the arcs, even taking a long shot for goal.

They both played the entire quarter, but Dacios play 88% of the game, Gulden 97% , he was on more than Mccartin. Ok its a few minutes here or there, but whats the point of running the best player into the ground every week? Also copping attention, so shifting him off a bit isnt the worst idea imo.

As I said just sitting in the cheap seats watching two gun players try to take over a close game, and neither side won. But think we tied one hand behind Guldens back.

Has gone backwards a little this year. Has usually been solid if unspectacular but seems so tentative with the footy this year.
I disagree...

At least part of this is a reflection on the rest of the team... his job is to get it out of D50. When the mids and forwards aren't providing targets, his job is exponentially more difficult!

We choose to play a team game, not relying on a star or a group of stars to win the game. When the team is not working cohesively, then individuals tend to look like they are playing poorly. Happens at both ends when it's the midfield that's off.

Florent's doing fine... I doubt that anyone in this team can be considered as having gone backwards this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blakey is holding the defence together
Again, I disagree...

At a guess, I'd say Rampe is holding the defence together, ably abetted by Melican, McCartin, Cunningham, Florent and Lloyd (regardless of where he is playing). Blakey had a good game, but so did Melican... and the rest weren't particularly poor, they were just overwhelmed and undersized. Without the midfield to mitigate the amount and speed of ball coming in, they were inundated. No pressure means the whole team looks bad...

Sure, mistakes were made, but they're made every game, even our best games...

One point loss burns more.
One point didn't really reflect how good Freo were yesterday to stiffle our run game. However we still kicked 98 points and if it wasn't for a few moments of poor kicking could have had us with the win. Imagine we played a full 4 qtr effort.

Freo are sitting 3rd on the ladder so they were always going to challenge us.

Imagine Tigers win today, we will remain 12 points ahead of 2nd even after losing 😂

One point didn't really reflect how good Freo were yesterday to stiffle our run game. However we still kicked 98 points and if it wasn't for a few moments of poor kicking could have had us with the win. Imagine we played a full 4 qtr effort.

Freo are sitting 3rd on the ladder so they were always going to challenge us.

Imagine Tigers win today, we will remain 12 points ahead of 2nd even after losing 😂
lol @ Tigers winning.

Oh and we ****en sulk about the umpires, for sure, but the players did just as much today, Gulden stayed down waiting for a free at one stage, play the whistle, whinge later
Yeah, they played for the whistle far too much yesterday and it cost us.

Slow starts are the bane of our existence.

Hopefully will get the boys to reset and get back to basics.

So, so many passengers.

Mclean, Jmac and Blakey were good.

Heeney, Gulden and Warner drank the bath water.

Amartey non-existent

Logan non-existent until he was and fluffed it (not blaming him at all for the loss here)

Slips galour and lazy as play. Hopefully this reignites the fire for them
Pretty sure Heeney was playing injured most if not all of the game. The problems were based in the ruck where for the first time this year we were monstered. Mids could not get their hands on the ball except under pressure. Our entries did the forwards no favours.
We played that game the way we finished against GWS. The warning signs were there.

May as well join the Daicos and co and everybody else doing it

daicos doesn't stop and wait for the frees (doesn't have too ha ha) I am not talking about staging etc , I mean you think it was a free and it's not even arguing it's just stopping like you presume it's a free. We played like that yesterday .

Sydney have an arrogance that is good , but occasionally becomes OTT, yesterday it happened like the Tigers.

Pretty sure Heeney was playing injured most if not all of the game. The problems were based in the ruck where for the first time this year we were monstered. Mids could not get their hands on the ball except under pressure. Our entries did the forwards no favours.
We played that game the way we finished against GWS. The warning signs were there.
Very good observation. Id forgotten Heeney looked rattled last week. And all our plays start at Grundy and Heeney. And Grundy got knocked up pretty badly too.

It almost seemed like Freo weren't playing that much better and we were just playing way worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back