Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day PMBangers,

Love you, love your work.

Was wondering who you rate as the best "money kick" of the top prospects year? Who delivers inside 50 the best from midfield?

G'day PMBangers,

Love you, love your work.

Was wondering who you rate as the best "money kick" of the top prospects year? Who delivers inside 50 the best from midfield?
Hmm hard to narrow it down, particularly for midfielders. I think Joe Berry, Will Hayes and Cooper Hynes are the guys I've been most consistently impressed with, but guys like Angove, Dattoli, Reid have their moments too, but generally all those guys are more high half forward than they are midfield

Way over stated tbh.

Victorian clubs would have Draper lower for the same reason.

North had Logan McDonald further down their board for the same reason and were crucified for it, not applauded.
It really isn't.
You can pick the outlier to make a point but it is not the case.
It is different for 2 key reasons, ffrstly a lot more players come from Vic.
But far more importantly, more clubs are in Vic. It is very dangerous for a kid to limit themselves to the 2 clubs in their state without a lot of assurances..much easier for the Vic kid to be available for half the teams.
Loads of times where players have virtually said I'm not moving or not going there. Sheezel and Archie Perkins the 2 most vocal in recent times. Bailey Smith also.made it clear he wanted to stay home.
Chad Wingard ruled himself out for GWS by deliberately tanking his interview, that was club specific as opposed to not moving.
But it's super common.
Also made the blow up about academies even more ridiculous.

PMBangers what are your thoughts on this key forward class. I'm not sure if just due to eveness and athletisms how hard is it to seperate them and is it just me or are they all exceptionally athletic? any more so then previous years?

PMBangers what are your thoughts on this key forward class. I'm not sure if just due to eveness and athletisms how hard is it to seperate them and is it just me or are they all exceptionally athletic? any more so then previous years?
I'm not really sure on the 'exceptionally athletic', combine results will confirm but I'd say most of them have one or two traits that they excel in and lack in others, to my eye Gerreyn and Stumpf are the two that seem to have all bases (acceleration, leap, agility) covered to a high level.

As for the evenness, I'd say it's probably because really only Armstrong has had that dominant game at the Champs we generally like to see from our Key Forwards, whereas guys like Sims, Faull, JWhitlock, Gerreyn, Shanahan were consistent without being dominant, so there's not as much confidence from many in pushing any of them above the rest.

In saying that, it doesn't diminish the quality of the KPF cohort this year, for the most part I think all these guys will be pretty good at AFL level which I haven't seem from one draft class before, and a lot of these guys are putting in good shifts consistently at U18s/ state league level which more than we usually get from Talls projected to go in the second round

I'm not really sure on the 'exceptionally athletic', combine results will confirm but I'd say most of them have one or two traits that they excel in and lack in others, to my eye Gerreyn and Stumpf are the two that seem to have all bases (acceleration, leap, agility) covered to a high level.

As for the evenness, I'd say it's probably because really only Armstrong has had that dominant game at the Champs we generally like to see from our Key Forwards, whereas guys like Sims, Faull, JWhitlock, Gerreyn, Shanahan were consistent without being dominant, so there's not as much confidence from many in pushing any of them above the rest.

In saying that, it doesn't diminish the quality of the KPF cohort this year, for the most part I think all these guys will be pretty good at AFL level which I haven't seem from one draft class before, and a lot of these guys are putting in good shifts consistently at U18s/ state league level which more than we usually get from Talls projected to go in the second round
Thanks for the answer. I think maybe my interpritation is just with so many prospects so closely ranked.. with the exception of Armstrong.

Only one that really stepped up this week.

If Ashcroft wasnt and FS he would deserve to go No 1, as it stands I think FOS has shown enough in the VFL for the Tigers. When kids arent playing or are playing injured its easy for others to out shine them. Draper is a classic example his Champ games were average, but his SANFL games since have been outstanding. O'Sullivan was a step above last year when fit and firing.

Apologies if this has already been asked, do you consider Moraes a good kick?
I wouldn't say 'good' personally due to the inconsistency and what appears to be a lack of confidence sometimes, where even if the best option is to kick he'll often force a handball and slow his sides ball movement down in doing so.

He's a hard one to place because I'm not overly confident he's an inside mid at the next level due to his contested game/ defensive work rate, but his kicking limits his potential to impact in other positions, but if a club can get the kicking right, or get him to a stage where they're confident he's an inside mid option, he's going to be a very good player, particularly if he's picked in the 20s

Who would be the best field kick in the draft and how do you rate Sam Marshall's kicking PMBangers ?
I'd say Finn O'Sullivan, Joe Berry, Harrison Oliver and Xavier Lindsay standout as field kicks but there's plenty that aren't too far behind them either.

Marshall's a fine kick, nothing extraordinarily good or bad about it, but I think he could try to be a bit more expansive with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say Finn O'Sullivan, Joe Berry, Harrison Oliver and Xavier Lindsay standout as field kicks but there's plenty that aren't too far behind them either.

Marshall's a fine kick, nothing extraordinarily good or bad about it, but I think he could try to be a bit more expansive with it
So PMBangers who is the most mobile, dual sided foot skill 199cm forward/ruck in the draft and where do you think he goes now?

So PMBangers who is the most mobile, dual sided foot skill 199cm forward/ruck in the draft and where do you think he goes now?
Sims could go anywhere from 20 onwards!

I would love it if Giants grabbed Gerryn to develop into a third tall/relieving ruckman. But I suspect we won't.
I don't hate the fit from a positional perspective but think Sims as more of a 'pop it on his head' forward would be a better sort to compliment Cadman and our mosquito squad, Gerreyn's probably more likely to be that 50+ goal a year guy but don't think he's got the pack marking potential of Sims

I don't hate the fit from a positional perspective but think Sims as more of a 'pop it on his head' forward would be a better sort to compliment Cadman and our mosquito squad, Gerreyn's probably more likely to be that 50+ goal a year guy but don't think he's got the pack marking potential of Sims

On the GIANTS, I wonder who'll be traded, who'll be sent off as a free-agent and if Stone and Preuss become the first 2 cuts.

Looking at the list, there seems to be little wriggle room.

On the GIANTS, I wonder who'll be traded, who'll be sent off as a free-agent and if Stone and Preuss become the first 2 cuts.

Looking at the list, there seems to be little wriggle room.
I think Stone's move to the back keeps him on a list.
Preuss surely gone.
Haynes will go.
I think the future of Angwin, Kennedy and Hamilton may be somewhat linked to what happens with Perryman and Cumming and whether or not the likes of Ward and Keefe carry on.
Lot to unpack.

I'll add a couple of other's Will Hayes and Cooper Hynes

I think Stone's move to the back keeps him on a list.
Preuss surely gone.
Haynes will go.
I think the future of Angwin, Kennedy and Hamilton may be somewhat linked to what happens with Perryman and Cumming and whether or not the likes of Ward and Keefe carry on.
Lot to unpack.
Hamilton is their best social media representative, will stay on the list

I would love it if Giants grabbed Gerryn to develop into a third tall/relieving ruckman. But I suspect we won't.
Harry Armstrong / Kayle Gerreyn, Jack Whitlock and then Jonty Faull and Tom Sims in that order, we are getting a key forward but who Will, Brady and Alastair like, is really anybody's guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert PMBangers 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back