Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's some merit in the old it's never as good or as bad as it looks.

We have some structural issues, and they players are really struggling between the ears, but last year we were magnificent when faced with adversity, im backing in the coaching unit and playing group to get it right.

Lol I love the melt. On a positive note, how shit were AFL teams last year to let this midfielders win a flag. lol, I am still yet to figure that one out. lol, who cares, we won a flag.

Gawd it was awful. Hickey tried very hard! Er..was there anyone else? The backline was under duress but Hurn and Gov tried hard.
I dont know whats happened to Duggan;where is the speed,toughness and aggression of the past? i hardly saw a game last year where he didnt try to clean someone up! They say Cole is under the pump but at least he still goes hard.People say Masten is a whipping boy and quote his stats but as ive previously stated he ***** up early and thats the "statement" moments.The ball comes flying out of the middle with a posse after it and its coming straight at Masten.He steps aside,or falls over,or lets the opposition take possession then tries to tackle and gets brushed aside.I would persevere with Brander and give him a home game to get some confidence.Darling looks as slow as a wet week.Has he put on too much muscle? He doesnt play smart!If your on a big bloke;run them!If your on a little bloke go to the square and muscle them! Gaffy needs to take half a second to look before kicking;Why do we have this unhealthy reliance on giving him the ball at all costs? When theres space and hes running forward ;yes! When hes getting it out the back often on his wrong side and kicking round the corner;No!!
kick short and take out WCs marking power and they are stuffed? Crap!! Individually we are very talented.Thats the problem.We are not playing for each other.wheres the love?? The midfield is getting slaughtered.Hickey is our only consistent midfielder.Yo has a go for a bit then disappears.Shuey has fallen off the pace.I took him at 50-1 for the Brownlow as i thought he was nearing his peak but hes gone back to his old ways of disappearing under pressure.
Simmo needs to take some blame as i thought he didnt coach well.Putting xtras behind the ball is a losers move,nobody to kick to when you do clear the ball.At one staqe as Geelong were lining up from 50 the commentators said "every WC playere is in the defensive 50".The kick landed 8m out went over the back and Geelong had THREE players on their own.Every f##king player in defence and they got three loose.Why did it take so long to get changes in the guts? Why were'nt Cole,Duggan,Petrol etc given a go other than the last 5 minutes? If your not getting a touch surely theres a need to change your role? Ryan should be run through the middle ala Riolis role. If the balls not going forward then theres a LOT of talent sitting on its arse doing very little.
Yes the newbies didnt do much but its the experienced players who should lead by example thats why the Mastens and the Darlings are the ones who cop it more.I thought Vardy should have played against his old side and Darling been rested.
I always thought the Cats game was pivotal to our season.The always bully us and intimidate us down there [ yes im sick of it too ] but now we must realise the time has come.Step up or step away! Everybody wants to beat the premiers,its a feather in their cap,their supporters get excited,everyone lifts against us.WC must embrace being the hunted,everytime we go out on the ground we must have the attitude of "bring it on suckers". If players cant find that "grit your teeth and fight" motivation then look no further than WAFL.
We musn't go back to the old ways of getting killed away from home;nobody being dropped; then coming home for a nice easy win in front of our adoring fans and playing well.2018 is DEAD!!!!!

Gawd it was awful. Hickey tried very hard! Er..was there anyone else? The backline was under duress but Hurn and Gov tried hard.
I dont know whats happened to Duggan;where is the speed,toughness and aggression of the past? i hardly saw a game last year where he didnt try to clean someone up! They say Cole is under the pump but at least he still goes hard.People say Masten is a whipping boy and quote his stats but as ive previously stated he ***** up early and thats the "statement" moments.The ball comes flying out of the middle with a posse after it and its coming straight at Masten.He steps aside,or falls over,or lets the opposition take possession then tries to tackle and gets brushed aside.I would persevere with Brander and give him a home game to get some confidence.Darling looks as slow as a wet week.Has he put on too much muscle? He doesnt play smart!If your on a big bloke;run them!If your on a little bloke go to the square and muscle them! Gaffy needs to take half a second to look before kicking;Why do we have this unhealthy reliance on giving him the ball at all costs? When theres space and hes running forward ;yes! When hes getting it out the back often on his wrong side and kicking round the corner;No!!
kick short and take out WCs marking power and they are stuffed? Crap!! Individually we are very talented.Thats the problem.We are not playing for each other.wheres the love?? The midfield is getting slaughtered.Hickey is our only consistent midfielder.Yo has a go for a bit then disappears.Shuey has fallen off the pace.I took him at 50-1 for the Brownlow as i thought he was nearing his peak but hes gone back to his old ways of disappearing under pressure.
Simmo needs to take some blame as i thought he didnt coach well.Putting xtras behind the ball is a losers move,nobody to kick to when you do clear the ball.At one staqe as Geelong were lining up from 50 the commentators said "every WC playere is in the defensive 50".The kick landed 8m out went over the back and Geelong had THREE players on their own.Every f##king player in defence and they got three loose.Why did it take so long to get changes in the guts? Why were'nt Cole,Duggan,Petrol etc given a go other than the last 5 minutes? If your not getting a touch surely theres a need to change your role? Ryan should be run through the middle ala Riolis role. If the balls not going forward then theres a LOT of talent sitting on its arse doing very little.
Yes the newbies didnt do much but its the experienced players who should lead by example thats why the Mastens and the Darlings are the ones who cop it more.I thought Vardy should have played against his old side and Darling been rested.
I always thought the Cats game was pivotal to our season.The always bully us and intimidate us down there [ yes im sick of it too ] but now we must realise the time has come.Step up or step away! Everybody wants to beat the premiers,its a feather in their cap,their supporters get excited,everyone lifts against us.WC must embrace being the hunted,everytime we go out on the ground we must have the attitude of "bring it on suckers". If players cant find that "grit your teeth and fight" motivation then look no further than WAFL.
We musn't go back to the old ways of getting killed away from home;nobody being dropped; then coming home for a nice easy win in front of our adoring fans and playing well.2018 is DEAD!!!!!

Use the ****ing enter key.

I think its easy to get negative after a game like that but the thing about modern footy is I think it looks worse because it is structure based so often you look like million bucks then you look horrible week to week.
And I think once the structure breaks down its hard to arrest the momentum. Those games were carbon copies with Geelong being a better team than Port.
I think what makes Simmo a good coach is the flexibility and the adaptation during a game that he does. I think he is robbed of that at the minute by square peg in a round hole reintroduction of an out of form Gaff to this midfield which seems to have effected Sheed and the general lack of form that we have been carrying from round 1 of players like Vardy, Darling, Cole, JK + Cripps (back from interrupted pre-seasons), no Rioli Barrass injury etc.
Im a huge OAllen fan and think he will be good for us over the journey but perhaps the introduction of him to that out of form forward line is making it top heavy. But then again I wouldn't be against resting JK and making Darling and OAllen the key forwards. As I said last year would not be against us taking a Alastair Lynch Brissy days view with JK of only playing home games or 1 week off a month some type as he will be important fit at the end of the year when we need him and he is not getting younger.

I think the Gaff situation needs a solution. Otherwise have no issue with him backing the players in that were part of an against the odds premiership victory last year.

This team have dumped Jetta, Masten, Redden, Sheed & Vardy and Venables more recently based on form so I think they have the guts if they really feel someone is hitting their mark consistently.

At least Hickey followed up on the contest.He didnt just ruck and say "well my jobs done"like a lot of them.He was the only bloke following up on the contest.If the mids had any brains they would get in behind him.Big blokes who crack in cause a lot of spillage and make a lot of room.Get around him!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Positives and Negatives vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back