Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not going to speak in absolutes unless I know, because you’re right it could backfire. No need to hang yourself out there unless you know, very true.

I’m saying in absolute terms the Eagles have offered Robert Harvey and assistant gig and will be keeping Simmo. This was true as of the week leading up to the derby. Maybe the derby loss and a 300 point loss this weekend could change that but I’d be very comfortable to bet that the info that was true last week will be true next week, in which case Simmo stays and hopefully Harvey signs the offer put to him.

I don’t work for the Eagles and have never applied for a job at the Eagles, though I imagine it’d be very fun. But having access to a BigFooty account doesn’t automatically preclude someone from knowing people in the real world, especially not on a forum where there’s an Eagles staffer who posts fairly regularly.
Getting Harvey I must admit would be a great inclusion. fingers crossed.

Hahaha posted May 2017.

Aged like a fine wine.

I truly think 18 was an outlier. Most ppl here gave us less than 50% chance in 18 GF if we were to meet tigers. Not to mention we won by a kick against pies. Also post 18 Buckley has won more finals than simmo 2-1 ( that includes beating simmo) and Simmo has still somehow managed to keep his job and that includes Simmo having a better home and away record. No coach in VIC would have survived going down 2-6 last 8 games with a list we had. No coach. So on that evidence looking at the results of seasons 17,19,20 and 21, I will let you be the judge of what an outlier means. Happy to listen to your counter.

I truly think 18 was an outlier. Most ppl here gave us less than 50% chance in 18 GF if we were to meet tigers. Not to mention we won by a kick against pies. Also post 18 Buckley has won more finals than simmo 2-1 ( that includes beating simmo) and Simmo has still somehow managed to keep his job and that includes Simmo having a better home and away record. No coach in VIC would have survived going down 2-6 last 8 games with a list we had. No coach. So on that evidence looking at the results of seasons 17,19,20 and 21, I will let you be the judge of what an outlier means. Happy to listen to your counter.

You said not to post in absolutes.

You said we wouldn’t win a flag with this team.

We won a flag with this team.

That’s the entirety of my argument.

You said not to post in absolutes.

You said we wouldn’t win a flag with this team.

We won a flag with this team.

That’s the entirety of my argument.

Also "no coach would've survived 2 and 6, no coach."

Jebus

who is Jebus?? which coach has ever survived 2-6 record starting the season as flag favorites?? I'm waiting.

Bevo in 2017, as the defending champs?

Which coach was sacked with three years left on his deal? I’m waiting.

who is Jebus?? which coach has ever survived 2-6 record starting the season as flag favorites?? I'm waiting.

Clarkson 3-8 in 2009

Same coach is now regarded as the one of the best coaches in history.

So you've got 2 now.

Also struggling to remember us starting the season as flag favourites, I would’ve assumed that’d be two-time defending champions Richmond.

But we shouldn’t let absolutes get in the way of a good story.
we definitely didn’t, because Fox Footy broke their necks racing to write the “THERES A NEW FLAG FAVOURITE” article after we thumped Port in round three.

Hoping to see your team lose is a disgrace no matter the circumstances.

Frustrated? Want to see significant changes? Great, fair enough. But you should always want to see your team win.
Was screaming my head off at the tv the other night

but afterwards i didn’t feel anywhere near as let down as i would ordinarily.

The crazies are out.

I hate this cycle in a club, everyone turns on each other.
Almost as bad as the effort the players put in for the club when it mattered on Sunday.

I watched the game with a former premiership player and his vitriol was worse than mine. Our players were disgraceful and copped their fair whack. They are happy to take the ego stroking after wins like the Richmond game, this is the other side ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarkson 3-8 in 2009

Same coach is now regarded as the one of the best coaches in history.

So you've got 2 now.

Ken Hinckley has overseen some almighty collapses during his time at Port.

Richmond started 2016 with a 2-6 record, having made the finals the three proceeding years (but never winning a final). It was Hardwick’s seventh year and at that stage he had a 48% winning record and a 0-3 record in finals.

No coach could survive that.

Collingwood made a prelim in Buckley’s first season, the finals in his second season, were 8-3 midway through his third season then collapsed and went 3-8 in the second half of the year and missed the finals. Guess whether he got sacked?

That’s six.

Can we have a check on how many coaches got sacked with three years to run on a deal?

Im happy that the outlier resulted in winning a flag.

NO ONE would have thought this at the start of 2018. I honestly thought we were shot. (Like now...now we are shot)

images (93).jpeg

It really irks me when people try and devalue our 2018 premiership because of our present form.
If you take out Brian Lara's 277, 375 and 400... and all his other double centuries... he's really not much better than Marcus North.

Srs though Simpson has the 2nd best win % of any current coach, behind Scott. Only Hinkley (who is 4th) sits in the top 7 and doesn't have a flag.

Only Peter Pianto, who coached Geelong between 66 and 70 has a better Win % without a flag.

It would be an outlier for him not to have a flag.

We deserved 2018.

Last edited:
Im happy that the outlier resulted in winning a flag.

NO ONE would have thought this at the start of 2018. I honestly thought we were shot. (Like now...now we are shot)

I don't have an issue with an outlier either. More than happy to take it. we won a flag for god sake. As long as we all recognize that was indeed an outlier.

It really irks me when people try and devalue our 2018 premiership because of our present form.

respectfully speaking, calling 2018 an outlier is not devaluing it. It's just looking at it objectively. Do you get the point?? or you still having difficulty differentiating between critique vs devalue??

If you take out Brian Lara's 277, 375 and 400... and all his other double centuries... he's really not much better than Marcus North.

Srs though Simpson has the 2nd best win % of any current coach, behind Scott. Only Hinkley (who is 4th) sits in the top 7 and doesn't have a flag.

Only Peter Pianto, who coached Geelong between 66 and 70 has a better Win % without a flag.

It would be an outlier for him not to have a flag.

We deserved 2018.
Google confirmation bias while you're at it.

we definitely didn’t, because Fox Footy broke their necks racing to write the “THERES A NEW FLAG FAVOURITE” article after we thumped Port in round three.

here is the famous word again - "definitley". we were one of the favorites for sure. you are silly to think otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back