Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

respectfully speaking, calling 2018 an outlier is not devaluing it. It's just looking at it objectively. Do you get the point?? or you still having difficulty differentiating between critique vs devalue??
Why do you find it necessary to patronise anyone who has an opinion that is different than yours?

respectfully speaking, calling 2018 an outlier is not devaluing it. It's just looking at it objectively. Do you get the point?? or you still having difficulty differentiating between critique vs devalue??
I can't view it as an outlier. It was the result of a long build toward the top. In 2011 we made a prelim, but dropped down for a few years as we transitioned a senior core into retirement and needed the young guns to step up (Nic, Shuey, JK etc). In 2015 we made an unexpected GF, got spanked, then spent two seasons learning lessons and re-tooling the squad (while still playing finals). We then jumped up and seized our chance in 2018.

I think the Hawthorn and Richmond eras are viewed as a norm these days, rather than pretty fortunate one-off occurrences. It's damn hard to win a flag and we are lucky that every core group we've taken to the top of the ladder has achieved one. Look at St Kilda, They should probably have 2 or 3 flags in the AFL but never managed to jag one. Geelong in the 90s got nothing, Collingwood has lost plenty as well (2001/02, 2011, 2018).

here is the famous word again - "definitley". we were one of the favorites for sure. you are silly to think otherwise.

Just like anyone would be silly to think a coach of a fancied side would survive a 2-6 run? Even though Clarkson, Hardwick, Hinkley, Thompson, Buckley, Beveridge have all done just that?

Just like anyone would have been silly to think in 2017 that we wouldn’t win a flag?

Just like anyone would be silly to suggest that coaches get sacked all the time despite having lengthy contracts, but not even be able to name one example?

That sort of silly?

I don't have an issue with an outlier either. More than happy to take it. we won a flag for god sake. As long as we all recognize that was indeed an outlier.

I do think we underachieved in the 3 years following 2018. We should have at least made 1 prelim final or even another GF.

it's yet to be seen if the club tries to go again with this list, back in our old tiring, complacent players or make the difficult decisions and move on some of the ilder players /solid b graders and back in the next wave (not that they have shown anything)

We're in a lose lose situation here.

I think the Hawthorn and Richmond eras are viewed as a norm these days, rather than pretty fortunate one-off occurrences.

This.

Dynasties are the outliers (at least they have been since Carlton and friends were stopped from being able to buy premierships with the draft, salary cap etc).

Two Grand Finals in four years and the second one in that four year period is an outlier? GTFO.

I can't view it as an outlier. It was the result of a long build toward the top. In 2011 we made a prelim, but dropped down for a few years as we transitioned a senior core into retirement and needed the young guns to step up (Nic, Shuey, JK etc). In 2015 we made an unexpected GF, got spanked, then spent two seasons learning lessons and re-tooling the squad (while still playing finals). We then jumped up and seized our chance in 2018.

I think the Hawthorn and Richmond eras are viewed as a norm these days, rather than pretty fortunate one-off occurrences. It's damn hard to win a flag and we are lucky that every core group we've taken to the top of the ladder has achieved one. Look at St Kilda, They should probably have 2 or 3 flags in the AFL but never managed to jag one. Geelong in the 90s got nothing, Collingwood has lost plenty as well (2001/02, 2011, 2018).
Fair enough. Good points. I just have a slightly different view. Thanks for sharing your view. I can see where you coming from.

lol have you looked yourself in the mirror?? I had an opinion different from the popular demand and was attacked by everyone including you.
People disagree with you and ask you for examples and clarifications for a healthy debate.

You get defensive and resort to belittlement and want an unhealthy argument.

This.

Dynasties are the outliers (at least they have been since Carlton and friends were stopped from being able to buy premierships with the draft, salary cap etc).

Two Grand Finals in four years and the second one in that four year period is an outlier? GTFO.
why do you have to finish a post with GTFO?? also where do you come up with 4 years?? 15GF, 18GF and we are now in 2021. that's 2 in 7 not 2 in 4.

People disagree with you and ask you for examples and clarifications for a healthy debate.

I have a different view from you in terms of footy and how I like my club to perform. I don't actually need to explain myself to anyone unless they cross the line and then I decide if I should respond to them or not which clearly you don't like and respectfully I don't care.

When you make stupid comments like " people disagree with you" you gotta have to be prepared to cop it. That's not defensive, it is responsive to your stupid statement. you speak on behalf of others now?? dude, just speak on your behalf and save yourself further embarrassment. own it. or perhaps zip it. how is that??

I don't actually need to explain myself to anyone

Truly, we've grasped this pretty early on. Just wondering what you get out of being on a discussion forum if you're not willing to discuss anything - is it purely a venting exercise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a different view from you in terms of footy and how I like my club to perform. I don't actually need to explain myself to anyone unless they cross the line and then I decide if I should respond to them or not which clearly you don't like and respectfully I don't care.

When you make stupid comments like " people disagree with you" you gotta have to be prepared to cop it. That's not defensive, it is responsive to your stupid statement. you speak on behalf of others now?? dude, just speak on your behalf and save yourself further embarrassment. own it. or perhaps zip it. how is that??
What point are you trying to make here?

That when posters ask you for examples and clarification so that they can understand your point is them "attacking" you and the way you respond to them isn't?

That’s not a stupid comment on a forum.
[/QUOTE]
That's actually a stupid comment in any forum or format. People who tend to use a pack mentality and decide to speak on behalf of a group are problematic. To make matters worse you get equally stupid people liking their post which makes them to wrongfully think they are correct. In summary, I am not a fan of Simmo and how he ran the club. That is not a crime and I should not be bashed for it because it is not a popular comment.

What point are you trying to make here?

That when posters ask you for examples and clarification so that they can understand your point is them "attacking" you and the way you respond to them isn't?

Mate, ask and I will respond to my best ability. But when you continue to antagonize me even after I have provided evidence then you will be treated differently. Just say, I don't agree, and move on. what evidence are you referring to any way that I apparently failed to provide?? you don't like my response, that is a whole different conversation.

Mate, ask and I will respond to my best ability. But when you continue to antagonize me even after I have provided evidence then you will be treated differently. Just say, I don't agree, and move on. what evidence are you referring to any way that I apparently failed to provide?? you don't like my response, that is a whole different conversation.
I mean you've been asked repeatedly to back up your claim that no coach has survived a 2-6 record at the start of the season despite being provided with evidence that they have.

I mean you've been asked repeatedly to back up your claim that no coach has survived a 2-6 record at the start of the season despite being provided with evidence that they have.

Don’t forget his claim that coaches can be sacked with years and millions left on their deals.

Nothing wrong with having different opinions and engaging in a robust debate.

Plenty wrong however with making spurious claims, refusing to provide any evidence to back them up and them claim people are bullying you because you ignore their requests for proof and decide to attack them with insults instead.

Do people even know how to talk to each other or debate anymore?

Oh, I also forgot to add questioning 'Free Speech' in a private forum where people agree to the rules around what can and cannot be posted when they sign up.

'Free speech' doesn't give you a right to flaunt forum rules and be an arseh*le to others. Especially when you make claims you cannot back up and decide to cry 'poor me' when called out.

That's what Facebook is for.

Plenty wrong however with making spurious claims, refusing to provide any evidence to back them up and them claim people are bullying you because you ignore their requests for proof and decide to attack them with insults instead.

Or we could acknowledge that coaches are sacked all the time. As time progresses, it becomes more likely that there will be an instance that a club will "break a record", i.e. break an AFL contract bigger than the previous record. That's just how things work with the passage of time. Like the Buddy Franklin contract. Was the biggest in its time, right? Did that mean that it wasn't at all possible?

That is not a crime and I should not be bashed for it because it is not a popular comment.
Please report anything untoward and I will deal with it. Thanks

Or we could acknowledge that coaches are sacked all the time. As time progresses, it becomes more likely that there will be an instance that a club will "break a record", i.e. break an AFL contract bigger than the previous record. That's just how things work with the passage of time. Like the Buddy Franklin contract. Was the biggest in its time, right? Did that mean that it wasn't at all possible?
Coaches are sacked all the time yes, 9 out of 10 end their tenure sacked.

Any coaches sacked with 3 years left on a contract by any chance?

Buddy was a free agent, not even remotely relevant to coaches getting sacked. Quite the opposite actually considering it was a huge contract instead.

It's simply not going to happen so move on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives & Negatives: Review vs Fremantle round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back