Autopsy Positives & Negatives v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Regarding your last comment, easier said than done. Not too many want to venture West Unfortunately. Which is why we have always had to mainly rely on the draft.

I feel it is a bit of a catch all cop out to say that it is the state exclusively that turns WA born players to not return (not that you are). As a club we need to entice these players with a dynamic package, creatively compiling our offer to these players.

Money talks and the lure of home especially when discussions around starting a family and the support network of extended family is assessed, it is clearly invaluable.

We can surely come up with something to get these mids home.

More lessons learned rather than positives and negatives:
  • Gov should never be in the ruck - definition of robbing Peter to pay Paul.
  • Gov and Barrass are the heart of our defence now.
  • Emac deserves one more year to see if he can fully get over his injury.
  • LeCras is done.
  • Schofield also done: doesn't have the pace to go with the big forwards.
  • Clangers are demoralising, whether they're kick ins that are intercepted or handballs to players about to be run down.

Also, couldn't see why the wind was such a factor - was blowing across the ground yet 80% of the goals were at the one end.

Masten, Butler, Lecras, McKenzie, Hutchings ....... Premiership core there.

Can we please start deducting Masten panicked 1 metre handball to a player under just as much pressure from his disposal count (or at least his effective disposal count) because by any realistic measure they just pad his stats & contribute nothing.

I suppose unlike Masten, at least Lecras can take a tackle, even if it is caused by a complete unawareness of his surrounds.

Why include Butler in that list? He's been great all year.

He's been fine defensively but he works far too slowly with ball in hand. Kills any quick ball movement we may have. Yeo back to the HBF may be an idea.

+
Karpany better than expected
Top of my office tipping comp this week
Moore's injury saved us from a hiding (not sure if pos or neg)

-
Tunbridge as bad as expected
We have the dumbest players going around - how many times do we want to handball to a stationary teammate with an opponent already tackling him?!?
We're also the worst tackling team going around
Also have a plethora of players that fumble under the slightest pressure or drop uncontested marks (god, how many of those today!)
Giving Collingwood players free run to fly for marks all ****ing day
How ****ing predictable it all was

The only positive is that it makes it glaringly obvious what we need to fix. Everything about our side this week was an absolute mess. We have the structural integrity of a jellyfish, we keep making poor decisions such as constantly delivery to players who are about to get caught, and our poor midfield is exposing us at both ends. We Nic fit and firing to trouble any decent side.
What pisses me off the most is the amount of times Gaff and Priddis receive the ball running on their wrong side. Like, do they not realise they don't have a right boot? Do the guys passing off not know that either? Why the **** do they keep doing it?

With due respect to Butler and yourself, Butler has not achieved greatness at anytime this year.

He has bounced around the level of adequate to solid. But at times his decision making and failure to move the ball quickly has not been to a standard you would expect from a seasoned 11 year premiership veteran.

Wouldn't be getting a game at Geelong, Sydney, Hawks, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs etc.

He gets a game with us because we have to keep pushing players like Yeo who should be playing half back into our bog average midfield.

With due respect to Butler and yourself, Butler has not achieved greatness at anytime this year.

He has bounced around the level of adequate to solid. But at times his decision making and failure to move the ball quickly has not been to a standard you would expect from a seasoned 11 year premiership veteran.

Wouldn't be getting a game at Geelong, Sydney, Hawks, Adelaide, Western Bulldogs etc.

He gets a game with us because we have to keep pushing players like Yeo who should be playing half back into our bog average midfield.

His leadership skills and cool head are very underrated and underappreciated. Great probably wasn't the best word to use but he's been a rock back there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Team dish up same shit.
MC deliver same shit decisions.
Same game plan seems to be shit too.

What did you expect?
Was more aimed at the fact we are forced to post the same shit, not that we do

I feel it is a bit of a catch all cop out to say that it is the state exclusively that turns WA born players to not return (not that you are). As a club we need to entice these players with a dynamic package, creatively compiling our offer to these players.

Money talks and the lure of home especially when discussions around starting a family and the support network of extended family is assessed, it is clearly invaluable.

We can surely come up with something to get these mids home.
Hows about a guarantee that they will actually play in the midfield?

I mean i know its a radical thought but what if we got an up and coming mid and you know... Didnt forward flank them to death?

If i was a young up and coming mid at another team who followed west coast - i wouldnt be inspired to come home - would you?

Positives - $50 on pies at $2.70 eases the pain.

Negatives - Masten, Lecras, MacKenzie.
Leaving Barrass out
Having alot of Collingwood mates

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Priddis at times just didn't look like he was making much of an effort. What's happened to his run and awareness? Why were we allowing the Magpies to find so many space, so many marks, get so many leads inside 50? Eric MacKenzie was frankly disgraceful, and Hurn was ordinary. Mids were generally ineffectual, no structure.

Only positive was we were relatively accurate, Darling kinda redeemed himself, and Collingwood were not. Honestly we should've lost by more like 7-8 goals rather than 3.

The game played exactly as I feared it would be. Collingwood looked hungrier, we just didn't put pressure on. There were point where we looked like we could overrun, like just after half time, but they were so fleeting. For his possessions Gaff didn't FA. Priddis and MacKenzie were really costing us a lot, so much fumbling, hand-passing to players being marked and tagged, interceptions...how did Darcy Moore manage to get so many uncontested marks on the lead? LeCras and Shuey just very ineffectual. Credit to the Pies where credit is due, they were more alert, they created space, they led, and our defenders just looked like they were lacking effort or energy. The general lack of effort was quite apparent, especially Priddis, McKenzie, Wellingham...What happened to Priddis? He was better a few years ago. No excuses at all. Nic Nat isn't going to help us win finals. I was at the game, it seemed to me at least a third Eagles supporters, the support for the Eags was there, and I don't think you can blame the ground either, we butchered it. It's not like we were being caned in the clearances either. Pies weren't even playing that fantastic, but they at least turned to play up. To me it's season over for us, forget top 4 and forget any hope of challenging

+ we can stop bullsh*tting ourselves that we are anywhere this year, and start looking to the future

- that was f***ing painful on the eyes... Le Cras, EMac and Masten have caused permanent damage to my retinas

+ had $$$ on the pies
+ pies supporters around me didnt make a peep, it was just me yelling and swearing and punching the fence.
+ Darling. Easily our best player, tried to drag us back into the game.

- LeCraps entire god awful game
- gaffs shithouse kicking and weakness. How many times does he get a hanger taken on him? Cos he wont push back and take some body he just flops there and take it like a bitch
- masten. Soft as F. Dropped marks and fumbly trash
- Schofield. Got owned by Moore
He was not in any of the contests, he just let him go up against flankers to take solid marks. And he has been doing this all year. Why he came in for Barras is mind blowing.
- Gov in the ruck. Gave as absolutely SFU around the ground and him not being in defense allowed pies key forwards to take pack marks.

Positive/Negative - I get to see the boys play in final(s) in Melbourne.

Unless...

Port are 3 games back from us and kicked 25 goals 23 against Brisbane at the Gabba, we travelled and lost to Collingwood in what had to be the worst performance of the season. We have a derby next week against Freo who aren't in terrible form, then play 1,2,3 on the ladder. Port's remaining games aren't all easy but are considerably easier than ours. If they go on a streak and win 3 or 4 and we lose all 3 or 4 they could steal 8th from us. I wouldn't want to bet against it happening to be honest.

Saints could do the same thing but would be longer odds. Technically Collingwood *may be able to do it if they win 4 and we lose 4 and percentages change a heap.

What pisses me off the most is the amount of times Gaff and Priddis receive the ball running on their wrong side. Like, do they not realise they don't have a right boot? Do the guys passing off not know that either? Why the **** do they keep doing it?
What REALLY pisses me off is as good as Gaff is why the fck in the off season learn to kick with his right foot? How many elite footballers only kick with one foot these days. Gaffy spend an extra 10 mins after training kicking with your right boot and do the team a favour.

Not sure about his offensive game but Duggan was tackling like a machine. 9 tackles today.

+ if match committee has any sense it was Le Cras last game. Reality is top 4 isn't happening and 5th/6th unlikely so no home final. Therefore no point in him being in the team if the flat track is out of bounds in September.

+ should be the last we see of Emac for 2016. I feel sorry for the bloke and hope he comes good after spending the rest of the year at East Perth and getting another pre-season behind him.

- 4 games left, time is almost run out to find a winning formula or turn this crap around.

- Don't really think Simpson knows where to start to turn it around. Just have to hope we get Lucky and Nic Nat hits form at the right time and wins games for us off his own boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Positives & Negatives v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back