AFL Autopsy Praccy: Geelong win by a couple and Ridley cops a quad - 01/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh ok so they weren't actually having 'a real crack' against St Kilda. Thank goodness for that. Must be sweet just to be able to turn it off and on. Can't wait to see how they go this week.
Watching some Bomber chat on youtube they brought up how the players were devastated the way we ended the year and vowed they would be better, just like 1999. In 2000 we came out angry af even in the practice games.

Need to show some toughness against Cats IMO. Talk is cheap.

Reports are Laverde playing forward at training - wouldn't mind seeing it here - at the least he'll give more of a contest than Jones or Weid... hopefully side is something like;-

Ridley McKay McGrath
Redman Reid Martin
Durham Parish Duursma
Perkins Laverde Shiel
Langford 2MP Gresham

Draper Setterfield Merrett

Caldwell Hobbs Hind Goldy
Stringer Tsatas Menzie Heppell

Reports are Laverde playing forward at training - wouldn't mind seeing it here - at the least he'll give more of a contest than Jones or Weid... hopefully side is something like;-

Ridley McKay McGrath
Redman Reid Martin
Durham Parish Duursma
Perkins Laverde Shiel
Langford 2MP Gresham

Draper Setterfield Merrett

Caldwell Hobbs Hind Goldy
Stringer Tsatas Menzie Heppell
Laverde forward should at least add defensive pressure to help keep the ball forward. We must be banking on the wings to really get some kilometres in because I can't see Laverde leading up and back all day. I'd say Gresh will have his turns getting up the ground, and Perkins obviously.

He already looks silly for saying something that has no upside.

Yeah he’s ****ed that one up. Shoulda been a straight bat “we tried a few new things, but it was a disappointing result and we clearly have to tweak some stuff this week”

I get he’s frustrated about being criticised for a practice match performance, but that’s what happens when you get smashed. A narrow loss wouldn’t have bothered anybody.

Yeah he’s ****ed that one up. Shoulda been a straight bat “we tried a few new things, but it was a disappointing result and we clearly have to tweak some stuff this week”

I get he’s frustrated about being criticised for a practice match performance, but that’s what happens when you get smashed. A narrow loss wouldn’t have bothered anybody.
I don't mind it. It puts the pressure to perform out there publicly, like saying "**** you. Don't embarrass me."
He would know very well that passengers probably get cut at season's end now.

I don't mind it. It puts the pressure to perform out there publicly, like saying "* you. Don't embarrass me."
He would know very well that passengers probably get cut at season's end now.
So does he want the passengers to lift so that they don't get cut, or does he want them to get cut?

Laverde forward... I don't really care either way, but are we any chance to not have the slowest forward line in the comp for the eleventy-ith year running?

God damn, the game has been about being able to put pressure on (amongst other things) for a long time now. And we continue to roll out Guelfi + a big old combination of Wright, Stringer, Langford, maybe a resting ruck, and wonder why teams transition the ball so easily on us.

You can't just play 1, maybe 2 allocated 'pressure' guys and think that's enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverde forward... I don't really care either way, but are we any chance to not have the slowest forward line in the comp for the eleventy-ith year running?

God damn, the game has been about being able to put pressure on (amongst other things) for a long time now. And we continue to roll out Guelfi + a big old combination of Wright, Stringer, Langford, maybe a resting ruck, and wonder why teams transition the ball so easily on us.

You can't just play 1, maybe 2 allocated 'pressure' guys and think that's enough.
Patience. Alwyn will be there sooner or later.

Patience. Alwyn will be there sooner or later.

Nah. Then it'll be as simple as Alwyn replacing someone like Menzie, and the it'll be he and Guelfi and still a bunch of slow guys. Still the same problem.

Besides, Alwyn for his strengths (and I quite like Alwyn) at this point in time is quite weak. It'd be generous to say tackling is not his strength.

Yep the premiers a running with a forward line of 4 smalls Elliot, hill, schultz and mcreerey just shows how far our structure is away from what is successful a wins you games in modern afl.
Lions run with Cameron Bailey and McCarthy
Giants - greene, daniels, bedford
Carlton - motlop, contrell, durdin/fogarty etc
Adelaide - Rankine, Rachele , murphy
Melbourne - Pickett, anb, chandler

And we wants to run out there with 1 small half the time and 4-5 guys who add no forward pressure.

Yep the premiers a running with a forward line of 4 smalls Elliot, hill, schultz and mcreerey just shows how far our structure is away from what is successful a wins you games in modern afl.

And we wants to run out there with 1 small half the time and 4-5 guys who add no forward pressure.
Mmmm... this is true 🙄

We will run two small forwards this year but they may not be the fast ones early.

Caldwell Menzie Gresham don’t count?

Still think we should be rolling with one ruck+Wright.

Then we can run

Wright/resting ruck
Jones/Caddy
Langford
Gresham
Menzie
Guelfi/Davey

Perkins/Stringer off the bench as mid/forward rotations.

Caldwell isn’t a small forward
Yeh Gresham and Menzie, but a lot of the time last week, we were running with only 1 on the ground at a time. The other issue is both don’t have that leg speed to push up high and get back to goal.

He’s not being picked as a midfielder. Merrett Parish Hobbs and the taller mids are in front of him…

Therefore he’s being picked as a SF

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Praccy: Geelong win by a couple and Ridley cops a quad - 01/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Back