Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

How will this board respond when Walters is dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll immediately start complaining that he's not immediately recalled immediately after he delivers an acceptable performance for Peel (see case of Brodie, W. for supporting evidence.)

Well given Freddy is pretty much a lock - you'd have to think at least one of Walters or Emmett is a certainty to miss. You'd also hope Wagner is a starter after what he showed when he came on last week.

From that extended bench I think Walker plays over Wagner given he probably had his best games for the year in the last 2. Although I know Wagner did well when he came on, they won’t play both on the bench. We can’t drop Banners after last week and I think Jonhson has been better in the last couple of weeks (despite his brain fades). So that leaves one more and a sub. I think Sonny and Emmett out and Ras and Sturt for the last bench spot and sub (not sure which one sub).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JL will be stewing on what to do about Sonny. He was clearly pretty uncomfortable when the question came. If nothing else, JL clearly cares very deeply about his players.

I wasn’t sure if JL was seeing what he wanted to see, but he is clearly a man who knows he needs to make a tough decision soon.

I think he will play Sonny this week, and is praying Sonny returns to form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a scrawny 10 year old at that game, I'll never forget the noise after that goal - it really exploded x10 at that smaller venue. It's why the Scorchers were far more entertaining at the 'furnace' as opposed to Optus.

It's funny a few fans said to me after the Collingwood game that the crowd felt as loud as the early days at the WACA/Subiaco.

Around COVID it was like everyone lost their voice permanently, good to see some liveliness again in the crowd.
Crowd 26,300 according to afltables.com which was fair bit short of a sellout (I think the capacity for footy in those days was about 31000 without putting up any temporary seating?). In fairness it was actually the biggest crowd we ever had at the WACA on closer afltables inspection.

Freo crowd always pulled above its weight back in the day, but the WACA always was a weirdly loud venue for any sport despite being so open. Maybe being so close to Claisebrook Hill helps contain the sound or something (Offhand I can't think of any other major sporting venue in Australia that is so close to such a steep hill wide hill.)

Looking at the training photos from today few things I noticed

1. Sandilands helping out. Is he a part time ruck coach?

2. Banners training with midfield group. Hopefully means more wing time
Sandilands comes down to train as a ruck coach sometimes, don't know how often though. At least a few times a year.

Emotion is not going to get the job done alone. Nay! Emotion alone can be dangerous. Anyways we've got mind and heart and gut etc to play around with.

Why didn't Voss get the nod after 5 goals at Peel?
Drop Treacy, Jackson or Amiss?

You don't drop any of em

Other clubs have players kick bags at lower levels all the time, its what good teams should have

Lobb went on a tear at VFL level for a bit but he isn't getting a game when Naughton, Darcy and JUH are in

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction R12 Changes vs Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back