Preview R16: Changes vs. GWS Giants

This week Riley Thilthorpe should be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I like that we're continuing to play Himmelberg whenever available despite the fact that he is leaving end of season, and we tried to get rid of him as not good enough for us last season
6 guys in our 23 who aren't signed for next year + Keane who is rumoured to want out.

That's not even including guys like Smith, Burgess, Borlase, Gollant and McHenry who we've all used this year too.

But it is very much in the short term interests of those in charge.

I mean, it's ****ing not even.

These clowns are so bad that they don't realise that no amount of dead cat bounce wins now will stop fans being furious at this season. The only legitimate mood lightener they could offer is reason to believe the future could be better. I.e. playing the likes of Curtin and them showing something.

And they're too ****ing pig stubborn to even give us that.

We still ain’t sure.

I’d suggest the papers for Gollant and McHenry are stamped.
I think McHenry will get another year. They'll be reluctant to bring in too many picks this off-season and just with the sheer number of guys out of contract, Sloane retiring and guys like Berry looking elsewhere they'll keep a few they don't particularly rate highly.

Nicks would probably be pushing to keep him behind the scenes too.

The way I saw Dawson's interview was that he was backing the non-elevation of SANFL guys. The bit about 'everyone' performing allows the excuses ie 'non-statistical', 'experience', 'leadership', 'shape keeping' etc etc.

There would have been a crisis meeting with Shuttleworth and the narrative outlined. Everyone has now fallen in line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make no mistake - the rest of this season is firmly about face saving for the like of Nicks, Kelly, Silvers etc....

Narratives will be carefully crafted interlaced with lots of veiled excuses, caveats and blame shifting.

Even losses will be viewed as 'learnings' and spun to be that we are 'not far away'.

I heard Blighty say on Sportsday during the week that we have been missing 6 to 7 of our best 22 from the team each week.

I heard Blighty say on Sportsday during the week that we have been missing 6 to 7 of our best 22 from the team each week.
Each week?

Currently 4 imo.
Worrell
Thilthorpe
Crouch
Milera

Back