Review R17: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane is Russian roulette, always runs off his man to intercept and if he doesn’t, his man has a free hit. He’s frustrating and hard to watch. I’d trade him for a second rounder because once Worrell comes back, there won’t be room for him. Smart clubs trade players like this and improve their list.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kane is Russian roulette, always runs off his man to intercept and if he doesn’t, his man has a free hit. He’s frustrating and hard to watch. I’d trade him for a second rounder because once Worrell comes back, there won’t be room for him. Smart clubs trade players like this and improve their list.

So what are you expecting from us?

Good:
Tex looked pretty dangerous

Himmelberg did some nice things

Keays kicked 4 somehow

I despise the selection of Smith, but he was in our best half dozen today so yay team

Dowling tried harder than most despite being played in 6 different roles in the same game by a coach looking for an excuse to drop him

Bad:
Most other players, but most notably….

Murphy was absolutely putrid. You can talk about his 2nd half job on Neale all you like, the fact is he didn’t actually tag Neale at centre bounces at all, and the other fact is that Murphy had 7 touches for the entire game. He’s terrible and has no business being out there.

Fogarty was shizen until the last 10 mins. Barely raised a gallop.

Laird with another sea of pointless garbage. Yeah scream for the ball and then do nothing with it again you selfish hack. Look at the statty watties, I’m Rory!

Michalanney’s disposal - he misses virtually every target every week and nobody talks about it because he’s shiny

Dawson was absolutely horrendous from start to finish. Has he played a worse game in his entire career? Yeah after you miss a target 20m away, go and grab the guy by the leg, that’ll fix it. Not good enough.

Hinge was completely ineffective and may have copped an injury because that’s a strange performance and strange sub.

O’Brien was terrible at stoppages. Terrible. There is absolutely no connection between him and our AFL-worst midfield brigade.

Berry had virtually no effective disposals. Selecting him and Laird in the same side continues to be mind-numbingly stupid.

Another dazzling use of Josh Rachele’s talent. Really going from strength to strength in this elite environment.

Ugly:
Rankine’s upcoming 3-4 week suspension. A stupid, selfish act by a player who was getting taken to the cleaners.

Selecting Taylor as sub instead of Murphy.

Never selecting Ryan to play AFL football despite him performing consistently better than anyone else we ever bring in from SANFL level

EMPLOYING A HEAD COACH WHO COMPLETELY IGNORES A DUAL BROWNLOW MEDALLIST FOR AN ENTIRE HALF AND WATCHES HIM RACK UP 23 and 3 BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THAT WAS “PLAN A” YOU SEE.

Realising that Neddy is the most likely replacement for Rankine. Can’t wait to watch his AFL traits in action.

Being an irrelevant club over the past 7 years, and right now, and for many, many years to come

Accepting that nobody in their right mind who is any good at all would want to request a trade to us, or play their entire career with us

Neale has averaged 29.6 disposals this year, so Murphy basically kept him to his average, his first half was at world record pace
That's 12% below average! Better than I thought.

Still not good enough.

Good- Rankine doing what the deadshit coaches and selectors wouldn't by getting suspended and guaranteeing we lose the remainder.
If we lose to St Kilda next week, anything could happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh, Keane?

Yes, and it's not looking good. Intentional, high contact, high impact (opponent was subbed off with concussion, I think).
FL: We have to penalise Crows ... but that helps them secure pick 4

tenor-com-confused-so-obama-gif-13697285-gif.2041869

Unpopular opinion, but Murphy had a good game.

Shut down Neale and had a few decent posessions.

Cook needs to stay on the wing.

Not sure why Rankine not used in the middle today.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agreed.

So many people on this board are so blinded by hatred, Darth Vader looked like a user of the light side of the force.

Keays was genuinely good up forward today. That wasn't him just taking goals off other players, he earned all four of them.

Would love to see what Taylor could do with a full game.
You will probably need to wait until he's had four games as the last-quarter sub and just string the footage together.

Unpopular opinion, but Murphy had a good game.

Shut down Neale and had a few decent posessions.
I can remember exactly one good Murphy possession. Offensively he was awful today. He did a decent job on Neale though. That should be his role if he's going to stay in the side.

Regarding the Rankine incident, right before that his opponent had his jumper by the neck directly in front of the umpire. The umpires will pay a free if there is the slightest jumper tug in a marking contest, why don't they pay them when people just get straight-up scragged prior to a stoppage?

Ugly: the crappy slappers being happy being ...the crappy slappers.

Second least experienced team this round, away from home, against a form team, against a massive umpire ride and we finish less than 3 goals down, so you gotta reach for some negative to have a go about. Get a life.

I agree with that call but it’s time for the AFC to stop all these excuses. We need to start winning and stop whinging. If we are to become a good club, we need to stop with excuses and man up.

Stats don't really tell this story but gut feel was Brisbane had a heap of chances. The amount of times they made bad decisions going forward was comical at times. They have done it all year.

I thought we played well but didn't think Brisbane were at their best.

Keays was genuinely good up forward today. That wasn't him just taking goals off other players, he earned all four of them.

You will probably need to wait until he's had four games as the last-quarter sub and just string the footage together.
Now that Keays doesn't have to play midfield he is turning into a genuine borderline elite small forward.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R17: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back