Preview R18: Changes vs. St. Kilda

Who do you think will replace Rankine in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly never really expected Bond to ever play until Nicks started talking him up a few weeks ago. He has done a few very good lockdown jobs in the SANFL. Put him on Higgins and see how he goes.

Wow. Unexpected. The kid has improved over this season particularly. Nice that he gets a go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Unexpected yes!

The last two games 16 and 8 possessions, he shot the lights out. Ah no.

WTF is going on?

Selection integrity is in the toilet.

Not surprised at all.

Nicks will claim he blooded 4 youngsters this year and got hit with injuries (like every other side by the way).

Great for Bond to get an opportunity at AFL level

Ryan must have shit in the coaches breakfast though

It's purely a match up selection.

Will go to Higgins or Butler who both play close to goal.

Would not surprise me if one of Butts, Keane, Murray come out.

Ryan is more of a rebounder and I guess they prefer Smith etc. at this stage.

Unexpected yes!

WTF is going on?

Not surprised at all.

Nicks will claim he blooded 4 youngsters this year and got hit with injuries (like every other side by the way).

Maybe look beyond disposal counts and you'll get your answer as to why he's getting a game.

It's purely a match up selection.

Will go to Higgins or Butler who both play close to goal.

Would not surprise me if one of Butts, Keane, Murray come out.

Ryan is more of a rebounder and I guess they prefer Smith etc. at this stage.

So he finally decides to do match up selections. Where has this been in his coaching repertoire?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, he looks a bit limited but he's been doing a great lockdown job at SANFL level. If he helps release the better backline ball users, it'll improve the team.

Happy to be proven wrong here, honestly if he's been playing a lockdown role at SANFL level then not surprised he hasn't gone unnoticed.

Future tagger?

Happy to be proven wrong here, honestly if he's been playing a lockdown role at SANFL level then not surprised he hasn't gone unnoticed.

Future tagger?

I've wondered this myself. He's always had good strength and elite endurance (from the rowing), the knock has been on his skills and accumulation. If he's got the physical traits and, as seems to be case, tagging is coming back into vogue, it could be worth a look.

Unexpected yes!

WTF is going on?

Not surprised at all.

1000011043.jpg
Wow almost as if you can't just evaluate players based on their stats. This was his opponent, he's a good lockdown who also has a habit of taking a clutch intercept mark when required.

Reckon I may do a marinated roast chicken on the weber this weekend. Got plenty of home grown lemons, limes, chillis & Thai basil that need using... along with some white wine & ginger I reckon.
On Sunday night I did two briskets on the WSM and a pulled pork with the new hack [a can of coke] hot chicken drumsticks and a large chook on the Weber along with Mac and cheese and bacon baked beans the game made checking progress difficult. Came up a treat with a Rib Tickler 2021 Shiraz.

Unexpected yes!

WTF is going on?

Not surprised at all.

Number of possessions is not the most important stat for every defender.

Updated with Bond News

Sanfl v Norwood
F. Strachan Burgess T Murray
Hf McHenry. Gollant Welsh
C. Haysman Murphy. J Boyle
Hb. Ryan Borlase. Jones
B. Madgen. Tahana O’Leary
R. O’Brien Edwards Schoenberg
I. Clifford H Boyle Daniele

Afl v St Kilda
F. Dawson Thilthorpe Walker
Hf Keays. Fogarty Rachele