Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

If we played like this all year, we would be playing finals...so this is just a reminder that Nix has wasted another season.
Has ANY club played like this all season?

How was Hawthorn's start to the year? Was that their coach's fault?

How about Carlton or Sydney now? Sack their coaches?

We started off the pace, with essential players not at 100%. Today's win shows there's some real promise there.

If it’s always Nick’s fault when we lose then it has to be down to Nicks when we win.
You can’t say it’s the players when we win and Nicks when we lose. You just look like an illogical idiot. I’m sure you’re not. But your position makes no sense at all.

That only works if youre assuming players cant collectively switch off from a Coach.

If this was an on again/off again relationship as seen with a lot of the top 10 teams I'd be inclined to agree.

Illogical is viewing out performances over the past 5 years, then believing Nicks has these random moments of clarity where he becomes a limited-time-only gun Coach 3-4 times per season.

Me; Im more inclined to credit the players for wins like this.

We continue to occupy that sweet spot:

Not winning enough to achieve anything
Not losing enough to change anything
The big negative to today is that it was our best 22 today. The best team we have fielded all year.

Last week was our secind best 22 all year.

This year's drop will be dismissed by the club because we missed Rankine/Worrell/Murray/Thilthorpe for much of the year.

First game with all four on the park today.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has ANY club played like this all season?

How was Hawthorn's start to the year? Was that their coach's fault?

How about Carlton or Sydney now? Sack their coaches?

We started off the pace, with essential players not at 100%. Today's win shows there's some real promise there.
So you are happy with our season then...

I'm not as we should have been playing like today in most of our games.

Nice win, good to see Fog have big game in his 100th.

Was good to see some snippets of what Curtin is capable of. I think we are trying to rush him into the midfielder too early in the AFL side. Massive ask to expect a first year player to have an impact straight away in an AFL midfield. I'd rather he plays as that 3rd tall up forward next year with Fog and TT as the main guys. Then let Curtin have a couple of centre bounces each quarter. Let him get used to the speed of the game and build his confidence up before we make him full time mid.

Only going to work though if Tex is not there.

So i'll say it now Port don't win next week, Marshall Out, Georgiadies not back in. Our 3 forwards against Alir and Thatcher i can't see Port winning can't seem them kicking a big enough score.
Port may have won their final game for 2024 last night.....

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The kids confidence would be at an all time low due to the appalling way in how Nicks has handled him.

Who’s to say how much further along he would be if we had handled it better and recognised him as a mid/forward from day one and not a KPD. Confidence in first year players can be everything.
You have no way of knowing where his confidence is at.

It's been clear to him all year what he had to work on, and he's been given bigger roles and more time around the ball as he's developed.

It's a ridiculous impatience to think he should have been further along, and it is unrealistic to think that he's upset.

This was always a development year for a teenage kid who was coming back from injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That only works if youre assuming players cant collectively switch off from a Coach.

If this was an on again/off again relationship as seen with a lot of the top 10 teams I'd be inclined to agree.

Illogical is viewing out performances over the past 5 years, then believing Nicks has these random moments of clarity where he becomes a limited-time-only gun Coach 3-4 times per season.

That's clearly confirmation bias.

You have no way of knowing where his confidence is at.

It's been clear to him all year what he had to work on, and he's been given bigger roles and more time around the ball as he's developed.

It's a ridiculous impatience to think he should have been further along, and it is unrealistic to think that he's upset.

This was always a development year for a teenage kid who was coming back from injury.
I reckon he actually asked to only play six minutes last week, that's how aware that this is all his fault he is

Curtin getting two goals and getting a full game is a major highlight
Potentially Good:

Hopefully this puts to bed the ridiculous notion that Curtin is a KPD

The most likely explanation is that wins and losses are due to both players and coaches. Things are very rarely as black and white as many posters would like to believe.

Come onnnnn, where are the whingers? I know at least 80% of you deplorables hated that win because it reduced the chances of a top 5 Pick…

Come on lads, out of the woodwork! Tell us all the negative stuff you’re feeling

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R22: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Back