Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Who played well for the Blues against the Hawks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, what’s the deal on Stocker? Is it an accepted fact that he is full of himself? Was there an incident, is it related to his early departure from the Gold Coast last year. Happy to hear all about it. I thought he looked reasonably composed today. Just saying...

He is one of unique players who arguably underperformed in the VFL but thrives on the Elite/AFL Level.

I mentioned this almost 2 months ago (about Owies deserving of a seniors call up) and alas, no one paid heed to poor Elmer)

Sometimes matute age players like Owies who thought tooth and nail to get a spot on an AFL list, his work ethic he just an intangible Footy IQ and finds his way into the right spot at the right time.

Pretty sure everyone was talking about Owies - last year as well.

Our delivery into the forward 50 was beyond insanely bad. People are highlighting the positives which I get after weeks of misery - but some of those being highlighted today were the absolute worst offenders - Williams is front and center.

He had TDK and Gibbons completely on their own and bombed it to Harry - every time he would do this - it was insanely frustrating.

Our forward structure (players running into each other - eg Cripps and Harry in the last), running patterns and absolutely no idea, clear no idea, from the running backs on how to deliver into the forward.

I too am disappointed in Teague over this. WTF wasn't he out there between them with his stop/go sign

Loving Doc on the wing 👍
I really liked the move of putting Williams back onto the Half Back line with Saad and letting Doc roam the centre of the ground linking up with whichever of those two are moving the ball out of defence.

So a 31 year old turnover merchant won the Parko Medal. Who'd a thunk that.

Me, that's who. Love what Ed brings to the team.

This keeps up we might even see some respect for those senior players that Teague loves and favours.

Let me get this right? He was better then Walsh, Weitering, Doc and amongst some others Cripps?
Well i have nothing else to add.

Pretty sure everyone was talking about Owies - last year as well.
Pretty sure that we were all happy with the few games that Owies played last year because it let us see that he was a raw player with a heap of upside. This year though... it's all come out and boy are we happy with the extra development time he had!

Serious? Have you watched us? Did you watch today?

A whole bunch of honourable losses where we are ran over when it counts amounts to nothing.

Our ball use and defensive schemes are deplorable.

We are so far off being a top 8 team it isn't funny.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the win. We were only slightly less sh*t than the team that just lost to North Melbourne. Let that sink in.

"Things to work on" is like saying the titanic was a mild mishap.
We won though didn't we?

Posted this in 2018 when we got him

Covid delayed it a little bit but this is exactly what I was hoping for but is exactly the type of footballer that I thought he'd become.

Hard at the contest, solid skills, can win his own ball, hits the scoreboard.

Brilliant lad.

Wowee. Hit the nail on the head! Great prediction.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just re-watched most of the game after returning from the G. It looked much better on TV compared to live. Reason is that on TV you are mostly zoomed in close to the area where the ball. On TV it looks better then live when you can see the whole field. I thought the work without the ball, positioning, use of the the best options when kicking etc etc was not very good and that you don't see on TV. I maintain that our structure/positioning, set ups, choices etc were poor. And to me we look like a team that is not well drilled and often set up poorly and does not use the best option. They work hard but we are not optimizing the clear talent we have.

Put it this way.

If your side had the AA chb, AA ff & the AA mid, and they’re all under 25, you’d have something pretty bloody good to work with....
Also, considering that we have 4 former AA's in the squad to support the new guys, we are building something good :D

Winning must be difficult to embrace, no matter how ugly it was
Just keeping accepting mediocrity.

Bottom 2 team we just stumbled across the line against, in a year the clubs leaders said we are finals bound.

Not good enough.

The club should be filthy with itself. And so should we as supporters. Should be a clear GAP between us and these teams

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Excited to see that trio, Zac Fisher, Matt Owies, and eventually someone who replaces Eddie (Durdin?)
I reckon that Durdin is the one that we will want to replace Eddie. He's a quick instinctive little goal sneak. Can stick a big tackle as well!

Newman, Doc, Saad and Williams are very versatile across half-back and up the ground.

Imagine when we throw a fit Kemp into that mix...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Back