Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Who played well for the Blues against the Hawks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mercury hard cider (wife's choice) :thumbsu:
What's the difference between cider or hard cider... oh that's right... cider is what American's call their apple juice. In the UK it's either cider or scrumpy :D

The ugliest of wins which papers over sooooo many cracks, but I will take it.
it doesn't paper over a single thing - what a ridiculous comment...........

Much better performance today but our main issue is our makeshift forward line. We have some battlers up there but lacking the class of Martin, Fisher and Curnow up there.

Still have concerns about how easy trans score against us, particularly in red time. The end of the 2nd quarter was troublingly.

Really pleased with Stocker's development. Has a genuine crack, just needs to tidy up disposal.

Williams and Saad great off half back and love Docherty on the wing.

Walsh is a star

The Blues stumbled over the line against the carcass of what used to be the Hawthorn football club in probably the worst display of skills and composure in the modern era.
are you saying we won the game?

We desperately needed to come home with the 4 points and got the job done
Will need to go up a notch but take the win and move on
Walsh and Weiters outstanding
Saad and Williams good
Doc looking great on the wing
Really like the look of Stocker - has that mongrel we need
Good to see TDK back too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I'm liking so far this year is the growth in some individual young/new players.

Yes overall our system looks a bit off, but McKay has had a huge year and is leading the coleman, Stocker and Cottrell are growing by the week while we've found one long-term in Parks. Now we're going to get to see TDK.

Now just to get our injury list in order...

Great win by the Bluebaggers, were challenged and were able to hold on, Walshy is a freak, scary how good this kid can be in a couple more years considering his already this good, i really liked Williams game today just shows what he can do playing in his natural position he adds a touch of class to the backline, also liked the move of pushing Docherty up the ground hope we persist with this. Looking forward to going into work Monday got some hawthorn supporters that have given me alot of crap over the years. Great win Blues, hopefully this is just the start and we can string a couple of wins together.
if I was a blues fan and I worked with a bunch of hawks fans, I reckon I might keep my powder dry a little longer after that performance and in the context of our two clubs' histories........

Loving reading the positive feedback on Stocker and Owies, these are 2 of my absolute faves atm. If you can’t see it with Stocker, you’re not trying to, and the other bloke just gets to the right spots time and time again...

Wasn’t happy with Murph in the first half but he was sensational in the second. Ed Curnow had a really good game as well

Crippa did what he needs to do and that’s not trying to do too much. Stuck to the in an under stuff and tackled his backside off (had 10 of them)... that’s what we need from the skip

Play Williams in his rightful position and look what he does, that was a cracking second half from him (imagine what he could do if fit)

I was one who thought Eddie was gone, didn’t want it to be so but thought it was. I was wrong!!

The King did some good things, Gibbo had a good second half and Jack’s hands are starting to look better above his head

Now I think the final result papers over the cracks of this game plan of ours a fair bit, the incessant need to bomb it long is frustrating the hell out of me, but I suppose we take it and move on

Enjoy your Saturday night, Blue baggers

* Walsh did Walsh things, forgot the young champion. That first Q was footy pr0n...
he had 9 possessions 7 minutes into the game.........

Setters best game for awhile.
TDK will only get better gives us a different look.
Docs found his position.
Leave Saad/Zac across half back.
Our barometer again is Jsos.
Short break showed in the second half.

Final observation Walsh is so far better than the other 5/6 players taken in that super draft it’s not funny.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
can the saddler please show me at least a touch of urgency? he doesn't have the laconic thing going on like pendles, gibbs or the hyphen - get exhausted ffs!!!

Has anyone measured H’s bomb yet?

On the telly it went 118 metres.

Yep.
a touch less than dougie's straight drive six at the adelaide oval.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 10 Blues rally late to hold out the Hawks

Back