Autopsy Rd 4 - Massive choke - Bottomed out again.

Whose game did you like in Round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a pretty remarkable stat. Having said that, just thinking off the top of my head most of McKays contested marks have been on the wing.
That stat about McKay being 2nd to Lloyd in contested marks after 3 rounds is a joke. Lloyd, without leaving the F50, would have 3 times as many uncontested marks on the lead compared to McKay. Out fwd line set-up is a disgrace.

I won’t argue with you on more lively than Harry.. End of the day he’s a remnance of the bad times in this clubs history. It’s not just about yesterday...that needs to be erased from the history books..along with Levi..it’s mediocrity that has stained the club. And to advocate he’s selection is an indictment and delusional

See you are still missing the point

In the past, the club has let itself and all players down, including Levi for the poor recruitment, over a long period. Almost all supporters wanted us to embrace a rebuild, so once the 3 years had passed, everyone thought that the next stage was to just win games.

Personally, what the club has undertaken, is the right move, finally, but it will test the resolve of coaches, players and supporters

37403-02_kft_ignite_ml_80ct_ctn_eileen_1.png
Toilet paper prob more appropriate THY

I hate to say this but skill deficiencies usually don't turn around. You can not reteach someone how to kick. I will put it out there but Dow is a likely bust

Nope a mixture of 2nd year Blues and being poorly coached. Today is the first time has been asked to lower his eyes - otherwise he is the type of player that wants to take on the world to score a goal. You harness that - he is only 19 yo with a poor coach - Samo had a fairly quiet 2nd year as well. Fish seems to be going downhill if he doesn't lift in his third year.

Got the ball 14 times, took 9 marks and had a DE of 86%. 210 metres gained, 3 intercepts 2 turnovers - 1 less than Marchy. I mean not an outstanding game but certainly more than serviceable. He did his job. To say otherwise is having our whipping boy blinkers on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’m by no means blaming him for today’s loss, far from it. Going fwd he’s not the type of player I want in that position , he’s too rigid and not creative enough, we need attacking running defenders and we have enough stoppers and interceptors.

Okay now. Blood pressure finally coming back down to normal.

Positives:
1. We played a lot better against GC this year than this time last year
2. We are still a young and unsettled side, we have 4-6 players out from what would be a best 22
3. Murph getting a lot of ball, but needs to impact the game a bit more with it
4. Possibly too tall in the fwd and back. Wouldnt mind seeing marchbank up on a wing and would also like to see levi doung the #1 ruck with HMac FF and 2nd ruck
5. Thought gibbo was a bit unlucky, showing potential just needs to break the duck-and get a goal and he will be away
6. Charlie 9 of the fumbliest marks ever seen today, but showed some form
7. Theres a bit to take out of the game today, although i think GC’s stocks are currently over priced, we did well and truly match them on their own deck
8. Setters played reasonably well, cant wait to see him, kennedy, cripps and walsh lining up together in 2 years time. Always forget that he has only played a handful of games

Cmon blues, lets build from this, dont get caught up in the finger pointing. Thats us 10 years ago!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See you are still missing the point

In the past, the club has let itself and all players down, including Levi for the poor recruitment, over a long period. Almost all supporters wanted us to embrace a rebuild, so once the 3 years had passed, everyone thought that the next stage was to just win games.

Personally, what the club has undertaken, is the right move, finally, but it will test the resolve of coaches, players and supporters
Don’t get your Point im 100% about moving on that why I can’t understand playing him

Got called away for work after the first qtr. ****!!!

Just watched the game.

No doubt there will be more melts than a fist full of frosty fruits on a hot summer's day. As bad as it was, this loss will piss the players off so much that it"ll put fire in their belly for the rest of the season.

Feel this was a "line in the sand" defining game to go forward and next week they'll unleash hell upon the doggies.

Also, Jones on current form would be worth the price of admission alone.

Another line in the sand? Wow we have so many line in the sand moments, just like moral victories, we are the undisputed kings.

So many comments about how it’s not the coaches fault that the players were bombing it long to gibbons lol

Wtf?? Bolton’s defenders are really scraping the bottom of the barrel to find excuses for him.
Let’s get something straight, the club and by extension Bolton has all the players on a full time basis, their job and only job as professional footballers is to spend every day working on and thinking about playing for the club... so if Year’s into their careers they still can’t improve their skill level or their decision making when going into forward 50, the coach takes responsibility, it’s as simple as that!

If there is a big deficiency with regard to skills, decision making and forward structure, then address it adequately by putting more time, effort and resources into the problem so as to fix it.
Why can’t they do this????

you don't need this level of silliness to have an effect tonight, michael.......
Your views are never based on the evidence infront of you Dow is a 2nd year player who under no pressure can not hit a 20m pass. That is very concerning when good disposal is a key attribute of the modern game

Last edited:
Nope a mixture of 2nd year Blues and being poorly coached. Today is the first time has been asked to lower his eyes - otherwise he is the type of player that wants to take on the world to score a goal. You harness that - he is only 19 yo with a poor coach - Samo had a fairly quiet 2nd year as well. Fish seems to be going downhill if he doesn't lift in his third year.

First time he has been told to lower his eyes? Prey tell, how would you know?

I hope you keep your agenda going, it will be so much sweeter

Why would we focus on contested work. We won contested possessions and tackle count. Effort wasn't the problem.

Need to works on executing chains of possessions and not fumbling the ball.

Imaging this board if we were towelled up like the Lions.

Yeah sure.
That's cool

Chains of possessions without fumbling the ball around witches hats. That would look nice.

Nah.

Shirts off, hit em hard, don't let them get a clear possession.

Shirts on, heard they aren't going to go easy out there.

Might want to put your mouth guards in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 - Massive choke - Bottomed out again.

Back