Coach Richmond under Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Given what they had out there I thought they did ok.

How much longer can they get anything out of Grimes, Prestia and Lynch? Should they be counted on at all going forward?
Every Richmond fan said Grimes should have retired last season & were shocked when the club offered another year, now with a season ending injury he is done, I think he will even call it.

We need to be a bit ruthless; Graham will likely leave anyway but I would not be offering him a contract same with Prestia as much as he has done a lot for us, his body is a liability.

I would be delisting Pickett & McIntosh.
We need truly bottom out and go with all younger kids because the older senior players aren't helping us we are the worst team in the AFL with these guys currently on the list so why should they go on?

Every Richmond fan said Grimes should have retired last season & were shocked when the club offered another year, now with a season ending injury he is done, I think he will even call it.

We need to be a bit ruthless; Graham will likely leave anyway but I would not be offering him a contract same with Prestia as much as he has done a lot for us, his body is a liability.

We need truly bottom out and go with all younger kids because the older senior players aren't helping us we are the worst team in the AFL with these guys currently on the list so why should they go on?
Graham will leave?
To where?

There's no team lining up for Jack Graham

Graham will leave?
To where?

If we go with Richmond fans ratings of their players you get shai bolten worth pick 1, Liam baker a top 10 and Dan Rioli 2 first rounders … so using those metrics im guessing their fans would think every club in the land?

If we go with Richmond fans ratings of their players you get shai bolten worth pick 1, Liam baker a top 10 and Dan Rioli 2 first rounders … so using those metrics im guessing their fans would think every club in the land?
and some Freo supporters believing they are worth it...

Graham will leave?
To where?

The amount of mediocre players that get offered lifelines by other clubs amazes me every off season.

He'll get picked up somewhere I think, or we may keep him as we'll be losing a few and you really can't just lose every experienced player in one off season. Need to keep a few around even if they might not warrant it.

Graham will leave?
To where?

He needs to have a good finish to the season or clubs will rightly steer clear. But if he finishes decently(like around his best of the last few seasons) he will likely get offers. During 2022-23-24 Richmond's win ratio is roughly twice as high in games Graham has played compared to games he hasn't played.

Could end up like North of the last half decade if you cut too deep.

Could end up like North of the last half decade if you cut too deep.
Where bottom of the ladder anyway, their not helping us and they just taking list spots.
we might be down the bottom for a long time even if we keep those players.

You Win Runner Up GIF

Freo should take whatever bet they can get.
Their current list is obviously not flag worthy.

Hopefully if you get Bell to trade his arse off you’ll see one in your lifetime nerd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks has had five years to get us up to 15th and was handed an additional two years in week one this season

Yze will need the teflon coating of Nicks to survive this Richmond rebuild with the touted list gutting.

Why did Yze pull down the premiership photos at Punt Road?
Great way to lose the playing group.

It reminds me of Adam Cooney trying to tell Jason Akermanis what it takes to win a premiership.

Why did Yze pull down the premiership photos at Punt Road?
Great way to lose the playing group.

It reminds me of Adam Cooney trying to tell Jason Akermanis what it takes to win a premiership.
I don't really have an issue with the idea that it's a new era and that you can't rest on your laurels but its a bit difficult to assess the way that is communicated from the outside. If it was done in concert with the playing group then no issue, but if it's just Adem not wanting to be reminded of previous success by others then that's a bit different.

There's definitely been some turmoil this year given the relationship with Teague clearly broke down and he left mid season (which virtually never happens with assistant coaches) and arguably there's clearly friction with the older players who seemed to want Mini to be the coach.

After a pretty horror year I'm not really sure what to make of it. Injuries derailed any sort of positional continuity which makes it hard for a coach when you're running around figuring out who to play in positions instead of focusing on ball movement, style, setup and tactics.

I'm also a bit concerned by the reporting today that he took a bit of a 'back seat' role in his first year. There's different leadership styles and empowering assistants can certainly yield dividends but that only goes so far. He's the main man, he needs to set out the way the side plays, prepare the team and coaches to execute and create the environment that allows that. It doesn't sound a lot like that's occurring at the moment, but hopefully with more senior assistants around him next year he's afforded more of an opportunity to show why he was so highly rated by the sides he was an assistant with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Richmond under Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Back