AFL Toast RND 10: Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Just managed to peel myself off the ceiling.

Everything mysteriously aligned for us in those last few moments from the moment Merrett ran down Martin. It’s like he lifted every player for that one last inspired effort at the end because, aside from the ball not hitting Tippa on the tit, every moment went our way because each contest was approached with just that little bit more belief.

Merrett is a star. No doubt about it. His game tonight can’t be overstated. He was The Man. We had no other top tier mids playing and we had no big-bodied mid protecting him. He was precise with his disposal and unrelenting in defensive effort. My respect for him has gone up several notches.

We can build on this and we should build on this.

The streak is broken!

video city GIF

Must say Hobbs did not at all look out of place with a big chunk of midfield time
That is his happy place. The kid is good!!

Well done Zerrett! Well deserved.
Caldwell was also very good.
Backs were good too. Riddler is as cool as a cucumber.
if we stop mugging ourselves with bullshit turnovers and skill errors we might be ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I’ve dreaming since I thought we had Joey, Fanta, Tippa and Package in the same forward line. I prefer this next man in approach.
I know I dare to dream but imagine if we could have a full squad to choose from. There is a lot of talent on this list.

Just managed to peel myself off the ceiling.

Everything mysteriously aligned for us in those last few moments from the moment Merrett ran down Martin. It’s like he lifted every player for that one last inspired effort at the end because, aside from the ball not hitting Tippa on the tit, every moment went our way because each contest was approached with just that little bit more belief.

Merrett is a star. No doubt about it. His game tonight can’t be overstated. He was The Man. We had no other top tier mids playing and we had no big-bodied mid protecting him. He was precise with his disposal and unrelenting in defensive effort. My respect for him has gone up several notches.

We can build on this and we should build on this.

I wanna go back a few minutes earlier where there was a contest at CHF for us, Durham absolute bulldozed his way through it and won the ball against I think 3 Richmond players, turned over after a dump kick but that was the real momentum lifter.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Toast RND 10: Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back