Preview RND 15 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 30th June 5.20PM (EST) @ Optus Stadium - Final Team Post #517

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No hogan and stephen hill for next week, possibly no walters if he gets rubbed out for the headbutt and sean darcy looked like he got banged up today.
Should win this if we are on.

Could be a winnable game but here at Carlton.. We don't do that.
Wouldn't be taken them to lightly even if they do lose Hill Hogan and Walters, they're a much better side back on the home deck and will be mighty hard to beat. One thing they have improved this year with their game plan is with quicker ball movement and more attacking style, we do have a decent record over in W.A and with Teaguey having us play a more attacking style ourselves can't wait to see how we go on the MCG size ground.. Go Blues...

IN: JSOS
OUT: Newman

Don't play Jack in the forward line for more than 40% of the game. Thomas to defence with SPS and O'Brien mopping up.

Garlett for Gibbons if we need another option to counter Walters and Matera, or if we want a different look for our attacking setup. The latter role is something Garlett needs more field testing with in the VFL, though last fortnight has been a promising start.

If Jones is fit, he comes in for Levi; if McGovern isn't fit, then Jack plays a different role or one of Garlett, Fisher, Thomas or Murphy spends a bit more time forward.

I think there's a few different things that we can do with our structures to stretch Freo a bit thin, particularly if Stephen Hill and Hogan are missing.

IN: JSOS
OUT: Newman

Don't play Jack in the forward line for more than 40% of the game. Thomas to defence with SPS and O'Brien mopping up.

Garlett for Gibbons if we need another option to counter Walters and Matera, or if we want a different look for our attacking setup. The latter role is something Garlett needs more field testing with in the VFL, though last fortnight has been a promising start.

If Jones is fit, he comes in for Levi; if McGovern isn't fit, then Jack plays a different role or one of Garlett, Fisher, Thomas or Murphy spends a bit more time forward.

I think there's a few different things that we can do with our structures to stretch Freo a bit thin, particularly if Stephen Hill and Hogan are missing.

can't drop Levi with the form he's in.
Jones will have to come back through the 2's.

and don't drop Newman either... he makes some mistakes but he brings a hard edge to our team that we lack.

Only change I'd consider is McGovern out for JSOS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can't drop Levi with the form he's in.
Jones will have to come back through the 2's.

and don't drop Newman either... he makes some mistakes but he brings a hard edge to our team that we lack.

Only change I'd consider is McGovern out for JSOS.
That might be how it pans out, but unless Jones isn't lighting it up in training, you have to back his previous form. Newman is a weak link in defence, and Matera shapes as his only match-up on the weekend. If Matera is in good nick, Newman's lack of agility will be exploited.

I'm pretty confident McGovern was playing through hamstring tightness, so hopefully the week off helps him out, because we'll likely need JSOS to support Cripps and Ed against guys like Fyfe, Conca, Brayshaw and (probably) Banfield.

Walters won't get away with that.
Hogan won't get up either and SHill quite unlikely.

Seems to be a winnable game, but that may depend on our attitude going in.

Changes for the CFC - ??? Who knows, but there won't be many?

I don't think Walters will be suspended for that...but i'm hopeful.
Christian has been pretty inconsistent though so who knows...reckon Freo could argue the Melbourne player walked into him.

No Hogan, Taberner, Lobb, S Hill, Pearce...maybe Walters.
They are a little banged up, and i find teams who play a big portion of a game 2+ men down often seem to lack energy the week after.

We should be freshened up, definitely a big chance IF good Carlton shows up.

That might be how it pans out, but unless Jones isn't lighting it up in training, you have to back his previous form. Newman is a weak link in defence, and Matera shapes as his only match-up on the weekend. If Matera is in good nick, Newman's lack of agility will be exploited.

I'm pretty confident McGovern was playing through hamstring tightness, so hopefully the week off helps him out, because we'll likely need JSOS to support Cripps and Ed against guys like Fyfe, Conca, Brayshaw and (probably) Banfield.

I don't think we'll alter our team based on the opposition...more likely we just do us and try to improve our cohesion under Teague's gameplan.

Dogs had 1 key forward, 2 if you wanna include a newbie in Gardner but we didn't change our backline structure at all. Played Casboult, Weitering, Marchbank and Plowman.

Teague will just back the guys to play to our strengths, and look for 2 of Newman/Simpson/Daisy to look after Matera and Walters when he goes forward.

I don't think we'll alter our team based on the opposition...more likely we just do us and try to improve our cohesion under Teague's gameplan.

Dogs had 1 key forward, 2 if you wanna include a newbie in Gardner but we didn't change our backline structure at all. Played Casboult, Weitering, Marchbank and Plowman.

Teague will just back the guys to play to our strengths, and look for 2 of Newman/Simpson/Daisy to look after Matera and Walters when he goes forward.

The dogs didn't even bother trying to match it with our key forwards, they just killed the ball over the boundary and backed their mids.

Wouldn't be surprised if freo do the same thing.

If Murph and Simmo suit up,
In: Jsos
Out: Thomas

No.... daisy playing inspired footy right now

If Simmo is sore he should not be risked. Optus is harder under foot than Marvel according to the whole of WA

Out: Simmo (sorness)
In: JSOS

Newman - Weitering - Plowman
Marchbank - Levi - Daisy
LOB - Cripps - Walsh
Gibbons - Charlie - Fisher
McGovern - McKay - Cunners
Kruz - Dow - Ed
SPS - Setterfield - Murphy- JSOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Silvagni’s last three games he has combined for 29 touches, 10 tackles and 0 goals. McGovern has combined for 22 touches, 4 tackles and 2 goals. A fit and firing McGovern is a player that opposition teams are wary of as he makes as a much more dangerous team. We need to get more out of McGovern but dropping him to the VFL might not be the answer as he doesn’t strike me as the sort of player that would thrive down there.

Realistically Jack might play and have 10 touches, 3 tackles and kick a goal but no opposition team is going to put work into him. I think we persist with McGovern even if his timing is a touch off because his ceiling is much higher than Jacks.

??? He plays a soft outside floating defensive job and turns it over out of defense more than anyone in the comp. Wheres the hard edge? 4 contested, 2 tackles and 2 one percenters per game is not bringing a hard edge :/

I'd be happy to bring in JSOS for Mgovern. I better like the balance of our forwardline that way. Mgovern doesnt seem to be able to play more than 10 or 15 min of good football per game. Id like Russell to put him through a 3 week block of solid training get some form in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back