Autopsy Roast and toast vs Gold Coast and changes for North Melbourne

Best vs Suns

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%. They need to take the grey out of the rules and replace it with black and white. For example. If you tackle a player and bring them to the ground . . . holding the ball (not this BS where you are still allowed to throw it at your boot after you have been lying on the turf for 3 seconds and some umpires will call play on while others will call holding the ball before you have even hit the turf . .under the current "grey" rules and both are correct calls and both are incorrect calls. So, how about this for a concept . . .MAKE IT CLEAR IN THE RULES . . for example (and this is just an example of clear rules, there would have to be agreement on the actual details) 360 degree spin without disposal = holding the ball; tacked to the ground without disposing = holding the ball; if you have taken two steps and fail to dispose of it properly (regardless of whether it is knocked out in a subsequent tackle = holding the ball.

Years ago in Rugby Union it was against the rules to lift players in a line out . . .but teams just always did it and every now and then the ref would penalise. But they were inconsistent with it (sound familiar). So eventually the governing body went, stuff it and just changed the rules to allow it. That sorted that out. We could consider a similar approach for some of our current grey rules. Landing in the back in a tackle or hands in the back in the marking contesty. Everyone does it . . .if they umps cannot police it consistently and just pull it our of their a*se when they feel like screwing a team over . . . stuff it, be done with it and just allow it in the rules. Forwards would have to learn how to play things differently to combat the push from behind, but at least there would be no more flopping for frees.

Great suggestions and I fully support them.

The only problem is you're using 2 fields of thought the AFL have no concept of and will never have the ability to grasp - common sense and logic.

I can’t see us winning this particularly at shithad and them sacking their coach this game could be the coach killer for us if we lose this surely Hardwick comes under pressure to keep his job I know he has credit in the bank from 3 flags but to me he keeps playing the same s**t players and doesn’t seem to have a plan b or c

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I found these stats on the AFL website interesting. Goals kicked by each club's forward pairing so far this season. Despite our stuff-ups this year we can still score very well. It's a pity Lynchy has now gone down with a hammy for a few weeks. Although we now rely on Bolton for goals and JR8 is the true role player in the twilight of a glorious career looking at this.

YOUR CLUB'S BEST FORWARD PAIR​

89 Jeremy Cameron and Tom Hawkins (Geelong)
86 Charlie Curnow and Harry McKay (Carlton)
70 Tom Lynch and Shai Bolton (Richmond)
68 Isaac Heeney and Lance Franklin (Sydney)
66 Aaron Naughton and Cody Weightman (Western Bulldogs)
65 Max King and Tim Membrey (St Kilda)
64 Charlie Cameron and Zac Bailey (Brisbane)
64 Mitch Lewis and Luke Breust (Hawthorn)
61 Mabior Chol and Levi Casboult (Gold Coast)
58 Brody Mihocek and Jack Ginnivan (Collingwood)
55 Peter Wright and Nic Martin (Essendon)
55 Bayley Fritsch and Ben Brown (Melbourne)
52 Rory Lobb and Lachie Schultz (Fremantle)
50 Toby Greene and Jesse Hogan (Greater Western Sydney)
49 Todd Marshall and Jeremy Finlayson (Port Adelaide)*
48 Taylor Walker and Shane McAdam (Adelaide)*
48 Nick Larkey and Cam Zurhaar (North Melbourne)
44 Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling (West Coast)

Tasmanian government has already told the AFL that. They want their own team not a relocated team.
Can't blame them- I don't know why they haven't already got their own team considering I once had a girlfriend from Tassie and she could kick better than Castagna as a baby.

Had a similar pathetic umpire a few years ago in a local league. One of our opponents only had one arm and had been playing in the league over a decade and it was just a given he could throw it given it was actually impossible for him to handball. Anyway, umpire pings him for incorrect disposal, both teams ask for common sense and the muppet instead of correcting his mistake gives two 50m penalties for abuse, the funniest thing being the second 50m was actually one of our guys calling him an idiot.
incorrect disposal...I shouldn't laugh, but by God that is funny.

Lol the AFL are so obvious. Geesus.

A little bit of negative press and all of a sudden...

Could we please get a bit of negative press about how the game was changed to foil us (tin foil ? See what I did there ?) and wtf with us finishing on the bottom of the free kick ladder EVERY year, that would be appreciated. Cue the response...

Thanks.

Every which way but lose.
BEST LOL...classic film too
Orangutan Lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we please get a bit of negative press about how the game was changed to foil us (tin foil ? See what I did there ?) and wtf with us finishing on the bottom of the free kick ladder EVERY year, that would be appreciated. Cue the response...

Thanks.
Animated Crowd Cheering Gif

Thanks.

Spot on, I’ve noticed over the past 5 years that oppos are so fixated on talking us down they don’t realise the lengths of how ****ing ridiculous it looks in isolation. It’s clear as day that Johnson can’t stand us, so doesn’t like to put any of our youngsters forward for the RS nom. A year or two ago one of our players played a blinder and he openly admitted he didn’t watch the game therefore didn’t get the nom. Wtaf? This article probably made them realise ah shit yeah.

Not as stupid as it sounds about highlighting the umpiring over the past 5 years. Has happened already to some extent with Dimma joking (but not really) and over the past 5 weeks we have only been shafted hard once, against the cats.

Haha lol. Seriously how can an official live with themselves for that.

Thinking laterally the 50 against your team should negate the 50 against theirs. So net 0.

Not unlike the bloke who was born with no body. Just a head. Went out with mates to the pub. They were playing darts. So as not to exclude him they put a dart in his mouth then threw the dartboard at him.
I remember that guy, his name was Head wasn’t it?

Someone gave him a birthday present once and Head says
“it’s not another **** in’ hat is it?”

(drops TV on big toe)
I have a big tv, with my new right eye it looks bigger than it does with a left ey which hasn’t been done yet so I will drop on toe using left eye

I can’t see us winning this particularly at shithad and them sacking their coach this game could be the coach killer for us if we lose this surely Hardwick comes under pressure to keep his job I know he has credit in the bank from 3 flags but to me he keeps playing the same s**t players and doesn’t seem to have a plan b or c
Depends if George and Aarts are still on side and we go as predicted and lose then all bets are off and I’m happy for a thread

Definite ins

Balta, Cotch Vlastuin

Nank is a chance…

out due to injury - Lunch, Soldo
Is Cotch definite? Thought it’s the surgeons call and he can’t play until he ticks it off

Also should be noted that Dan & Jr both related to Willie Rioli Sr who passed away

He’s the father of Willie Rioli west coast and uncle to Maurice Jr so it’s possible they miss the game depending on funeral arrangements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back