Autopsy Roast and toast vs Hawthorn and changes for Essendon

Best vs Hawks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth appealing to get the medium contact down to low. The Hawks player did play on for a bit before going for concussion test, then played out the match. May be able to argue impact on that alone.

They’ve got a special consideration now in deciding ‘force’ of … ‘the potential to cause injury’. So if he got him high we’ve got nothing we can challenge unfortunately. TBH looking at both incidents I’m happy to get a total of 1-week and have Lynch playing. I was fully expecting that Collingwood nuffy Chrisso to find a way to suspend Lynch so was pleasantly surprised when he let him off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Your kids = your future.

You cannot be a better team with your best plays declining in a linear fashion due to age, if so, you are getting worse. The reverse of that is your kids get better and earn a spot over these declining players.

If RCD, Sonsie, Ralph-Smith, Dow, Cumberland, Stack etc cannot play well enough in the reserves to warrant us dropping a pretty old & playing pretty ordinary Shane Edwards then that is not a good outcome to where your future is heading.

If you have a 32 year old playing equal to a 21 year old, you play the 21 year old every time, as there is the added benefit of them getting experience and they will likely grow and improve their performance. 32 year olds are generally, almost always, riding a very linear decline

It seems like simple stuff to me. The teams that always succeed more often are the ones with the majority of their players between the age of 24-28, with an even split of veterans and youth around that. Exactly like us between 2017-21. If anything there are more examples of teams that are YOUNGER than that format winning , than older (which is where we are at currently) Examples of that are us 2017, 93 Bombers, 08 Hawks.

Go do the homework before you keep arguing with me. Look at the last 20 years olf Premiership teams, the ages splits, then get back to me

If you don't think we are making a GF then why the fu** are you arguing with me constantly? I've said i think if we try our absolute best and play all our older guys over youth - we will finish 7th.

Are we just arguing over if that 7th is worth more than halving our odds of getting the elite young mid/fwd we desperately need to rebuild faster? That has always been my argument - i don't think a ceiling of 7th is something worth leveraging our future on. For me "worth it" point of doing what we are doing is if we can make a prelim &, at worst, have a competitive loss of >5goals of less. If we get pumped like Geelong did last year, i think that is totally pointless.

To be honest i think you & a few others are just arguing with literally everything i write . When i check my notifications, its always you Rioli2Rioli etc just arguing with everything i write. I don't really get your point anymore. If i am saying 7th and you are saying "not top 4" then what the fu** are we arguing about.

To be clear - YES i would rather finish 9-12th playing 10+ U22 year olds over finishing 7th with 12+ over 29 year olds, because the U22 year olds develop far far faster. This has literally been "rebuilding" 101 since forever.
True later in the season for 'some', probably even myself by r18 if you are a few games out of the 8.

BUT at this point of the season, poor!!!
Regardless of whether the odds are small, the team mentality and message from the board down to the bootstudder is 'We are playing to win the GF'. Every minute of every game.

Now, this 'tanking' and 'rebuilding by playing the younger players' happens every year, and will again in Aug here dominate discussion (with Tom Green trade scenarios!!). But is disrespectful and sets up poor culture through the team to start dropping senior players as you mentioned if they are still performing at the same level as the younger players. It is wrong on so many levels.

As for you feeling many here seem to be taking the opposite view to you frequently, perhaps you might consider why Trump gets some people also lining up his opposite side. Have you ever lost an argument?

You don't remember the outrage from people accusing Rance, Grimes & Vlastuin of ducking or dropping the knees to receive high free kicks, or flopping?
Double standards across the board, we can't win

Yes, Rance was our last regular flopper and got chastised big time … current players don’t.

And Grimes and Vlastuin got smashed in the media for their ‘staging’ (which they were found not guilty), whilst when Tomhawk does it the media ‘chuckles’ about what sneaky tactics to draw a free and wasn’t it amusing ….

I agree, terrible double standards.

Yes, Rance was our last regular flopper and got chastised big time … current players don’t.

And Grimes and Vlastuin got smashed in the media for their ‘staging’ (which they were found not guilty), whilst when Tomhawk does it the media ‘chuckles’ about what sneaky tactics to draw a free and wasn’t it amusing ….

I agree, terrible double standards.

I reckon a lot of that double standard comes from so many footy comments guys being ex key forwards and they like to look after their own

Who called SEN 1116 derwayne russells show citing afl are racist by letting marlions supension go ahead, ahead of the dreamtime game

I don't know if Race comes into it, but his image 100% does.

If this is a well known midfielder in the league - including a Richmond player, it doesn't get looked at.

Your kids = your future.

You cannot be a better team with your best plays declining in a linear fashion due to age, if so, you are getting worse. The reverse of that is your kids get better and earn a spot over these declining players.

If RCD, Sonsie, Ralph-Smith, Dow, Cumberland, Stack etc cannot play well enough in the reserves to warrant us dropping a pretty old & playing pretty ordinary Shane Edwards then that is not a good outcome to where your future is heading.

If you have a 32 year old playing equal to a 21 year old, you play the 21 year old every time, as there is the added benefit of them getting experience and they will likely grow and improve their performance. 32 year olds are generally, almost always, riding a very linear decline

It seems like simple stuff to me. The teams that always succeed more often are the ones with the majority of their players between the age of 24-28, with an even split of veterans and youth around that. Exactly like us between 2017-21. If anything there are more examples of teams that are YOUNGER than that format winning , than older (which is where we are at currently) Examples of that are us 2017, 93 Bombers, 08 Hawks.

Go do the homework before you keep arguing with me. Look at the last 20 years olf Premiership teams, the ages splits, then get back to me

If you don't think we are making a GF then why the fu** are you arguing with me constantly? I've said i think if we try our absolute best and play all our older guys over youth - we will finish 7th.

Are we just arguing over if that 7th is worth more than halving our odds of getting the elite young mid/fwd we desperately need to rebuild faster? That has always been my argument - i don't think a ceiling of 7th is something worth leveraging our future on. For me "worth it" point of doing what we are doing is if we can make a prelim &, at worst, have a competitive loss of >5goals of less. If we get pumped like Geelong did last year, i think that is totally pointless.

To be honest i think you & a few others are just arguing with literally everything i write . When i check my notifications, its always you Rioli2Rioli etc just arguing with everything i write. I don't really get your point anymore. If i am saying 7th and you are saying "not top 4" then what the fu** are we arguing about.

To be clear - YES i would rather finish 9-12th playing 10+ U22 year olds over finishing 7th with 12+ over 29 year olds, because the U22 year olds develop far far faster. This has literally been "rebuilding" 101 since forever.

Yes, my point is your posts are all about “you’ll see I’m right, we are no better than 7th etc….” but I’m not sure anyone disputes that.

And other than Edwards (who you’ve confirmed in a previous post is a great sub), who would you have had out of the team that played on Saturday, and who would you have had in?

Please don’t write an essay - just 2 x simple columns :

Out =
In =

From Saturday’s team.

Tarrant in for the Wright matchup? Gibcus for Biggie?

I think tarrant is a decent match up for wright, but sounds like biggie will stay in. So would imagine Gibcus comes in for Balta.

Banks/Sonsie would be awesome to see for Pickett if the ban is upheld, but reckon we will go ross/ralphsmith.

We should be too good for them, but stranger things have happened and the absolute pasting they are copping will only fuel them

I don't know if Race comes into it, but his image 100% does.

If this is a well known midfielder in the league - including a Richmond player, it doesn't get looked at.
so we should play the race card to get him off

the afl wont dare not let him off on the eve of their indigenous round cos they are trying to look like woke pc'ists who dont want to be seen that way

they have been manipulating our club for years well maybe its time for our club to start manipulating and blackmailing them and put the shoe on the other foot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hate Essington- I have been listening now for 2 days about how shit they were and are, about their crap efforts, virtually no tackle pressure, no care factor.
Getting roasted from pillar to post - and who do they play next? Tigers of course.

Not even the weak needle jabbers from “the hanger” can NOT respond in some way this week.

I would have felt far more confident this weekend had they beaten the Swans….

God I hate Essington- I have been listening now for 2 days about how shit they were and are, about their crap efforts, virtually no tackle pressure, no care factor.
Getting roasted from pillar to post - and who do they play next? Tigers of course.

Not even the weak needle jabbers from “the hanger” can NOT respond in some way this week.

I would have felt far more confident this weekend had they beaten the Swans….
they'll come out hard in the first absorb it and we'll belt em

or they could grab a 6 goal lead in the first if we arent carefull

Wow, Shai Bolton a bit hard done by. His second quarter was out of this world and I felt he turned the game on its head in the space of 20 minutes. I thought he was BOG and was expecting him to get 10 votes.

I was there on level 2 amazing view of it
Shai 100% turned the game, was beautiful to watch EB29C85E-9759-4FBB-BF47-4B85D0C6E1D8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back