Autopsy Roast and toast vs Hawthorn and changes for Essendon

Best vs Hawks

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to call it now. We will lose to the bomber's after the pasting they have copped in the media. Perfect storm of a big occasion and one team needing something inspirational.

All the media will start creaming their pants about the bombers being back and then we will be hit in the media with how everyone should retire and we should just gift Dusty to Sydney because it is what the media want.
We’re just gonna roll over to the softest team in the league? Ok 🥴

Going to call it now. We will lose to the bomber's after the pasting they have copped in the media. Perfect storm of a big occasion and one team needing something inspirational.

All the media will start creaming their pants about the bombers being back and then we will be hit in the media with how everyone should retire and we should just gift Dusty to Sydney because it is what the media want.
yeah reckon we will loose to the bummers but beat swans at scg the following week

Seen a few of these posts from tigers fans. Richmond came out playing the man. It impacts the free kick count.
Umpires provably missed 3 or 4 to the tigers over the course of the game, but it wasn't this biased level of only paying things one way. After quarter time it was 8 frees to hawks, 10 to Richmond as well

Just before halftime Richmond had received 3 free kicks. This in a game in slippery conditions where we’d laid 40 tackles. Sorry, but that’s not possible.

I don’t believe it’s deliberate cheating, it’s just a case of umpires desperately looking for a reason to pay a free against us, and finding any excuse they can to not pay one our way. I’d say it’s due to previous umpire whingeing from Dimma and a subconscious bias to favour teams who have not just won 3 flags.

Maybe we need to educate our players on ducking (Selwood, Ginnivan, McRae, Weightman, Gray …) and flopping (McKay, Daniher, Danger) and diving onto our stomach (Danger, McRae, Ward) to boost our free kick numbers, as being on the receiving end of massive free kick differentials - even in games where we dominate contested ball - can’t be coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Chicory or Cacao are good options too.

Cacao with half a teaspoon of turmeric, half teaspoon of raw sugar and a teaspoon of raw honey is my go-to hot drink, it's seriously good for you and once you get used to it you really look forward to it.

Cacao's full of protein and lots of vitamins and minerals, turmeric's an awesome anti-inflammatory, good stuff. :thumbsu:
season 1 fred GIF by Portlandia

Big game coming up because of the other matches in the round. Lots of mid table match ups. If we win , we will be right back into the middle of the 8, with a head full of confidence heading into the Sydney game. If we can win the next 2 heading into the bye, we’ll be in great shape to launch our customary post bye run. But first the druggies, who will have the umps on their side and motivation with their bums on the hot seat

I think you are missing the idea of the system. Should win is teams that are heavily invested in kids, or completely low on confidence.

50/50 is teams hunting for the same spots as us

Elite are the teams that clearly will be top 4.

Saying Freo who are 7-1 and looking every bit the young bolter liike Sydney last year & Port who have been a consistent top 4 team for the last 4 years and fighting back up in a similar way to us is a roughly 50/50 prospect is hardly worth arguing about.

I did this with you lot last year and heard the same shit - my estimate of 8th ended up being WAYYY higher than we ended. The argument of "injuries" is mute as we are only getting older. We have one of the oldest list in the league, so the variable of injuries is a higher risk for us than most. Older players are more likely to get injured is not even an argument.

OK so why don't you give me your idea of where we finish My guess is 7th.

Put your knackers on the line & you tell where we end up. If you all want to shoot your wad over 2 wins against teams that are playing 50% kids U23, then go for it. Until we start beating teams that actually a top 4 chance themselves (Carlton, Saints, Swans, Lions, Dee's, Cats, Freo, ), then i think its near impossible to finish above them. We have played 3 of the 7 already and are zero wins. Pretty much losing to 1 or 2 more of these and its over for top 4.
We have the Swans in 2 weeks so we will find out soon enough if its on or not. We lost to them and

The average age is irrelevant mate - Of course we are young as we recrtuited 7 kids last year - lol. The age that matters if that of the team you name each week..

Go work that out and come back to me. Pick out best 25 and work out the average, then do the same for the Dee's, Dockers, Lions, Swans, Saints, Blues & Cats. Only the Cats are gonna be close to us

I will help with giving you the 25 even

1.Dusty
2.Trent Cotchin
3. Dion Prestia
4. Kane Lambert
5. Toby Nankervis
6. Jack Riewoldt
7. Tom Lynch
8. Nick Vlaustin
9.Nathan Broad
10. Liam Baker
11. Shai Bolton
12. Ivan Soldo
13. Jason Castagna
14. Dylan Grimes
15. Marlion Pickett
16. Jayden Short
17. Jason Castagna
18. Noah Balta
19. K-Mac
20. Dan Rioli
21. Jack Graham
22. Shane Edwards
23. Robbie Tarrant
24. MRJ
25. Gibcus

This is the same argument i made last year, for us to truely be a good team we need to get 3 or 4 of the older names on this list OUT and replaced with Stack, Dow, RCD, Mansell in to replace Tarrant, Edwards etc. When i say "replace" i clearly mean playing "worthy enough"

I’m not actually sure what point you are trying to
make or who you are arguing against..??

In 2022, we are not a better team with those ‘kids’ playing over our senior core if their VFL form is not consistent and does not scream ‘pick me’. Yes, we need them to step up if we want to be a decent team when our senior core retire, but selecting those players does not help us win right now.

And of course we are more susceptible to injury, but so what? The only senior player you could possibly mount a case should not be in the team
is Edwards. But whether Edwards is the sub or Stack or Ross makes little difference. I actually think Edwards is the perfect sub and I’d much prefer he’s in that role than anyone else.

I don’t think any Richmond supporter thinks we are playing in a GF this year… we are hoping we can keep the team together and hoping we make finals and cause some damage and you just never know ….. but I don’t think anyone’s overly optimistic, it’s just a fun ride being competitive and hopefully making the finals.

I think every list management decision has been
proven to be spot on the money. Jack R is delivering more than McStay was before injury … and he’s supposedly about to get $600k/season. Cotchin has been very good all season. With Balta injured and Biggy clearly not quite ready and question marks on Miller’s ability the Tarrant acquisition looks pretty smart right now.

Biggy or Miller on Peter Wright then Buddy …. Oh my ….

So as I said , what’s the point you are trying to make? That Richmond likely won’t finish top-4… yep, everyone agrees. That Richmond may just miss finals … yep, everyone agrees. That Richmond is a fair way off Melbourne and Brisbane … yep, no argument from anyone there.

But what would you like to see? RCD, Ross, Ryan, Mansell, Biggy, Miller, Stack, Sonsie in the team week in and week out, and finish 9-13 but perhaps bring the rebuild forward a season? This would involve putting Edwards, Lambert, Jack, Cotch, Tarrant, Pickett into the VFL - is that what you’re suggesting we do? Because I feel you are beating your chest that we are not top-4 and our senior core is more injury prone and we aren’t winning the flag etc… so is this some sort of ‘I told you so’ moment for later in the year…??

Please be clear I don’t think many people disagree we are likely to finish 7-9th and are probably not winning the flag.

Maybe we need to educate our players on ducking (Selwood, Ginnivan, McRae, Weightman, Gray …) and flopping (McKay, Daniher, Danger) and diving onto our stomach (Danger, McRae, Ward) to boost our free kick numbers, as being on the receiving end of massive free kick differentials - even in games where we dominate contested ball - can’t be coincidence.
You don't remember the outrage from people accusing Rance, Grimes & Vlastuin of ducking or dropping the knees to receive high free kicks, or flopping?
Double standards across the board, we can't win

I think we'll win this easy, it was only 2 weeks ago when Essendon were saying the same thing "We need to take responsibility as a playing group...or, senior players need to stand up" its the same sh*t different smell. Its hard to rev up a side every second week so although ill be expecting a better Essendon that showed up against Sydeny ill also be expecting a hungry Richmond side in front of a packed crowd. Dusty always plays good in big games as well as the likes of Bolton, MRJ, Rioli, Edwards and Pickett (fingers crossed) who usually find a different gear in the Indigenous Round.

IN: Edwards, Gib
OUT: Nyuon, Pickett

Although I would love to see RCD or Hugo given another go I reckon that (purely because it might be his last dream time) the side is most likely going to bring in Edwards, given the side we are taking on and Pickett going out I dont see a reason to why he won't be included.

Nyuon played pretty good imo for a first gamer, although, there is a clear difference in pure class between him and Gib

PREDICTION:
  • Richmond by 7 goals
  • Lynch to kick a bag on Ridley
  • The stadium to be all Richmond (if it wasn't already) by the end of the 3rd (throwback to 2018)
  • Sheil to put on a Richmond jersey because he's scared to get tackled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'll win this easy, it was only 2 weeks ago when Essendon were saying the same thing "We need to take responsibility as a playing group...or, senior players need to stand up" its the same sh*t different smell. Its hard to rev up a side every second week so although ill be expecting a better Essendon that showed up against Sydeny ill also be expecting a hungry Richmond side in front of a packed crowd. Dusty always plays good in big games as well as the likes of Bolton, MRJ, Rioli, Edwards and Pickett (fingers crossed) who usually find a different gear in the Indigenous Round.

IN: Edwards, Gib
OUT: Nyuon, Pickett

Although I would love to see RCD or Hugo given another go I reckon that (purely because it might be his last dream time) the side is most likely going to bring in Edwards, given the side we are taking on and Pickett going out I dont see a reason to why he won't be included.

Nyuon played pretty good imo for a first gamer, although, there is a clear difference in pure class between him and Gib

PREDICTION:
  • Richmond by 7 goals
  • Lynch to kick a bag on Ridley
  • The stadium to be all Richmond (if it wasn't already) by the end of the 3rd (throwback to 2018)
  • Sheil to put on a Richmond jersey because he's scared to get tackled.
Balta out surely? Think Dimma said he was ruled out of Dreamtime already.

Has we ever had an 18yo player that has had the impact he has? Was missed big time on the weekend.
Gonna be a great player for our club.

If Pickett is rubbed out I’m personally going to AFL HQ, dropping my pants and taking a big shit all over their foyer

Fair sheppard to the shoulder which has been a football act since the game ****en began! The prick got up within seconds and played on ffs!
Wasn’t even a free kick and now they want to suspend him?

Give me a ****en spell AFL u woke sensitive ****wits

yeah reckon we will loose to the bummers but beat swans at scg the following week

If we do that then i do not rate this team at all. Consistency is by far our biggest goal right now. I think we will beat Essendon and if we do the game against the Swans will be very telling. Even a strong loss against them would be promising at the SCG

I’m not actually sure what point you are trying to
make or who you are arguing against..??

In 2022, we are not a better team with those ‘kids’ playing over our senior core if their VFL form is not consistent and does not scream ‘pick me’. Yes, we need them to step up if we want to be a decent team when our senior core retire, but selecting those players does not help us win right now.

And of course we are more susceptible to injury, but so what? The only senior player you could possibly mount a case should not be in the team
is Edwards. But whether Edwards is the sub or Stack or Ross makes little difference. I actually think Edwards is the perfect sub and I’d much prefer he’s in that role than anyone else.

I don’t think any Richmond supporter thinks we are playing in a GF this year… we are hoping we can keep the team together and hoping we make finals and cause some damage and you just never know ….. but I don’t think anyone’s overly optimistic, it’s just a fun ride being competitive and hopefully making the finals.

I think every list management decision has been
proven to be spot on the money. Jack R is delivering more than McStay was before injury … and he’s supposedly about to get $600k/season. Cotchin has been very good all season. With Balta injured and Biggy clearly not quite ready and question marks on Miller’s ability the Tarrant acquisition looks pretty smart right now.

Biggy or Miller on Peter Wright then Buddy …. Oh my ….

So as I said , what’s the point you are trying to make? That Richmond likely won’t finish top-4… yep, everyone agrees. That Richmond may just miss finals … yep, everyone agrees. That Richmond is a fair way off Melbourne and Brisbane … yep, no argument from anyone there.

But what would you like to see? RCD, Ross, Ryan, Mansell, Biggy, Miller, Stack, Sonsie in the team week in and week out, and finish 9-13 but perhaps bring the rebuild forward a season? This would involve putting Edwards, Lambert, Jack, Cotch, Tarrant, Pickett into the VFL - is that what you’re suggesting we do? Because I feel you are beating your chest that we are not top-4 and our senior core is more injury prone and we aren’t winning the flag etc… so is this some sort of ‘I told you so’ moment for later in the year…??

Please be clear I don’t think many people disagree we are likely to finish 7-9th and are probably not winning the flag.

Your kids = your future.

You cannot be a better team with your best plays declining in a linear fashion due to age, if so, you are getting worse. The reverse of that is your kids get better and earn a spot over these declining players.

If RCD, Sonsie, Ralph-Smith, Dow, Cumberland, Stack etc cannot play well enough in the reserves to warrant us dropping a pretty old & playing pretty ordinary Shane Edwards then that is not a good outcome to where your future is heading.

If you have a 32 year old playing equal to a 21 year old, you play the 21 year old every time, as there is the added benefit of them getting experience and they will likely grow and improve their performance. 32 year olds are generally, almost always, riding a very linear decline

It seems like simple stuff to me. The teams that always succeed more often are the ones with the majority of their players between the age of 24-28, with an even split of veterans and youth around that. Exactly like us between 2017-21. If anything there are more examples of teams that are YOUNGER than that format winning , than older (which is where we are at currently) Examples of that are us 2017, 93 Bombers, 08 Hawks.

Go do the homework before you keep arguing with me. Look at the last 20 years olf Premiership teams, the ages splits, then get back to me

If you don't think we are making a GF then why the **** are you arguing with me constantly? I've said i think if we try our absolute best and play all our older guys over youth - we will finish 7th.

Are we just arguing over if that 7th is worth more than halving our odds of getting the elite young mid/fwd we desperately need to rebuild faster? That has always been my argument - i don't think a ceiling of 7th is something worth leveraging our future on. For me "worth it" point of doing what we are doing is if we can make a prelim &, at worst, have a competitive loss of >5goals of less. If we get pumped like Geelong did last year, i think that is totally pointless.

To be honest i think you & a few others are just arguing with literally everything i write . When i check my notifications, its always you Rioli2Rioli etc just arguing with everything i write. I don't really get your point anymore. If i am saying 7th and you are saying "not top 4" then what the **** are we arguing about.

To be clear - YES i would rather finish 9-12th playing 10+ U22 year olds over finishing 7th with 12+ over 29 year olds, because the U22 year olds develop far far faster. This has literally been "rebuilding" 101 since forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back