Autopsy Roast and toast vs North Melbourne round 18 and changes for Fremantle

Best vs Roos

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Aarts, Castagna and Rioli all deserved to be left out after the Gold Coast game, but I think it was a mistake dropping all three at once. Our forward pressure against North was bloody abysmal. Bring Maurice back in this week (he's the best at it anyway) for Gibcus, and leave Miller in defence. He or Balta can ruck to give Nank a chop out.

I notice the media are going for the jugular with Richmond. Sells papers I suppose. Radio is just the ramblings of mad men.

Win on Friday night and I'll forgive and forget for all the **** ups the last month, well really only the last 2 weeks.

Get it done Tigers. Shove it right up 'em!

Win on Friday night and I'll forgive and forget for all the **** ups the last month, well really only the last 2 weeks.
I'll forgive them if we don't lose again for the year.

Anything less, they can go **** themselves. They have almost certainly cost themselves a golden opportunity to get a 4th flag with this group.

What a waste of a season.

Stack really hasn’t been setting the world on fire in the VFL not sure he gets rushed in after an injury
Bc in the weeks before his injury he was solid..in our bests…didn’t get picked bc of the controversial
’jorjeaarts’ syndrome

Stack has been playing vfl in a particular role which he has done really well ( no high possession counts…just the 1 %s)

Way too good for vfl…let’s play him…he is more than capable

Don't think we should be dropping Ralphsmith for the rest of the season unless he has an absolute howler. He plays his role every week at worst and is a great prospect.

agree…he wasn’t in our bests but he was certainly wasnt poor…far from it…he put his head down and went for it when needed

We kniw our senior players were responsible for last week

Hugo needs to stay in , will be a solid player fir us long term

Interesting listen to Talking Tigers today.

Liked what Balmey said regarding the messaging towards the players after the game.
Haven’t had a chance
What’s the footnotes version?

Against North we played all of Tarrant, Miller, Grimes, Broad, Balta, Gibcus + Vlastuin who can play tall if needed. Do we really need to be playing 6 tall defenders in various positions on the ground? I know we have always had a pretty tall defence but we also had prime Lambert, Edwards, Cotch, Houli who could all cover massive ground. We no longer have that so surely have to compensate with more run. When Lynch is back surely we don't need more than 3 of those + Vlas in the 22. It doesn't matter which 3 go. Stop playing Grimes as a small defender, hes 31 and those days are gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against North we played all of Tarrant, Miller, Grimes, Broad, Balta, Gibcus + Vlastuin who can play tall if needed. Do we really need to be playing 6 tall defenders in various positions on the ground? I know we have always had a pretty tall defence but we also had prime Lambert, Edwards, Cotch, Houli who could all cover massive ground. We no longer have that so surely have to compensate with more run. When Lynch is back surely we don't need more than 3 of those + Vlas in the 22. It doesn't matter which 3 go. Stop playing Grimes as a small defender, hes 31 and those days are gone.
Agree been saying all year we are too tall..

I know Aarts, Castagna and Rioli all deserved to be left out after the Gold Coast game, but I think it was a mistake dropping all three at once. Our forward pressure against North was bloody abysmal. Bring Maurice back in this week (he's the best at it anyway) for Gibcus, and leave Miller in defence. He or Balta can ruck to give Nank a chop out.
Our forward pressure? We smashed them in that area. When the f/&k are people going to understand we were great but couldn't slot it between the posts. Jesus.

My man Cumbers will have a ripper v freo

Cumberland captures coaches’ attention
Just highlighted what a mistake it had been by not playing him sooner. Provides the x-factor that our forward line has been lacking. When we continue to deliver the ball poorly into our forward line, he's the one that will go and hunt the footy at all cost.

But we just had JR & Nank too. So one tall for Soldo and Lynch. But, neither backline or forward line looks settled. The backline lost chemistry this year. Baker and Short are better defenders than mids. ditto Balta but good on Dimma for trialling things.

When the f/&k are people going to understand we were great but couldn't slot it between the posts.
We weren't too great in the first half. Poor conversation wasn't the only thing we did wrong. Allowing the worst team in the league to move the ball around under no pressure at all isn't too great.

We weren't too great in the first half. Poor conversation wasn't the only thing we did wrong. Allowing the worst team in the league to move the ball around under no pressure at all isn't too great.
Thats been out problem all year. We allow teams to score too easily. We dominate games for long periods but it doesn't show on the scoreboard. Then it's like we switch off and the oppo score quick goals in succession.

Thats been out problem all year. We allow teams to score too easily. We dominate games for long periods but it doesn't show on the scoreboard. Then it's like we switch off and the oppo score quick goals in succession.
Scenes straight out of the early 2000's. No idea on how to stop an oppo's run, or no composure to execute that plan if we have one. We've lost the non-stop high pressure game plan we had.

Scenes straight out of the early 2000's. No idea on how to stop an oppo's run, or no composure to execute that plan if we have one. We've lost the non-stop high pressure game plan we had.
Our hallmark in our premiership years was we would absorb everything the oppo threw at us for 3 quarters or so then run over them the last quarter. We seem to have lost that capability we are now the ones who fade late in games.

Our hallmark in our premiership years was we would absorb everything the oppo threw at us for 3 quarters or so then run over them the last quarter. We seem to have lost that capability we are now the ones who fade late in games.
Yeah, so we've managed to lose our fitness, our composure, our desire to work hard to keep the pressure on the oppo and our ability to handle the heat coming back the other way. In other words, we've turned into a bunch of massive, downhill skiing CHOKERS.

I would so love to be proved wrong. Let's see how we can **** up this week's game.

Out: doesn't matter.
In: doesn't matter.

gibcus has been s**t since round 7

should have been out months ago for miller
Yep. Play him in the 2's for the rest of the year. Won't hurt him at all.

Or is a first year player too good to be playing VFL now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back