Autopsy Roast and toast vs North Melbourne round 18 and changes for Fremantle

Best vs Roos

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edwards won't get dropped if he hasn't already.

I'm pretty sure he was the sub once this year. His low performances should see him dropped and I get the club wants to get him to 300 games.
So being the sub still gets him to 299 and then comes in for his 300th game V Lions

Anyways, we'll just have to wait and see at 6.25pm tonight.

Rory Lobb seemingly not playing, wasn't on the plane.

Gibcus wasn't at captain's run today according to Caesar at PRE, neither were Aarts and Castagna.

Bauer was there along with Junior, Mansell too.

Highly doubt Bauer plays. Heck I don't even know what we should be doing. We're doing well in a lot of areas but we've stopped getting front-half contested footy and pressure. We perhaps need a small simply for that but none of ours are up to it...

If I had to guess...

OUT: Gibcus, Miller (stiff), Edwards
IN: Soldo, Ross, JNR

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, D. Rioli
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Baker, Soldo, Ralphsmith
Cumberland, Riewoldt, Bolton
Nankervis, Prestia, Graham
Short, Ross, Sonsie, M. Rioli

SUB: Edwards
Bauer being there is interesting. Maybe they've decided to just play blokes in their best position, which would have him as the next man in as a tallish forward?

Parker's papers are clearly stamped now I think.

I know Marvel ain't much compared to the mighty Richmond Paddock but we have to play our grand final (for once) and get right behind the team.
Sick of bloody teams doing it to us then playing like shit the week after.

I know Marvel ain't much compared to the mighty Richmond Paddock but we have to play our grand final (for once) and get right behind the team.
Sick of bloody teams doing it to us then playing like s**t the week after.
Yep, Suns got whacked and watch Norf get smashed by Hawks this week.

Rory Lobb seemingly not playing, wasn't on the plane.

Gibcus wasn't at captain's run today according to Caesar at PRE, neither were Aarts and Castagna.

Bauer was there along with Junior, Mansell too.

Highly doubt Bauer plays. Heck I don't even know what we should be doing. We're doing well in a lot of areas but we've stopped getting front-half contested footy and pressure. We perhaps need a small simply for that but none of ours are up to it...

If I had to guess...

OUT: Gibcus, Miller (stiff), Edwards
IN: Soldo, Ross, JNR

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, D. Rioli
McIntosh, Cotchin, Pickett
Baker, Soldo, Ralphsmith
Cumberland, Riewoldt, Bolton
Nankervis, Prestia, Graham
Short, Ross, Sonsie, M. Rioli

SUB: Edwards
I hope they give Bauer have a go. He may not have done much in the VFL but it been shocking weather for key forwards, wet or windy last few weeks. Bauer has strong hands when marking and has a nice amount of aggression so I think he might do okay.

I have no time for Soldo up forward, Balta will be back and if we go in with just Jack as a key forward we have learnt nothing. Jack, Bauer and Cumberland would at least be targets. Why else would he be in the captains run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumor is that Castagna is back in.

Which meeeeeeeans I ain't going to the ground and will watch from home.

Unbelievable.

He wasn't at the captain's run. Almost certain he is NOT in.

I can see the future...

George not at the Captains run
Is not named
Tigers warm up as selected
Just before coin toss Bolton sprints off the ground, down the race, does not play

Castagna runs out - takes up his spot on the half forward line
(Tigers fined for selection ruse)

Freo totally caught out having planned for Bolton, Tigers go on to win a close one by 5 points

George finishes with 0 goals 6 points......

This week I really hope Balta and Baker go back. Balta is like a lost puppy when he leaves the D50… he’s got no idea.

And I support Soldo coming back so Balta doesn’t have to ruck…. and Darcy is a beast.

So changes to the 23 for this week:

Outs: Gibcus Aarts. Miller

Ins: MRJ. Soldo. Parker

Sub: Edwards

Play Tarrant on Taberner and Balta on Lobb.

Play Baker in the backline and pinch hit midfield depending on match-ups.

Play MRJ and Parker in pressure forward roles, with Parker and Cumberland to play ‘tall’.

I know we are trying to plug holes with Balta and Baker left by Lynch and Dusty up forward… but we cannot do any damage this season if our defence is not far more solid. Balta and Baker are key to this. The experiments were worthwhile, but the time for experiments is over. If we are going to lose, let’s do it with our guns all playing their prime positions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agree 100%, Balta and Baker much better behind the ball, understand we are light down forward, and experimenting, but no way are we even close to a better team with those two forward.

I can see the future...

George not at the Captains run
Is not named
Tigers warm up as selected
Just before coin toss Bolton sprints off the ground, down the race, does not play

Castagna runs out - takes up his spot on the half forward line
(Tigers fined for selection ruse)

Freo totally caught out having planned for Bolton, Tigers go on to win a close one by 5 points

George finishes with 0 goals 6 points......

fyfe gets 3 brownlow votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back