Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

unless North gets smashed by over 20 goals.... we can beat the suns and still keep our number one pick. :D yay.
I don't like your math...

It's something like a 75 point differential.

If we beat GC by 25 points and the Kangas get beaten by Hawthorn by 50 points then we will finish 2nd last.

Granted we probably won't win by 25 but lol norf will probably get spanked by more than 50 points.

Try the ladder predictor.

Positives - we didn’t get beaten by 150 points like i thought was gonna happen after quarter time.
The leadership of our club off the field is concerning. Mathews isn’t the answer and neither is O’Roarke. Everything stems from that.
We aren’t a hungry club. We’re fat, sated, bloated and focused on stuff that isn’t important. The core business of the club is the male team. That’s it. We have lost focus.
Gale should of been removed a month ago and the members get a vote.
The only brick i am buying Richmond is the one i want to cram up your arse currently.
Top class rant CB

With the high end picks incoming we will have a better team than them. I think they've gone up a year early. They don't have any young star power key position players so middle of the road team.
Yeah, we could pick up some great kids in the next few years. I’d like to see the club be brave and go the Mitchell route: be ruthless, take the short-term pain. The alternative is seven years of a slow rebuild with multiple coaches before we have a shot at a flag.

If we beat GC by 25 points and the Kangas get beaten by Hawthorn by 50 points then we will finish 2nd last.

Granted we probably won't win by 25 but lol norf will probably get spanked by more than 50 points.

Tank Tank Tank Norf are tanking for another free 'suck our gob' handout from the corrupt, motherdoing, scumsucking, anal pleasure probing, bastards from AFLHQ... and they'll get it.

I dont care if we get first or second pick in the draft, I just want to see the above AFL adjectives piss this perennial basketcase of shitkicking, insigificant, loser 'club' out of the league.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He said he can't wait until he gets his good players back and has a full or almost full list to choose from
His good players. So that's Lynch, Baker who wasn't there today, and...who else was missing from our best team? Tom Brown, Maurice Jnr maybe. Lots of injuries to key players earlier in the year but most of them are back now. We can't use that as an excuse for today's pathetic "effort".

The problem is that even with a full list, our starting midfield is incredibly slow and we have too many senior guys who have either checked out or are simply not up to it anymore. Grimes, McIntosh, Short, Graham and Pickett have all been 2 things this season and last: walk up starts and borderline liabilities. I am of the opinion that each one will be given the opportunity to play again next season if they decide to go round again.

Add to that a midfield of Prestia, Taranto and Hopper who are all slow, and all very average at best by foot. Prestia's the best of the 3 and he's almost done. Hopper's disposal at the moment is almost making Short look like Dusty.

Our tackling is weak and half hearted, we put on next to no defensive pressure through the midfield, and our disposal has to be the worst in the league. We need to get ruthless with the list and trade in as many early picks as possible. We need players who have pace, can kick, and who won't shirk a contest.

If Yze can't do this then pay him out and bring in someone who can. Oh and how about a captain who's got just a modicum of self discipline and intelligence.

yikes your right
Rich 101vGC 90 = 1540/2360=65.25%
NM 47 Haw 100 = 1620/2480=65.32%

The drop off has begun.
It's been a crap year and hard to watch at times, but I find it worse in here at times.
Some of the rubbish I read getting posted.
I joined this site at the end of 2016, I thought it would be good to share thoughts on our club as we looked to be going backwards again.
Little did I know I would be here for a fabulous ride as we won 3 flags in 4 years.
Over the last 24 months I have started enjoying coming in here less and less.
Some of the self righteous, whining, arrogant rubbish that goes on does my head in far more than watching the team struggle on the field.
It's just so far from fun in here now I think I'm better off staying away until we are at least a bit more competitive so there are some more reasonable discussions.

what did yze say in presser? the same old?
I think we need to cut the coach some slack. He needs a clean slate but inherited a ****ing mess.
Senior players and former coach were indulged and allowed to do the **** they wanted.

The footy dept needs support. **** off any mediocrity’s.

Too much distraction with player contracts. Baker needs to come out and commit or go, no ****ing one year deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was expecting a thrashing and that's exactly what we got. Bolton was our best on (which hopefully pumps up his value), Balta was equally great and crap at times, Rioli was well held but had his moments, Mansell was good up forward, Flossy and Broad were a class above down back.

Unfortunately Trenzie and Miller were average. Trenzie shows a lot of promise but made many rookie errors under pressure. Miller was a disappointment. Our midfield was thoroughly beaten.

I liked how we tried to run the ball out of defense with quick handballs early. Even though we were smashed in the first quarter, it was a spark that I hope turns into a fire in future years.

I loved Ralph-Smith's game. I thought that was his best game he's ever played. He was strong in the air and his run and carry was fantastic. He looked a level above most of the rest of the team in skills, poise and confidence.

Bauer keeps showing that he can be a strong asset to our forwardline moving into 2025. I'm interested to see if he can work alongside Lynch, Lafeu (sp?), MRJ and Mansell in the future.

I said before the match that Miller did not have a matchup in the hawthorn forward line, so to pick Miller and Blight was strange. To be fair Broad and Vlastuin were also beaten so maybe the precision with which the hawks moved the ball to their forwards and lack of team balance the real reason.
No miller is ****ing clueless

We have such a good coach in the reserves with Steven Morris who has had to manage equally disastrous player availability issues but more importantly the players are invested are accountable and want to play for the coach and bleed for the coach.

In the seniors well we have a side that has no recognition of a game plan and is like a festering wound that is oozing

Can’t say much about the game, unfortunately too many look checked out after a long season.
But surely we can do something about our boots, every single game it looks like we’re playing in the wet. Constantly slipping and falling over with any sudden change of direction or speed while the opposition just glides over the grass. Not just one player either, the whole team struggles to hold ground, blows my mind

This is Meehan's fault ;)

Ben Millers falling off a cliff in the second half of the season.

Been non competitive and soft as butter.

It’s no wonder we are leaking goals left right and centre when he’s the plug that’s stopping a hole in our ship.
I saw one kick into the forward line where the hawthorn player had so much time that he kicked the ball over Millers head and hit Watson on the chest 2 metre behind Miller. The hawthorns mids had so much time and space and options that our defenders had no hope. Blaming Miller or Blight or Broad or Vlastin when the Hawks had 65 mainly unpressured forward entries is just rubbish. It's been like that for several weeks. Having said that I do believe that Balta back is a better option.

Can’t say much about the game, unfortunately too many look checked out after a long season.
But surely we can do something about our boots, every single game it looks like we’re playing in the wet. Constantly slipping and falling over with any sudden change of direction or speed while the opposition just glides over the grass. Not just one player either, the whole team struggles to hold ground, blows my mind
we need to wear grass cutters

It's been a crap year and hard to watch at times, but I find it worse in here at times.
Some of the rubbish I read getting posted.
I joined this site at the end of 2016, I thought it would be good to share thoughts on our club as we looked to be going backwards again.
Little did I know I would be here for a fabulous ride as we won 3 flags in 4 years.
Over the last 24 months I have started enjoying coming in here less and less.
Some of the self righteous, whining, arrogant rubbish that goes on does my head in far more than watching the team struggle on the field.
It's just so far from fun in here now I think I'm better off staying away until we are at least a bit more competitive so there are some more reasonable discussions.
As opposed to the sheer arrogance and 'every decision we make is the right one or gold' narrative that dominated these here threads?
If you want to rest on your laurels, this board probably ain't for you.
We have jumped from clusterf*** to custerf*** for the last three years and the rank and fil shouldn't tolerate that.
Yes, we were never going to win three more or even one more, but when nearly every decision is poo, you don't sit back and give it a pass mark.
We are rock bottom, but we put ourselvs there.
At least the rock bottom wshould eliminate the arrogance and entitlement on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back