Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Top 5 v Hawks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t say much about the game, unfortunately too many look checked out after a long season.
But surely we can do something about our boots, every single game it looks like we’re playing in the wet. Constantly slipping and falling over with any sudden change of direction or speed while the opposition just glides over the grass. Not just one player either, the whole team struggles to hold ground, blows my mind

End result is about what I expected before the game.

Disappointed with the first and last quarters, was good to see us not drop our bundle during the middle 2 quarters which we could have easily done and copped a right old 20 goal reaming.

Changes for next week are interesting. We have the VFL side in a do or die final and we can have the likes of Bauer Blight Coulthard & Trezise all eligible to play in that game and give them a good chance of progressing in the VFL finals or we keep say Bauer Blight & Trezise in the seniors and worry about VFL finals the week after should they beat Williamstown.

Personally I'd be picking our best possible 23 for the AFL game and be looking to win the game to finish the season on a positive.
All AFL players are eligible to play VFL next week ... because the AFL team is playing

after that the VFL side is going nowhere ... they will have zero midfielders available ... Dow, Sonsie and Banks (he and Koshitzke became ineligible by playing today) have played too many games ... MacAuliffe did his shoulder today ... Maurice Jnr and Pickett have not played enough VFL games to qualify ... and Cam Olden has been added to the list of injured VFL midfielders

Select Pickett as sub to get him a game closer to 100 ... play Macca in the VFL midfield otherwise keep the teams as they are

Out - wonderful defender Ben Miller
After that I couldn't give a ****
I said before the match that Miller did not have a matchup in the hawthorn forward line, so to pick Miller and Blight was strange. To be fair Broad and Vlastuin were also beaten so maybe the precision with which the hawks moved the ball to their forwards and lack of team balance the real reason.

Can’t say much about the game, unfortunately too many look checked out after a long season.
But surely we can do something about our boots, every single game it looks like we’re playing in the wet. Constantly slipping and falling over with any sudden change of direction or speed while the opposition just glides over the grass. Not just one player either, the whole team struggles to hold ground, blows my mind
Maybe our boots are the reason our movement is so bad as well?

He said he can't wait until he gets his good players back and has a full or almost full list to choose from
What players are they? Lynch is the only player on the injury list that has finished TopTen in the B&F and his career is done ...

Young, Lefau, Green, Clarke, Brown and Gibcus ... the only people on the injury list are blokes who haven't played 20 AFL games ...

I said before the match that Miller did not have a matchup in the hawthorn forward line, so to pick Miller and Blight was strange. To be fair Broad and Vlastuin were also beaten so maybe the precision with which the hawks moved the ball to their forwards and lack of team balance the real reason.
No team really does. In the last 17 games they've won 14 and lost 3. 2 of the 3 loses were by a couple points.

Only 1 teams managed to fully outplay them in the last 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be trying to unload at least one of TT and Hopper, even if it's a fire sale where we part-pay their salary. No point loading up on draft picks in a draft full of midfielders when we've got two duds contracted to 2029. I can stomach our forward-line sucking without any decent forwards, but it's hard to see how we're going to fix this midfield without admitting that we screwed up bringing those guys in.

Also 5 disposals for Balta, and this was probably one of his better games as a forward...

Clearly we have no choice but to start over. This list is going to take us nowhere. Senior players badly letting us down with poor play and undisciplined acts. Some flashes of brilliance, but instead of involving Dusty, Prestia, Bolton, etc - they involve HRS, Bauer and Mansell. Bauer was super impressive as he kept Sicily very quiet and attacked the ball with intent. Nank has had a good year, but he had a bad game. Taranto, Hopper and Prestia butchered the ball at will. Short, Miller and Graham need to go. Grimes and Macca can retire. If Baker wants to go, thats fine with me and Bolton should be traded as he is the icing on the cake and at the moment, we need to rebuild the base. Keep Rioli if possible.

Whatever it takes to obtain 3 Top 10 picks - get it done.

Out - The Season
In - Trade week and National Draft.
THIS...

Mitchell has a list lacking superstars playing great footy.
We can do the same if we clean out, draft, and trade our way out of this hole.
With the high end picks incoming we will have a better team than them. I think they've gone up a year early. They don't have any young star power key position players so middle of the road team.

Bring back the Roo break dancer!
Season 5 No GIF by The Office

😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Gold Coast

Back