Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Top 5 v Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

riolis a must keep along with banks,bauer,blight,brown,green,campbell,tresize,balta,gibcus,clarke,HRS,vlaustin,TT,broad.mrjunior
the rest have the green light to go n find a new home
The only circumstances I’d keep rioli if our losses were respectable, right now our performances are Raygun qty and that’s with rioli in it
Eg coll lose but they’re in it up to there eye balls , we’re gone 5 min into 3q
We re at rock bottom so extreme action required

Would be stupid to not get games into the kids and pretty stupid to not have pick 1-2.
But it’s a fine line… letting that sortve culture in and letting people important to culture walk out the door, like Rioli particularly now with new Pres, CEO and Coach it could really set us back, which would be a complete stuff up after being renowned for culture and strong leadership.

I’ll be sharpening my pitchfork in the off season and if I don’t start hearing some hard truths from Yze next year and stronger language on standards and what’s expected at a successful club I’ll be pissy.
I get it he had to build relationships but elite sport isn’t about making new friends.
Too many poor efforts today.

WE cant lose rioli with tt and hopper in the team, he is one of the few A grade players we have that are playing A grade footy.
Rioli is one of the few players, if not the only player currently in our side who has the speed, agility and skill to set up play, without him it's going to be more of the Short/Taranto skyball/grubber approach hoping the opposition drop the mark or spill the ball, essentially trying to feed like vultures off opposition errors rather than a proactive structured possession game to wear an opposition down.

To start controlling games like we have been used to in recent times we need at a minimum an additional 3 players with similar Rioli traits, skill, speed and high football IQ. Letting Rioli depart might set us back years even if we do manage to snare some good talent come draft day. Today's game just doesn't suit poorly skilled plodders and evidence suggests we have an abundance of those at the moment.

Everyone needs to chill. Just remember our final game of the 2016 season. Goodness. That was waaaaaay worse than today. This is not Yze’s fault.

Yze needs so much more support. An engaged CEO would be a start, then work down from there. BENNY MUST RESIGN TONIGHT!!!!

It wasnt really worse than today though. That was an interstate game against a team that went in fav for the Grand Final that year. It was also the last game of the season. Does anyone really expect us to get within 100 next week?

We are now a 2 win team that dish up this every week and really have hardly any good players left. We clearly have the worst midfield in the league and possibly the worst forward line seen for decades. On top of the that our group of young players is possibly the worst in the league. Its so bad we pretty much have to trade our only 2 decent players to try and fix the list.

Next year should be better even though the results wont improve yet with some young talent around.

Thats why he's one of the very few players we have with trade value.
so we lose him to completely decimate our team which will make it even worse than it is now?
Ive been saying for ages that he is our most important player, lose him and we lose our speed and run out of half back, and also his silky diposal. ALSO HE IS ONE THE FEW REASONS I HAVE LEFT FOR WATCHING.

The only circumstances I’d keep rioli if our losses were respectable, right now our performances are Raygun qty and that’s with rioli in it
Eg coll lose but they’re in it up to there eye balls , we’re gone 5 min into 3q
We re at rock bottom so extreme action required
Exactly.
Sack the coach
Replace the Board
Trade any player of value
And while we are at it a public flogging for the boot studder because of the players slipping over all the time.

The forward line is the most in need of boosting that’s why I’m not against drafting Armstrong at number 1. Get a mid with either the Rioli trade or Bolton trade.
On today's effort, there's no way I want to give Dimma Rioli. Trade Bolton, Baker & Graham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a glorified training run.

When Banks got 40 in the VFL a couple of months ago i thought ‘he must have something’. Last few weeks have convinced me we’ve actually got a good young player in Banks… hooray! He has only played 18 games.

Don’t get the hate on Tresize in the gameday thread. He needs some polish, but very encouraging also… 22 touches, 6 intercepts. The kid has played 7 games and is showing plenty.

A couple of good signs from Bauer.

A sh*t truck of a game and an even worse season …. but we’ve unearthed a few quality youngsters that means we are not coming from ground zero with our youth - most just haven’t played enough games yet.

And if Macca starts in the 22 again ahead of Smith or another youngster that’ll just about do me. By all means make him sub, but so NOT play that momentum killing 🤡 in the starting team ever again Yze … I beg you!! It’s almost laughable now. Falling over, out on the fulls, playing on from OOB … I actually think he’s trying to get dropped, but he just can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On today's effort, there's no way I want to give Dimma Rioli. Trade Bolton, Baker & Graham.
We still lost by 48pts tho , understand that wasn’t his fault . It just demonstrated further what his worth is and we may well be insisting on GC 2 first pics , put riolis numbers up against any other reputed HBF this year for reference

We still lost by 48pts tho , understand that wasn’t his fault . It just demonstrated further what his worth is and we may well be insisting on GC 2 first pics , put riolis numbers up against any other reputed HBF this year for reference
Still wouldn't be trading him. Rioli is the one I'd keep, still busts his arse for the club which indicates to me he is happy to stay.

Rioli, Vlastuin & Broad. Get games in Blight he has gone past Miller IMO, hopefully Gibcus gets back with Balta down back if Gibcus is still out for a while.

We have 2 major concerns, midfield is too one dimensional and Forwardline needs major rework.

Boy that was a hard watch. We just seem to have no idea anymore. We can’t hit a target, we don’t stick a tackle and we handball to someone in a worse position. Where’s the pressure? Opposition just waltz through us and do what they like. Very little resistance whatsoever.

I have no interest in trading Rioli. I think he is a must keep. Bolton can go, he tries to do too much and just gets caught all the time. McIntosh’s time is up.

Can only hope for better things next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Back