Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Top 5 v Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is when you compare Short against Rioli. Short is taking easy handball receives, then doing dinky little 30 metre passes or kicking the ball long to nobody. Compare his effort to Rioli.
His other problem was the set shot from 30 or the missed tackle. Senior players need to be better. Short has had a stnker of a season.

it's going to take seasons to turn this around..
Just like all the other teams that did Dynasty, the come down is going to be rough.
strap in folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride
Yup...some very spoilt chicken littles losing their sheet on here at the moment.
Club hasn't even started to begin rebuilding...
FMD...what are they going to be like when the sheet really starts to hit the fan when Tassy comes on!!!!

It’s difficult to watch our boys right now. The kids are just that, kids, and sadly none of them are going to be overnight superstars. We are at the end of an era, and fortunately we tasted some success during it. We need to rebuild from the top down and regain that culture of hunger that started with Peggy and Ben. Sadly, Ben staying on after committing to the Tassie side stank. We should have asked him to/demanded he stand down and found someone dedicated to the team with a future focus. Other changes at the top are needed too. I think we have to get a great CEO in place to drive the next chapter. Yze gets a pass this year with the horrid injuries - please god can we get a qualified strength and conditioning guru in ffs to get the boys in shape to play out a whole season? We need a refresh of assistant coaches and we need to let some heroes go who are beyond their prime, some who have trade value still. We can’t hang on to premiership players who now would struggle to get a game in the ressies. We need to recruit well and I think keeping Rioli is a must; one of the few who try every game. Bolton is a great player but can often go missing or worse, bottle an easy goal by thinking every shot has to be goal of the year or every mark, mark of the year. Do the simple things well and we’ll be right. If he can’t be bothered doing that, bye bye. He has some value so we may have to reluctantly let him go. Baker is likely gone and Jack Graham looks bound for western pastures. I know a cull and fire sale will hurt, but watching this same crap get served up for 2-5 more years will hurt more. Where is that fighting spirit and fierceness now? Our kids have a chance to develop but some of them can’t cut it, at least not yet. We may have little choice but to hold fast and hope we get some serious draft talent and start again to form that bond that saw us dominate from 2017. It’s time to be strong and bold again!!

It’s difficult to watch our boys right now. The kids are just that, kids, and sadly none of them are going to be overnight superstars. We are at the end of an era, and fortunately we tasted some success during it. We need to rebuild from the top down and regain that culture of hunger that started with Peggy and Ben. Sadly, Ben staying on after committing to the Tassie side stank. We should have asked him to/demanded he stand down and found someone dedicated to the team with a future focus. Other changes at the top are needed too. I think we have to get a great CEO in place to drive the next chapter. Yze gets a pass this year with the horrid injuries - please god can we get a qualified strength and conditioning guru in ffs to get the boys in shape to play out a whole season? We need a refresh of assistant coaches and we need to let some heroes go who are beyond their prime, some who have trade value still. We can’t hang on to premiership players who now would struggle to get a game in the ressies. We need to recruit well and I think keeping Rioli is a must; one of the few who try every game. Bolton is a great player but can often go missing or worse, bottle an easy goal by thinking every shot has to be goal of the year or every mark, mark of the year. Do the simple things well and we’ll be right. If he can’t be bothered doing that, bye bye. He has some value so we may have to reluctantly let him go. Baker is likely gone and Jack Graham looks bound for western pastures. I know a cull and fire sale will hurt, but watching this same crap get served up for 2-5 more years will hurt more. Where is that fighting spirit and fierceness now? Our kids have a chance to develop but some of them can’t cut it, at least not yet. We may have little choice but to hold fast and hope we get some serious draft talent and start again to form that bond that saw us dominate from 2017. It’s time to be strong and bold again!!
THIS...

Yup...some very spoilt chicken littles losing their sheet on here at the moment.
Club hasn't even started to begin rebuilding...
FMD...what are they going to be like when the sheet really starts to hit the fan when Tassy comes on!!!!
exactly why we need to make big bold decisions now, for the sake of our future.
Move on all 4 names we all know, and invest in a large crop of youth NOW.
yes it will be rough going, but we have no other choice.

I know McIntosh performances are well documented but 6 possessions playing four quarters on a wing! Just been doing this too often. I dont get playing him coz he has no leadership and doesn’t protect young guys and his experience counts for nothing. Season was over 10 weeks ago and I would have preferred club to pay Sonsie and Cumbo over him and I reckon they’re no good.

exactly why we need to make big bold decisions now, for the sake of our future.
Move on all 4 names we all know, and invest in a large crop of youth NOW.
yes it will be rough going, but we have no other choice.
Agree - could possibly have 5 top 25 picks. And a few more before 40. Go hard again next year before the Tassie team. starts smashing every draft. Then from 2027-8, we won't have the worst team that I have seen in my lifetime. It will be a team of talented young players.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we’re still playing like this with Lynch at FF (and Gray beside him) and Gibcus at FB (with Blight beside him), then we can panic…This will turn around quickly…

Blight could have had a solid 7-8 week stretch of games from his debut to the end of this awful season. Had 32 in the VFL today fmd, get him in and keep him there

He’s part of our future so play him ffs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blight could have had a solid 7-8 week stretch of games from his debut to the end of this awful season. Had 32 in the VFL today fmd, get him in and keep him there

He’s part of our future so play him ffs
You know the club seen him already and pretty sure they have high hopes. VFL side is in finals race all be it won't get far as they are decimated so need some good player to help out. If we made up our mind on him well i don't mind what they are doing.

You know the club seen him already and pretty sure they have high hopes. VFL side is in finals race all be it won't get far as they are decimated so need some good player to help out. If we made up our mind on him well i don't mind what they are doing.
We won’t make VFL Finals unless Williamstown have a brain freeze

We won’t make VFL Finals unless Williamstown have a brain freeze
I know but if we had beaten them yesterday would have been in a better position. We were travelling ok till started getting some of our seniors back in the side at the expense of the VFL players :( I've never been so flat even in our 37 years. I watched the VFL than I could not be fd watching the seniors and had a snooze instead. That has never happened to me before and have missed so many games this season :'( Our list is so terrible from old injured players to youngsters that show very little.

I know but if we had beaten them yesterday would have been in a better position. We were travelling ok till started getting some of our seniors back in the side at the expense of the VFL players :( I've never been so flat even in our 37 years. I watched the VFL than I could not be fd watching the seniors and had a snooze instead. That has never happened to me before and have missed so many games this season :'( Our list is so terrible from old injured players to youngsters that show very little.
By the way, is there a wild card round in the VFL?
7 vs 10
8 vs 9

If so, then there still a chance….

We need to have a look at what hawks are doing. Making teams look 2nd rate atm with their ball movement

main difference is they have an actual game plan

They have speed and players that can kick everywhere. We have a midfield of Taranto, Hopper, Prestia, Graham and Dow. None of these would get a game in theirs.

They also have a lot of young players and everyone buying in. We have neither of those. Realistically we are 5 years behind them if we get everything right (we won our last flag 5 years after them). But very few players currently on our list will be around if/when we look that good again.

7 vs 10
8 vs 9

We just need to beat Carlton to make the wildcard. Carlton have hit form suddenly in the vfl, but they got smashed with injuries in the afl and are travelling to Perth. They will take travelling emergencies and prob lose their 5 best from the vfl as well. We should be winning.

We just need to beat Carlton to make the wildcard. Carlton have hit form suddenly in the vfl, but they got smashed with injuries in the afl and are travelling to Perth. They will take travelling emergencies and prob lose their 5 best from the vfl as well. We should be winning.
Keep Blight in then, better match for him than the thrashing we will receive from the Hawks.

Put Bolton in there as well to lend a hand.

If we’re still playing like this with Lynch at FF (and Gray beside him) and Gibcus at FB (with Blight beside him), then we can panic…This will turn around quickly…

Lynch is finished. Any goals from this point of his career should be seen as a bonus. Gibcus, Blight and Balta is a solid defence. Our midfield is horrific though and forwardline is all time bad.

Agree - could possibly have 5 top 25 picks. And a few more before 40. Go hard again next year before the Tassie team. starts raping every draft. Then from 2027-8, we won't have the worst team that I have seen in my lifetime. It will be a team of talented young players.

There's no way as bad as this team is, that we compare to the days of Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer and co. They were truly dark days

7 vs 10
8 vs 9

Yeah there is, think we are safe 2 points in front of zebras and swans and they have very hard games we have Carlton not much chop but did beat Geelong 5th on ladder this round.

Ralpsmith has improved this year but things like that dropped mark in defence that resulted in a goal - just not AFL level.

Hopper is a worry. Looks like the stupid fitness staff had him bulking up last pre season at the expense of agility. Morons

Rioli is all class. We need him but we probably need 2 x top picks more right now.
HRS also went 3rd? up in a fwd line marking contest, and proceeded to double fist the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast Toast & Changes for Hawthorn

Back