Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Top 5 v North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot (including myself) are comfortable because it has happened on the back of a set of extraordinary circumstances unlike many others.

If we were still a rock solid stable club, fielding close to our best 22 week in week out and this was still happening, then yeah massive red flags and anger for sure.

but with the amount of instability we have currently, new coach, the ridiculous injuries all season, the odds were stacked well and truly against us and the year was almost a free hit to finish last without it looking that bad or unreasonable given the circumstances just mentioned.

Given the way this year has panned out it's almost impossible to be angry at this outcome.
people don't get it yet that this season is going to do more good than it seems.

Broad - Takes nice intercept marks but is borderline best 22 in my opinion.
Balta - Club have ruined him with the chopping and changing of his position. Yze also has no idea where he belongs. Amateur the way he is handled.
Miller - Still hanging onto his game against Curnow but has been abysmal since. Not sold. Too weak a footballer to be the premier full back. Where's Blight?
Trezise - Can't kick the footy at all. Couldn't care less about any other attribute when he's skills are as bad as they are.
Vlastuin - Good player, started the season well. Makes a lot of horrible mistakes also but he's not alone.
Rioli - Good as gone, refused contact. Take the 2 first rounders and run. Has served the RFC well and a Richmond champ but the rebuild is well and truly on.
Ralphsmith - A shining light this season. Whatever he lacks in the skill department he makes up in his endeavor and hard running.
Prestia - Workhorse. Tried hard all day but his skills are waning and his unreliable on the injury front. 1 more year as we need some senior players around the club.
Banks - Doesn't want contact. Jury is out for me.
Mansell - Tries his guts out. But wouldn't get a game at most clubs if we're being honest.
Baker - Gone, served us well but we need the draft picks.
Green - Shame about the injury but was unsighted and until he was injured, I had no idea he was even playing.
Bolton - Terrible game, still want him to stay on but if he's checked out as much as he was today then he's cooked with us.
Martin - Hate to say it but not even a shadow of his prime. It's time.
Kozi - The least of our problems but cannot be our number 1 forward. If Lynch has another season like this year we are ****ed. As a number 2 or 3 he will be a threat.
Nank - Got absolutely smashed all day. Underdone? A worry.
Taranto - Will always win the footy but horrible disposal and often flat footed. GWS had the right players around him, we don't.
Hopper - Again looks flat footed. Might be a fitness issue. Needs a proper pre-season but it didn't look good today
Short - How he won a B&F is beyond me. Gives away a minimum of 3 goals a game. Consistently squibs contests. Shouldn't play another game for the rest of the season.
Brown - Plenty of talent but no edge to his game. Swinging him forward isn't the answer.
Campbell - Runs hard, tries hard, I'm not sure he is really as good as some posters claim.
Jack Graham - I'm honestly surprised West Coast are interested. Crab.

The draft can't come soon enough.

Broad - Takes nice intercept marks but is borderline best 22 in my opinion.
Balta - Club have ruined him with the chopping and changing of his position. Yze also has no idea where he belongs. Amateur the way he is handled.
Miller - Still hanging onto his game against Curnow but has been abysmal since. Not sold. Too weak a footballer to be the premier full back. Where's Blight?
Trezise - Can't kick the footy at all. Couldn't care less about any other attribute when he's skills are as bad as they are.
Vlastuin - Good player, started the season well. Makes a lot of horrible mistakes also but he's not alone.
Rioli - Good as gone, refused contact. Take the 2 first rounders and run. Has served the RFC well and a Richmond champ but the rebuild is well and truly on.
Ralphsmith - A shining light this season. Whatever he lacks in the skill department he makes up in his endeavor and hard running.
Prestia - Workhorse. Tried hard all day but his skills are waning and his unreliable on the injury front. 1 more year as we need some senior players around the club.
Banks - Doesn't want contact. Jury is out for me.
Mansell - Tries his guts out. But wouldn't get a game at most clubs if we're being honest.
Baker - Gone, served us well but we need the draft picks.
Green - Shame about the injury but was unsighted and until he was injured, I had no idea he was even playing.
Bolton - Terrible game, still want him to stay on but if he's checked out as much as he was today then he's cooked with us.
Martin - Hate to say it but not even a shadow of his prime. It's time.
Kozi - The least of our problems but cannot be our number 1 forward. If Lynch has another season like this year we are ****ed. As a number 2 or 3 he will be a threat.
Nank - Got absolutely smashed all day. Underdone? A worry.
Taranto - Will always win the footy but horrible disposal and often flat footed. GWS had the right players around him, we don't.
Hopper - Again looks flat footed. Might be a fitness issue. Needs a proper pre-season but it didn't look good today
Short - How he won a B&F is beyond me. Gives away a minimum of 3 goals a game. Consistently squibs contests. Shouldn't play another game for the rest of the season.
Brown - Plenty of talent but no edge to his game. Swinging him forward isn't the answer.
Campbell - Runs hard, tries hard, I'm not sure he is really as good as some posters claim.
Jack Graham - I'm honestly surprised West Coast are interested. Crab.

The draft can't come soon enough.
Hard to disagree with much of this at all.

Think you’re a tad harsh on Broad and Vlastuin though. Both were pretty handy today.

Aside from that, jeeez pretty spot on with most of it

Hard to disagree with much of this at all.

Think you’re a tad harsh on Broad and Vlastuin though. Both were pretty handy today.

Aside from that, jeeez pretty spot on with most of it

I thought Broad and Vlastuin were good but it's hard to erase the memory of Broads season overall despite the last 2 weeks. Vlastuin perhaps a little harsh but I'm angry posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short needs a physio trained in stroke rehabilitation to re-teach him to keep his feet. He's constantly blown over by the wind of someone running around him. Also glad we traded for two elite midfielders in Hopper and Taranto who seemingly since they've become 'Richmond men' can't kick in a straight line over 15 metres.

I thought Broad and Vlastuin were good but it's hard to erase the memory of Broads season overall despite the last 2 weeks. Vlastuin perhaps a little harsh but I'm angry posting.
I’m still failing to see how Broad has had a bad of a year as what some say? Think he plays his role pretty well and is a senior head to have down there.

Haha, angry posts are the most honest posts

I’m gonna get a Thai massage then Eat Chinese food
Just like Richmond there will be no happy ending and you'll feel sick afterwards

Expectations are to high with you lot. Our position is the result of equalisation measures and an unrelenting year of injuries. We haven’t had decent draft picks for years and it showed today with the lack of polish on the outside. Stick fat and stop hammering the coach and players. The club will turn it around starting with great draft hand over the next couple of years. Go Tiges!
this.gif

AFL still trolling us over that 2022 elim arc **** up - today reviewed a ball that sailed over the point post - was correctly viewed as no clear evidence and so umpires call

I swear I am gonna take my bitterness at that decision 2 years ago to my grave…
tumblr_ovscnmAMZx1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

It is embarrassing to come last and get the spoon. There is nothing good about it. It’s all very well to say we’ll get the No.1 pick, but I would put money on it that we will stuff it up anyway and end up with spuds.

Short is absolutely putrid, I never want to see him again. You’d swear sometimes he’s deliberately trying to help the opposition.

I didn’t really want to trade Bolton, but I’m sick and tired of his half-assed efforts. He doesn’t seem to care anymore so we should get the best deal we can for him.

Dusty is beyond cooked and should retire. I can’t see what possible value he would be to GC. They don’t need him anyway. He shouldn’t embarrass himself any further.

Whilst I’m grateful for all he has done for Richmond, I feel that other than the flags and financially, Benny Gale is leaving us in as bad a position as when he took over. That may seem harsh but he said he wanted us to be like Geelong, well run and always contending. Well we’re nothing like that.

I finally concede, my favorite player Jayden Short has to be dropped. He’s a liability out there.

Hopefully get up his confidence in the VFL next week. Why not try him up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Back