Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Top 5 v North

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It is embarrassing to come last and get the spoon. There is nothing good about it. It’s all very well to say we’ll get the No.1 pick, but I would put money on it that we will stuff it up anyway and end up with spuds.

Short is absolutely putrid, I never want to see him again. You’d swear sometimes he’s deliberately trying to help the opposition.

I didn’t really want to trade Bolton, but I’m sick and tired of his half-assed efforts. He doesn’t seem to care anymore so we should get the best deal we can for him.

Dusty is beyond cooked and should retire. I can’t see what possible value he would be to GC. They don’t need him anyway. He shouldn’t embarrass himself any further.

Whilst I’m grateful for all he has done for Richmond, I feel that other than the flags and financially, Benny Gale is leaving us in as bad a position as when he took over. That may seem harsh but he said he wanted us to be like Geelong, well run and always contending. Well we’re nothing like that.
wonder where we'd be if we got the leg ups from the cfl that the scats get

Don't expect them to be players they were 4 years ago. Expect them to be able to guide the young players by showing some effort. So far the only one that can hold his head high this year is Vlas. The rest of them can GTFO

Broad - Takes nice intercept marks but is borderline best 22 in my opinion.
Balta - Club have ruined him with the chopping and changing of his position. Yze also has no idea where he belongs. Amateur the way he is handled.
Miller - Still hanging onto his game against Curnow but has been abysmal since. Not sold. Too weak a footballer to be the premier full back. Where's Blight?
Trezise - Can't kick the footy at all. Couldn't care less about any other attribute when he's skills are as bad as they are.
Vlastuin - Good player, started the season well. Makes a lot of horrible mistakes also but he's not alone.
Rioli - Good as gone, refused contact. Take the 2 first rounders and run. Has served the RFC well and a Richmond champ but the rebuild is well and truly on.
Ralphsmith - A shining light this season. Whatever he lacks in the skill department he makes up in his endeavor and hard running.
Prestia - Workhorse. Tried hard all day but his skills are waning and his unreliable on the injury front. 1 more year as we need some senior players around the club.
Banks - Doesn't want contact. Jury is out for me.
Mansell - Tries his guts out. But wouldn't get a game at most clubs if we're being honest.
Baker - Gone, served us well but we need the draft picks.
Green - Shame about the injury but was unsighted and until he was injured, I had no idea he was even playing.
Bolton - Terrible game, still want him to stay on but if he's checked out as much as he was today then he's cooked with us.
Martin - Hate to say it but not even a shadow of his prime. It's time.
Kozi - The least of our problems but cannot be our number 1 forward. If Lynch has another season like this year we are ****ed. As a number 2 or 3 he will be a threat.
Nank - Got absolutely smashed all day. Underdone? A worry.
Taranto - Will always win the footy but horrible disposal and often flat footed. GWS had the right players around him, we don't.
Hopper - Again looks flat footed. Might be a fitness issue. Needs a proper pre-season but it didn't look good today
Short - How he won a B&F is beyond me. Gives away a minimum of 3 goals a game. Consistently squibs contests. Shouldn't play another game for the rest of the season.
Brown - Plenty of talent but no edge to his game. Swinging him forward isn't the answer.
Campbell - Runs hard, tries hard, I'm not sure he is really as good as some posters claim.
Jack Graham - I'm honestly surprised West Coast are interested. Crab.

The draft can't come soon enough.
geez mate you are so wrong on so much of this.

Don't expect them to be players they were 4 years ago. Expect them to be able to guide the young players by showing some effort. So far the only one that can hold his head high this year is Vlas. The rest of them can GTFO
Nank been alright and broad lately

It is embarrassing to come last and get the spoon. There is nothing good about it. It’s all very well to say we’ll get the No.1 pick, but I would put money on it that we will stuff it up anyway and end up with spuds.

Short is absolutely putrid, I never want to see him again. You’d swear sometimes he’s deliberately trying to help the opposition.

I didn’t really want to trade Bolton, but I’m sick and tired of his half-assed efforts. He doesn’t seem to care anymore so we should get the best deal we can for him.

Dusty is beyond cooked and should retire. I can’t see what possible value he would be to GC. They don’t need him anyway. He shouldn’t embarrass himself any further.

Whilst I’m grateful for all he has done for Richmond, I feel that other than the flags and financially, Benny Gale is leaving us in as bad a position as when he took over. That may seem harsh but he said he wanted us to be like Geelong, well run and always contending. Well we’re nothing like that.
Can't really argue with any of this.... But in gales defence, he probably didn't count on Dimma betraying the club, players and supporters and shitting where he eats.

Coming off a flag, Gale and Peggy couldn't sack him but his shenanigans grew a cancer in the club that still needs some treatment.

We'll be OK I think. The next 50 games will be very tough to watch though.

Nank and Broad have been pretty good all season too, and Rioli Bolton and Baker were good early.

Interestingly

Rioli, Baker and Bolton have all dropped off over the past few weeks or months.

Will see if there is any truth to the rumors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully those behind the scenes can see what needs to be done and actually have the balls to pull the trigger and make the changes. As I said earlier this week, decisions that are made over the next 2 months are either going to set us up for a rebuild that can achieve sustained results or it can condemn us to an era in the wilderness where we hover around mid table for a few years and then head back to the bottom again.

When Hardwick took over we went hard with the list changes with Bowden Johnson Richardson Brown Coughlan Hughes JON Pattison Pettifer Polak Putt & Silvester all being cut which allowed us to start the list build in the manner that Hardwick wanted. We now have the same decisions to make with at least 10-12 senior and younger players that can be cut/traded/retired off without hesitation to allow Yze to start building the list that he wants.

He inherited Hardwicks list, that was built for what Hardwick wanted and he has done as best he can with that list and an unbelievable injury list, but it's clear that there are issues behind the scenes that are also hampering the way the team performs.

So lets swallow our pride, accept where we're at and go about fixing the club so that we're back to being a contender and a side that we can be proud to see take the field because right now there is no pride in what we're dishing up.

Hard day at the office. Really wish I hadn't attended today and I didn't see too many positives. Most of the senior players are in career worse form, in no way are they playing for the coach. Also I think our youth is well below the level of almost every other club. Two things stood out among the many negatives, the lack of any kicking penetration, our players can't kick more than 40 metres when kicking for goal and many of them cannot hit targets even when they're 20 metres away. The handball element is ok in our running chains but when it comes to the last kick in the chain you have to close your eyes, the forward will lead to a spot on the ground, the incoming kick invariably favours the opposition defender. There were some occasions today where the chain clicked but against Norf it should have been far more frequent. You can lead inside 50s all you want, we should have a metric that assesses the quality of the I50. They also kick to deep pockets far too often, and the crumbers are ordinary. The forward setups and strategy were bewildering, it's like the players have no idea what to do.

With all this I need to mention some notable players as they were horrendous, Short who simply isn't AFL level, Miller who cannot man up to his opponent and whose decision making is poor (punches when ought to mark, misses targets when there's pressure), Green, Graham, Macintosh (waste of a sub). Although I'm a fan of Nank, how often does he kick across the ground and turn it over, it's happening almost every game. It was a very winnable game, I'm not interested in the number 1 draft pick, I well remember Lounder, Banik. I want to see my team try their best and execute the basics of Football. BTW, the Norf supporters around us were cheering like they had won the flag, there were tears of joy coming from them, almost had a tear myself, the team from a few years ago is unrecognizable.

Skills were poor but the effort was there.
Disagree. Some of Norths goals are to open men in their fwd line. Doesn't happen if their is effort.
There was one where Tarantos man ran off from outside their 50 after winning a hit out and kicked a goal. Taranto and the rest of the midfield slowly jogged after him in the 2nd quarter. That's not effort.

Why did Dusty play? He’s obviously not right.
Is not right temporarily i.e carrying an injury, or are we seeing Dusty in his twilight and this is the best he has, starting to wonder. To me he is a shell of his old self physically and mentally.

Where is the attitude, tongue out, push and shove of his opponent, a bit of agro, fist pumps etc etc. I know we have been smacked most weeks but as a senior player at least that sort of attitude can lift the team.

I hate to think it and really hate to say it but I think it's just time to accept that we will never see Dusty as we know him again (as I wipe a tear from my eye).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast, Toast & Changes for Saints

Back