Autopsy Roast & Toast R18 vs Brisbane & Changes for R19 vs Geelong

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win 4 out of 5 of the remaining games, we will be thereabouts. Essendon and WCE are the only real challengers for our spot in the eight. St Kilda and GWS have a much tougher run home. And Freo should drop off. This weekends game against the Cats is huge. Win that and we have our destiny more in our hands even though without Dusty makes it that much harder in the run home.
4 of 5 will definitely make it.
3 should.
Interstate Elimination final looks likely.

4 of 5 will definitely make it.
3 should.
Interstate Elimination final looks likely.

Elim final against Sydney but with lockdown the way it is, could be played anywhere!

After this season is done I won’t be watching AFL again it’s absolute a farce why don’t the bloody players go out on strike over this and all fans don’t turn up to the games this will send the message to the AFL enough is enough
its already started no one turned up to watch saints and power ,,you maybe onto something

And the overrated Raynor. They should just stick to rugby, clueless campaigners.

We have 8 out and lost Dusty and Macca during the game and still beat them by 20.

Prestia
Edwards
Vlustuin
Houli
Balta
Broad
CCJ

Actually, it’s Soldo, Broad, CCJ, Prestia, Edwards, Houli, Balta, Vlaustin. Now we add KMac and Dusty to the list. If the cats lose to us next week. Oh boy, wowee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, here me out, 2 points -
1 - did the lions players contribute in any way to “the dangerous” tackles by lurching forward trying to draw in the back which therefore leaves the head exposed?
2 - is the league and umpires trying to tell us that us, Richmond, the best pressure team of 4 years don’t know how to tackle properly and 17 other teams do?

Okay, here me out, 2 points -
1 - did the lions players contribute in any way to “the dangerous” tackles by lurching forward trying to draw in the back which therefore leaves the head exposed?
2 - is the league and umpires trying to tell us that us, Richmond, the best pressure team of 4 years don’t know how to tackle properly and 17 other teams do?

i mean, weve been getting closer and closer to the point where if you engage in a tackle and the bloke hits his head on the ground its a free

was only a month or so ago someone went to the tribunal for a perfect run down tackle that unfortunately had the ball carrier hit his head on the ground and koed himself

i mean, weve been getting closer and closer to the point where if you engage in a tackle and the bloke hits his head on the ground its a free

was only a month or so ago someone went to the tribunal for a perfect run down tackle that unfortunately had the ball carrier hit his head on the ground and koed himself

Okay, so the umps got 4 right and missed another 20 last night then.

Dusty out for the season
And?

it wasn't a cheap shot, it was 2 hard nuts going for the ball and Dusty unfortunately came off second best.

And?

it wasn't a cheap shot, it was 2 hard nuts going for the ball and Dusty unfortunately came off second best.

I agree, somewhat - but, if we are fining blokes for tackles that COULD have been dangerous (ultimately no one got injured from any of these tackles, so none were actually dangerous - only "potentially") - yet we allow players to get very serious injuries from collisions where the player instigating the contact never made a serious attempt at getting the ball themselves...... then where do draw the line of "protecting the players" ? I fail to see how the actual intent of our "not dangerous, but could have been dangerous" tackles vs the intent of body contact collision which Robinson made, where he made no real attempt to win possession of the ball.... i just don't get how the AFL are prioritising player safety in now classifying normal, strong tackles "dangerous" vs endorsing and allowing "big hard bumps" like Robbo or Mackay as its essential to maintaining "the fabric of the game".

Its all so so broken.

I, personally, would much rather see strong hard tackles be endorsed in our game, over hard body on body collisions where players run at unrealistic speeds at another player in a ridiculous "attempt" to win possesion of the ball. Robbo's contact was much like that of Mackay a few weeks ago. The speed and force to which he ran at Dusty to "play the ball" was completely unrealistic to him ever actually "winning the ball". The force and contact made by Robbo was never to "win possession". It was always about playing the opponent, which is how most of us got taught how to play the game.

How a "hard tackle" has somehow became more of a player safety issue than people using their bodies to be human cannonballs is beyond me. Personally, I would prefer both be retained in the game - but how the AFL chose one over the other is beyond comprehension in my eyes...

Last edited:
Watched the replay twice after getting home from work this morning, thought it was a decent game of football.
Rapt for Jack R, not only was it a great win for the team but also a brilliant individual performance from the man himself.
A few observations;
Nankervis and Lambert both huge and showed just what we have missed.
Dan Rioli was sublime in the back half, energetic, quick and composed.
Shai Bolton is a beautiful footballer to watch and is yet to peak.
Cholly!!! Four goals and competed well all night... build on this.
Grimes was fantastic, Astbury solid and Garth was good defensively.
Stack was very, very promising and Short was Short.
Thought Lynch did a lot of bullocking work and was instrumental in Jack getting off the leash.
Jack Graham, Marlion Pickett and Liam Baker are so dependable, tough and good users.
Jack Ross showed real grunt when introduced... credit to him.
The skipper showed that he ain't finished just yet.
Matt Parker - A very solid debut, great tackle numbers and put his head over the ball at all times... promising.
I like what Mansell brings, hard as nails and good disposal, keeper.
Jake & George, this season's designated whipping boys and the target for this boards keyboard warriors. They may not be setting the world alight but they both busted their arses on behalf of the TEAM, never hid and as long as the MC keep picking them they are deserving of support.
Bad luck for KMac who was probably playing his best quarter for the year until his hammy.
Even worse luck for Dusty :( No doubt he will come back bigger and better... in fact, back him in for another Norm Smith/Brownlow double in 2022.

Regardless of this year's result I firmly believe that we are very well positioned for next year and beyond.
Really, really good win against good opposition.

I agree, somewhat - but, if we are fining blokes for tackles that COULD have been dangerous (ultimately no one got injured from any of these tackles, so none were actually dangerous - only "potentially") - yet we allow players to get very serious injuries from collisions where the player instigating the contact never made a serious attempt at getting the ball themselves...... then where do draw the line of "protecting the players" ? I fail to see how the actual intent of our "not dangerous, but could have been dangerous" tackles vs the intent of body contact collision which Robinson made, where he made no real attempt to win possession of the ball.... i just don't get how the AFL are prioritising player safety in now classifying normal, strong tackles "dangerous" vs endorsing and allowing "big hard bumps" like Robbo or Mackay as its essential to maintaining "the fabric of the game".

Its all so so broken.

I, personally, would much rather see strong hard tackles be endorsed in our game, over hard body on body collisions where players run at unrealistic speeds at another player in a ridiculous "attempt" to win possesion of the ball. Robbo's contact was much like that of Mackay a few weeks ago. The speed and force to which he ran at Dusty to "play the ball" was completely unrealistic to him ever actually "winning the ball". The force and contact made by Robbo was never to "win possession". It was always about playing the opponent, which is how most of us got taught how to play the game.

How a "hard tackle" has somehow became more of a player safety issue than people using their bodies to be human cannonballs is beyond me. Personally, I would prefer both be retained in the game - but how the AFL chose one over the other is beyond comprehension in my eyes...
I've got no issue with what happened. Unfortunate incident nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back