Autopsy Roast & Toast R19 vs Geelong & Changes for R20 vs Fremantle

Best vs Geelong

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder why caddy did not get a run?
Let me guess Dimma has the :poo: with him. I feel for the guy given so much and he repays him this way. He set him up to fail from hb to wing so on and hf where he plays his best footy never sighted.

Looking forward to watching the VFL next week hopefully
Hoping we see a number of today’s side in the
VFL next week. We need to be shuffling our list to see who can make it and go to the draft with as strong a hand as possible. Finals are possible but unlikely to get past the first final

Look, lets hope that we don't make finals, the team looks like it could use an extra few weeks in the gym and on the track over the preseaon. We need spend some time with the Storm and get some tackling practice and strength. Players had a huge crack and that is something I can be proud of but the skill errors were always going to happen. We are basically have a VFL backline with Grimes and Astbury there.

Lacking confidence and fitness - something that can be regained over a great off season.

It's getting harder and harder for me to defend Castagna. He works hard, but he is just not having any impact whatsoever. The problem we face, if we do blood MRJ, is that his fitness is poor. Castanga's main weapon is his ability to run. And run. And run. It's not a like for like replacement. They're both small forwards, but they are vastly different types. MRJ is going to be more like a Papley or Liam Ryan - stay close to home. Castagna roams far and wide. But at the moment, nothing is more obvious than the fact that our midfield is woefully short of depth and class when stacked next to the big boys and our forward line is dysfunctional. Our key forwards, particularly Jack, haven't been bad. Lynch has had an interrupted season. But it is their lot in life as KPF to have quiet days - and when they did previously, we relied on a spread of mediums (Caddy in 17/18, Martin his whole career) and smalls (Edwards, Rioli, Castagna, Lambert) to provide a score. These things aren't happening. Something needs to change in the mix and we have nothing to lose by rolling the dice, as we did with Parker, today. I think MRJ is likely to debut before the season is out, particularly if and when finals become a mathematical impossibility.

When you touch it five or six times and barely lay a tackle, all that supposed hard-running is wasted and influential.
He could run a record 42km in a game, but if you don't get near it or impact the contest, it's detrimental.
Move him on - take Aarts as well - and reconfigure and reimagine the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what to make of that.

First quarter was solid, but our skills were horrible early.
Second quarter we played a shit 15-20 minutes and lost the game in that patch.
Third quarter was good, but we butchered our chances
Last quarter was meh because it was over. At least we were able to hit the scoreboard.

Rioli a nice positive off half back.

Last edited:
What part of that game did you see CCJ doing better than Chol ?
Hes injured atm brother, ive seen more out of him this season than chol.
At least hes on the park more than 55% of game time and doesnt shirk a contest every second.

NO MIDFIELD, TOO SLOW and no DEPTH, but our major problem is Cotchin , Edwards , Astbury , Castagna and no Meatball. Ralphsmith should be playing before Aarts and as on the odd occasion Chol puts in , he's basically not good enough. Never expected to win today and early on in the the year I thought we'd struggle to make the 8, but based on our last 4 seasons I thought once the cavalary arrived we'd be good again. Unfortunately our cavalry looks shot.
Thanks for the last 4 seasons Tigers, but it's now time to look into the glass ball and see where our future is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back