• 44. Seth Campbell

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • 46. Ben Miller

Votes: 18 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Been saying it forever.
Balta and gibcus should be our 2 pillars down back.
Balta should NEVER play forward again. He is an elite backman. Hopefully Yze has realised this now and to not ruin his career. He was amazing tonight and truly has been an amazing defender. He’s still young.

Brown - incredibly underrated. Will replace vlastuin’s role eventually

Kosi - never want to see you again.

Starting mids with all fit players should be - Taranto, hopper and mcAuliffe for 2025

Ralphsmith, reminds me of a young mcIntosh. Will probably be a similair player - doesn’t stand out..just does what’s needed most weeks.

Good to finally get a win..although pick 2 slipping away. I think this year pick 2 is the same as pick 3/4/5 anyway. Not sure there are clear standouts.

Outs - Ryan, Koschitzke
Ins - Martin, Lynch

One of those 2 will need to stay in to back up ruck.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a lot better the last couple of weeks. There was one major **** up that had me yelling at the tv. He has a bit or work to do to win me back fully though.
He was a lot better, but there were a handful of times where the ball was there to be won and he held back. Apart from that he was better than he's been all year.

And while we're on underperforming senior players, I thought McIntosh and Graham were also pretty good. I've been critical of both for a while (with reason), but that was probably the best either has played all year. That has to be the standard now.

Last edited:
All the D*ckHeads who brought the knives out 1 month ago don’t even deserve to have a smile at this win. While they’re not a top team atm it was huge to beat Adelaide in Adelaide wearing our ‘17 strip after a couple of “honourable” losses.

Midfield:

Taranto; heaps of contested possessions. 8 tackles and is the body in the center we need. He would have been such a good fit in our dynasty years. Love we got him.

Baker, let’s just say he better stay 🫡.

Dow is still a no from me (he’s the out for me with Hopper back soon). McAuliffe on the other hand 🤩 deadest gun. Sonsie out for Dusty this week.

I don’t want to see any more stats about how much Hugo runs a game. I only care about impact and he’s got room for improvement there imo, but has been good. Nank was big ; but Ryan is no long term replacement for mine.

Defence:

Balta ; he’ll be an AA defender at some point, as Floss should be already. With Brown & Miller seriously improving (and Gibcus to return) we are gonna be a deep fortress for years to come. Or at worse have great trade potential on 1-2 of them. Rioli with great run as always; Short plenty of it but still see him as a trade potential for us.

Forward:

Plenty to like up forward; our smalls will mop up with Lynch is back.

Mansell putting together serious forward pressure consistency. 8 tackles as well. Can’t ask much more from him. Up yours to the Mansell haters.

Cumbo creates opportunities; Short King was a target on a night we had none, goes quiet at stages or does dumb shit but love him.

Bolton a class above at moments.

Campbell with some clutch moments.

Maybe I’m just high from this winning feeling after a decent drought but life’s good. Next week looks to be a great game. Sad we won’t get to have Lefau with Lynch back.

Just kicking myself a bit. We have been very competitive over the last couple weeks despite injuries, we had Prestia, Taranto and Bolton coming back in and Adelaide are not going to well.

Just wish I put a bet on. We were going at $5 before the game and I thought we were a good chance to to win.

He was a lot better, but there were a handful of times where the ball was there to be won and he held back. Apart from that he as better than he'd been all year.

And while we're on underperforming senior players, I thought McIntosh and Graham were also pretty good. I've been critical of both for a while (with reason), but that was probably the best either has played all year. That has to be the standard now.
Graham pretty good last week too as the sole senior midfielder.
I seriously wonder how much injuries have held him back the last couple of years or so.
He was never going to be one of the best midfielder in the comp, but he made a great start to his career and had just tailed off after 2020.
Unfortunately he doesn't command a spot in the team any more and if he shows reasonable form for the rest of the season and we can get a decent compo pick, I'd be happy to see him extend his career elsewhere.
Macca very similar. Might be worth a list spot if we have space. You can never question his effort, just doesn't hurt teams often enough on attack. Not sure if we need both him and Pickett next year. Pickett does offer a lot more versatility of the two.

That’s it, Yze will no doubt have a word with him
And if he does it again he deserves to be punished
Yeah I think people are harping on a little bit over it now

I was absolutely filthy at the time and it does take the sheen off what was a really nice game from Cumbo but I’m not going to hang him for it either

He’s not the first player to give away a stupid free and won’t be the last

What was pleasing for me is that even with the brain fade he didn’t go into his shell in the last qtr and kept presenting

Been saying it forever.
Balta and gibcus should be our 2 pillars down back.
Balta should NEVER play forward again. He is an elite backman. Hopefully Yze has realised this now and to not ruin his career. He was amazing tonight and truly has been an amazing defender. He’s still young.

Brown - incredibly underrated. Will replace vlastuin’s role eventually

Kosi - never want to see you again.

Starting mids with all fit players should be - Taranto, hopper and mcAuliffe for 2025

Ralphsmith, reminds me of a young mcIntosh. Will probably be a similair player - doesn’t stand out..just does what’s needed most weeks.

Good to finally get a win..although pick 2 slipping away. I think this year pick 2 is the same as pick 3/4/5 anyway. Not sure there are clear standouts.

Outs - Ryan, Koschitzke
Ins - Martin, Lynch
who's back up ruck?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Adelaide and Changes for #Dusty300 v Hawks

Back