Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Top 5 v Carlton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Blight will be a gun. Awesome first game.
Hopper good
Taranto good
Kozi had a crack
Mansell plays well when he's pissed off
Nank is the same
Liked Millers game

Short, Graham terrible
Bolton is all x factor, still tries to do the hollywood mark or kick every time he gets the pill.
Not sure if it was on purpose but for whatever reason Miller copped match ups on some of the smalls who really put him under the pump and kicked goals on him

Was really good when on Curnow but yeah let a few passed when he was on Williams early
Need to make sure he doesn’t cop the match ups on these smaller boys because it’s not in his wheelhouse

Tempted to just play all our kids from the VFL and drop every lazy senior player.

Our senior guys have all lost the hunger or are just now done.

Positives Blight, so good for a first gamer, we have someone to add to our backline as both he and Miller did their jobs today. Just a shame the rest of the team let them down

Nice to see Taranto and Hopper back in the middle
Considering the amount of footy Hopper has missed he didn’t really miss a beat

Hopefully they both stay on the park for the rest of the year
We’re screwed without them. Only reason why we lost by 60 points and not 100 points

1719735115015.png

secret smell GIF

Taranto, Hopper, Blight, Miller, Rioli, Kozi, Balta and Nank were good.

Graham, Short, Mansell and Bolton were pedestrians.

We won the free count for the second time this year, and I can't complain too much about the umpires, but they changed the momentum of the game along with Graham's 3 turnovers.

Blight's game was the highlight for me, and combined with Miller, they were magnificent against McKay and Curnow. These two missed their weekly allotment of 6-7 frees or non marks, and if this was a game against another top 8 side, they might have lost the game.

Graham is gone, and if Bolton wants out then lets grab some high draft picks now. Can't rebuild the side with a show pony - would rather hungry youngsters. If Baker wants out - I would understand, but NO WAY do we move on Rioli. Would have been a 100 point smashing without him.

Need to cash in and grab draft picks in the next 2 years - but we will be better with players returning from injury.

Out - Graham, Mansell, Dusty (managed)
In - Green, Gray, Prestia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if it was on purpose but for whatever reason Miller copped match ups on some of the smalls who really put him under the pump and kicked goals on him

Was really good when on Curnow but yeah let a few passed when he was on Williams early
Need to make sure he doesn’t cop the match ups on these smaller boys because it’s not in his wheelhouse
Good experience tho backline for me is not our worry.

Tempted to just play all our kids from the VFL and drop every lazy senior player.

Our senior guys have all lost the hunger or are just now done.

Positives Blight, so good for a first gamer, we have someone to add to our backline as both he and Miller did their jobs today. Just a shame the rest of the team let them down
A few to many relying on the kids to carry them.

Despite losing by 61 points, I saw some positives today.

• Miller was outstanding down back wearing Curnow like a glove, and Blight had a very solid debut.
  • Kosi played his best game for the club and took a couple of nice pack marks which we haven't seen much of from him.
  • Sonsie had a nice game across half forward
  • Vlastuin got tagged and it had no effect on his game. Vlastuin > Tom Stewart.

With Dusty likely out I'd look at bringing in a third tall up forward so we can see what Gray can do at the level.

I'd also like to see Banks get a full game playing at half back. I'd move Short to half forward (probably in place of Graham) to accommodate this.

Even though he was quiet today, I hope they persist with McAuliffe for another week.

Good games from Miller, Nank, Kosi, Rioli, Taranto, Hopper, KMac

Would like to list some more younger names in there, but it is what it is.

Graham woeful
Sonsie poor
Campbell really poor
Bolton showpony
Short GTFO
Our midfielders including Hopper and Taranto were easily beaten by Blues midfield. If they were defenders you wouldnt say they were in our best.

Poor recruitment. Neither Taranto nor Hopper quick enough. I think only one can start in centre circle.

Good experience tho backline for me is not our worry.
Absolutely wasn’t pitting Millers game, he was really good but just noticed those particular match ups aren’t ones we should be letting happen

It’s more of a coaching problem that they need to sort out over a Miller problem

Blight was decent I thought. With a couple more games will clunk those marks he missed. I am really ready to see Graham not in the side anymore. I just do not see what he brings to our side to warrant games. McAullife looks better than Dow, and still think I’d prefer Balta back and find someone else to fill his spot in the forward line. I miss the days when we used to play like Carlton did today and just pile on an bunch of soul-destroying goals in a short period of time

Needed to go the knuckle after the touched non-call....
I went off at the ground

Security told me to calm down

Pulled out the old

“Why don’t you just kick it for him you useless campaigners and No wonder the umps are wearing Blue today”

With a few more naughty words thrown in 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Back