Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Top 5 v Carlton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was just so funny. I watched them leave on masse multiple times last year when they were losing in the 3rd quarter. Fragile bunch.
We left with about 3 minutes to go and there were more Blooze fans running for the trains out side the ground than ours, would normally stay to the end but the sore throat and cold finally got me, still turned up

Well it's either that or we kick straight to their intercept defenders
Our grubber kicks are going straight to their intercept defenders….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bottom stat, turnovers.
Ours tend to be really bad and often result directly in a goal.
Also we don't throw the ball as cleanly to players in space
This. Every team has turnovers but most happen kicking long to a wing or bombing forward. Ours happen in the corridor as we're flooding forward. Completely unforced duff kicks or handballs directed straight to oppo. It's basically a locked in goal back the other way every time. Not only does it hurt on the scoreboard it breaks the players spirits. You know who the culprits are.

Sat entire game in front of a smartarse blooze fruitcake who for the entire game kept yelling “free kick tigers, free kick tigers”…….Like wtf????
Like to see this clown come back to me after 7 years of negative free kick results

Sat entire game in front of a smartarse blooze fruitcake who for the entire game kept yelling “free kick tigers, free kick tigers”…….Like wtf????
Like to see this clown come back to me after 7 years of negative free kick results
shouldve threw him off level 4

I've found Carlton to have a disproportionately high amount of sped fans.

Equally depressing as the result was watching those Mark Coughlan highlights pre-game (see below) diving head first into oppos knees and coming away with a contested ball. He was on his way to becoming a 5 time Jack Dyer medallist if not for injury.

Graham : a negative 2.9 player rating … yes, minus 2.9. That’s from a 17 possession game. An almost impossible achievement. The game changed the moment he turned the ball over with a shocking 20m short pass .. we have the momentum of the game at that stage and walah…. it was gone.

He will get a 3-4 year decent money deal that’ll get us an end of second pick as a FA … will be very handy in a points swap. I’ve seen enough, Graham needs to move on and so do we.

Blight was a huge positive. He’s a beast. The amount of times he got a spoil in when he looked beaten was extraordinary. I don’t care about his rebounds or intercepts … that’ll come. I’m excited for our backline as they all develop - Miller, Balta, Brown, Blight and Gibcus are all under 25yo. As we saw with Rance, Grimes, Astbury and Vlastuin … when they had 50-games together the backline was a thing of beauty.

If Baker stays he needs to be a permanent small defender. We held McKay and Curnow to 2-goal games and still had 20 goals put on us. Spuds Fantasia and Fogarty slotted 7-goals FFS. Baker is not a consistently good midfielder or forward. He’s an outstanding small defender/rebounder. He uses the ball well which we desperately need out of defence. That’s his role … lock him in there.

A fairly predictable result, and a bit to like as when it got to 42-13 it looked for all money like a 100-point annihilation… to get genuinely back into the game and within 5 points was promising against an almost full strength Carlton.

I hope we are fairly ruthless at seasons end so we enter 2025 with one of the comp’s youngest lists, not oldest as we are this season. A couple of top-2 picks in back to back years and we will bounce back quickly as our backline will be supreme by 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Try reading the whole 12 pages
You will be drooling in the corner
Anyone saying Dusty retire immediately or Yze stand down is a f....g moron. If people wanna suggest their changes, no worries. I want Graham dropped, but given the injury crisis at the club, it's unlikely. I accept that. But some of the comments, man, embarrassing.

Concerning we are getting smashed every week in the midfield given that looks our strongest area on paper at the moment. We look to have found one in Blight and the improvement in Ralphsmith, Campbell and the like is noticeable week to week. Sharpen up the midfield and get some troops back and i don't reckon the club is in too bad of shape

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Carlton & Changes for Fremantle

Back