Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, I think Mansell worked his way into the game well.

Also, going to put this out there, I reckon Cumbo wasn’t entirely terrible. Showed improvement on previous weeks.
Really have to loook at how dirty the ball was coming into the forward line, hard for the half forwards to do much with the quality being given to them.
Cumbo gets judged on his own standard like the pies do by the umps.
Just stop. He is shithouse and won’t make it

only another 7 to go
Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Waiting for the draft like

Watching the Giants game I realised that Joe Fonti, a guy drafted at 44 last year, looks better in his debut than anyone we've picked since 2017 has in just about any game (excepting Maurice Jr as a father-son who played a few good games this year).

I'm not a fan of Yze's strategy but I reckon he's trying to keep the margins low because he knows he doesn't have the cattle. If we tried to play like 2017 with this list we'd go down by 200 points. Having no transition-play makes sense when your players can't run or kick. Better to go for stoppages given that Taranto, Nank and Hopper are actually AFL-tier players which means we can compete there.
you are giving yze way too much credit if you think he has a strategy...

This is on the recruiters. Blindsided is what management said they were losing both CCJ and Chol in one go. Had our strongest draft hand since 2004 a few weeks later and they pick up a KPD, mid, 2 x hbf, hf. We've not spent a decent pick on a KPF since Riewoldt. Can't expect midseason and preseason spuds like Bradtke and Bauer to kick on. I doubt Ryan makes it as his opponent only has to break wind and Ryan capitulated. We're forced to play Balta up forward for now. Besides he kicked 3 last week and set up 4 goals tonight including giving off 2 to Bolton that he could've easily kicked himself.

👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if that is the case. Why have so many senior players regressed so heavily this year? Taranto, Bolton, Short, Broad, Graham. This list goes on. The coaching panel clearly isn't motivating the list.

Those are seasoned professional players. If they can’t take pride in their performance and need to be motivated to play good footy then they’re the wrong players to have at the club.

Not sure what you’re expecting. A Tommy Hafey rev up every quarter? These guys need to lead.

Those are seasoned professional players. If they can’t take pride in their performance and need to be motivated to play good footy then they’re the wrong players to have at the club.

Not sure what you’re expecting. A Tommy Hafey rev up every quarter? These guys need to lead.
Some hard conversations need to be had at years end with our seasoned guys. They need to buy in to leading during a rebuild or gtfo

Executed the game plan perfectly. Pick #1 coming up. Should be extending Yze’s contract IMO.

You really can’t fault our consistency. I think the scoreline was as good as identical when we played them six or seven weeks ago. But you can fault the scheduling. Why do we play these jokers every six weeks?

Don’t get the love for Campbell. Soft as jelly every week and hardly touches it. Much prefer steely playing.
Miller is Pathetic- just another spud defender.
Sonsie can go.
Short the stat paddler useless again.
Not many in this team showing any heart.

Never in a million years after the shitness we went through for all those years would I thi k we would see the same scenario again repeat itself again after how great we became in the last 8 years .
Yes I thought we would drop a tad but not to this shitness level,
Yeah its a cluster **** of bad decisions. End of 2022, in a 2 KPF forward line, one ageing and one a bit injury prone, we should've drafted a JVR ready to go type. Spent the Hopper Tarranto $1.5 million on a KPF.

Bringing in Hopper AND Tarranto was completely unnecessary. While Cotchin, Prestia, Dusty, Graham, Bolton Ross were still on the list. Just ended up ****ing up the fwd line. Mansell, unfit Rioli etc. Bring in one mid as Cotch retired.

We stick with a 2 KPF fwd line and Lynch ~ our most important player plays 4 games after mismanaged injury. Ditto Gibcus & Brown & Soldo and the others.

Lynch and Balta/Kosi might've worked. We'll never know.

Meehan should've gone.

Last edited:
Back