Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Top 5 v Fremantle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

this time last year media was gushing over harley reid

they havent said anything about the low picks in the draft this year

idiotic from the club to try and make the finals in a caretaker coach year, that has never ended well for any other club

we could have had harley reid, instead we are going to get cale morton

And unfortunately for us, our next stars haven’t pulled on a Richmond jumper yet
Yep we have some pain to come but at least next year when you have that top youth there is some enjoyment watching them develop. This year there is nothing but hope of some kid that we don't know we will even draft 😂😂

this time last year media was gushing over harley reid

they havent said anything about the low picks in the draft this year

idiotic from the club to try and make the finals in a caretaker coach year, that has never ended well for any other club

we could have had harley reid, instead we are going to get cale morton
If we came last Reid would be a Giant bro :$

put the feelers out, paul connors (big sexy ) manages harley reid. connors loves dealing with Richmond

reid is homesick , nobody wants to live in wa

give them pick one for reid and tell them to draft a wa kid this time

put the feelers out, paul connors (big sexy ) manages harley reid. connors loves dealing with Richmond

reid is homesick , nobody wants to live in wa

give them pick one for reid and tell them to draft a wa kid this time
Nah let Eagles develop him. We will still be last in 2 years anyway. PSD

secret smell GIF

Yep we have some pain to come but at least next year when you have that top youth there is some enjoyment watching them develop. This year there is nothing but hope of some kid that we don't know we will even draft 😂😂
I think we are gunna need mininum 3 years of deep dips (multiple firsts and second rounders) into the draft to get back to being competative in 5 to 6 years time.

I think we are gunna need mininum 3 years of deep dips (multiple firsts and second rounders) into the draft to get back to being competative in 5 to 6 years time.
Agreed. We will be fine but it's going to take time. Few years of drafting and then pinching fringe players from top teams then hit FA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond midfielders need to be congratulated- they went up against a top 4 side and won the clearances. Does that mean we should assess our game plan - what are the strategy of our forward coaches - how many active and false leads do the forwards make do they run to to the boundary and open up the forward line or create a space for a forward to run into - they just bang it forward hoping for the best - we have done it before - cleared out the coaches and replaced them with better coaches that have actually have a strategy / plan !

if we are healthy next year and big sexy isnt injured we'll prob make the 8

we beat sydney remember

Richmond midfielders need to be congratulated- they went up against a top 4 side and won the clearances. Does that mean we should assess our game plan - what are the strategy of our forward coaches - how many active and false leads do the forwards make do they run to to the boundary and open up the forward line or create a space for a forward to run into - they just bang it forward hoping for the best - we have done it before - cleared out the coaches and replaced them with better coaches that have actually have a strategy / plan !
We may have won the clearances but ours are blind kicks that go 50m up and 40m forward. Freo multiple times handballed forward to a loose man who burst forward with a lace out pass to Treacy.

if we are healthy next year and big sexy isnt injured we'll prob make the 8

we beat sydney remember
Even in our darkest days we'd manage to knock off a top team every now and then. Injuries have played a part but even with our strongest 22 on the park all season we would be comfortably bottom 3.

For me it’s a combination of a couple of factors, one being no access to quality kids at the top of the draft due to success and trading.

The second factor is we just haven’t struck gold with our later picks like we had previously. For example We OWNED the rookie draft for a period there and selected a few diamonds in the rough, but since then it’s been slim pickings.

And I know he’s not gonna solve everything, but Gibcus losing 2 years of footy hasn’t helped. He should be on 50+ games now and would be starting to show real promise.
I'm fine with the Gibcus pick tbh. Although I still believe he was largely unremarkable in the games he played, it made sense at the time. We were in dire need of talented tall defenders. Also, I could see him become good one day from what I saw of him, and taller players sometimes take longer.

The highlight of this season for me was Matt Clarke leaving the club. He gave me the vibe that he thought he had more insight into players than other recruiters. Was bidding on rejected academy players like Cumberland and Nyuon whose clubs didn't even bother matching. Took 'bolters' (i.e., players that other experts didn't rate) with our earlier picks for no good reason. Neglected drafting needs like tall forwards, midfielders, and tall defenders until it was too late.

It's one thing for Bigfooty posters to act like they know better than other recruiting experts, but it's a whole other thing when that's done by recruiters getting paid to draft players.

Sayonara, ciao, and adiós.

Autopsy Roast & Toast v Fremantle & Changes for GWS

Back