Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll just copy paste my comment from the game day thread on my thoughts.

While the last qtr has been horrible, I have actually been happy with our competitiveness up to 3 qtr time.

I think a lot of our younger players shown a lot tonight. However I don't think many of them have the tank to run out a full afl game at this stage. It should come with experience and a few more pre-seasons.

Subbing Nank was a big mistake imo. Not only is he crucial to have in the ruck, but he is our captain and I think our players (Particularly our younger players) were lost and lacking direction from his presence on the field.

Pretty sure Nank would have been injured ! Last person we would be subbing out if fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to see one of our players go full on Mark Jackson on the umps, give away a 50 then get in the campaigners face tell him he is either the worst umpire in the comp or a cheating dog
Personally, I'd go with cheating campaigner.

Kozi was brutal tonight. He hasn't been bad the last month, but even then he is kicking 1 or 2 at most per game. When he is bad - like he was tonight and earlier in the year, he's legitimately a bottom 10 AFL player.

Don't get me started on Ryan. Haven't see him make a lead all year. Just expected to out mark players because of his height.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny was our youngest side for the year I’d say and at times that was some of the best ball movement we’d seen all year ,,,true dat. Was often an older player that coughed it straight up or kicked out on the full . Seth Campbell played some good footy , 17p , 7 score involves from that ,,,he keeps working hard , could turn into a qty midfielder
Makes complete sense ... premiership players still want to play how they always did ...

We get to 6 games left in the year and Smith and Tresize have had 1 full game for the season and Short is still stinking up the backline

What the **** has Yze achieved this year ... 15 games for Dow who can't do anything well other than handball ... taken Brown our most promising backman and moved him forward ...
Ralphsmith got better playing in the VFL under Morris ... moved Balta back and forward so many times he can't play either position now

18 players unavailable through injury and then our Captain concussed at 3qtr time. It was a pretty good effort.

Not sure what the ruck option will be next week. Kosi and Ryan were two disappointments on the night
Maybe you give OHB a debut ... he ain't ready but maybe you send a message to these two campaigners

You might want to consider the meaning of whinge. It is not whinging to point out a fact, based on observation and expressed in a rational manner. And if you are going to be critical, try doing so relevantly - imploring us to appreciate the change of guard is irrelevant to inconsistency in umpiring. You may have a point there somewhere but it is poorly made and fails to acknowledge the criticisms inherent in each of the posts you chose to “whinge” about
Whinging is when people only point out the negative without any positive. It happens so much on here that it's become the norm hence your response which carries an underlying notion of 'defend the whinge'. As far as umpiring goes just look at any game and you will see inconsistency. Hardly anything new.

Thought we really battled tonight. Few good signs from young guys. Broads out on the fulls really hurt us early and our tall forward options were diabolical. Kosi had an outright shocker and Ryan just looks so far off it. Mansell played his best game for us I thought, couple of his goals were beautifully put together.

Out - Ryan and Kosi
In - Bauer and basketball guy

Holy crap, the AFL write up mentions Dixon as the physical presence Port need to win a flag... Crickey. That wasn't true 5 years ago and it sure isn't now. Unless of course, the umpires continue to ignore his blatant shoves in the back.
Port had seasons where they finished top by a country mile and still couldn’t get the job done. They sure as hell aren’t going to do it now. Their flag window has closed. Soldo, Narkle and Jerk-Thatcher weren’t the missing pieces needed to the premiership team

some good signs with the kids..

Kozi, vfl material.
Ryan, cant see him doing anything other than vfl.
Hopper, just like TT with stat mongering and not much else, but doesnt win the ball half as much . another vfl candidate. too many chances not enough good games.
short no mojo.
We seriously need a CHF.

Mansell was great.
the kids played pretty well overall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back