Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sonsie (sub)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port aren't a 4th placed side, they won't play finals this year. Yes I know that after that win they shoot up but end of the round they'll be bottom 8 and likely to finish 9/10.
They're clearly a 7-10 placed side
Looking at there fixture very hard run home.

Carlton Marvel
Sydney AO
Melbourne MCG
Adelaide AO
Fremantle Optus

Looking at there fixture very hard run home.

Carlton Marvel
Sydney AO
Melbourne MCG
Adelaide AO
Fremantle Optus

Exactly, I don't think they make the 8.
Unfortunately the cats have an opposite run home 🤮

It was a good performance by the kids and couldn't really ask for more given the side we fielded but let's not get ahead of ourselves, port aren't a top side - they're stuck right in the middle of the comp

some good signs with the kids..

Kozi, vfl material.
Ryan, cant see him doing anything other than vfl.
Hopper, just like TT with stat mongering and not much else, but doesnt win the ball half as much . another vfl candidate. too many chances not enough good games.
short no mojo.
We seriously need a CHF.

Mansell was great.
the kids played pretty well overall.
Hopper to the VFL = that's crazy talk
too many chances? man's spent most of the year in the grand stand.

Have a look at the list of votes, and the guys who have received (at the time of writing this) 3 votes or less.
And it's largely made up of ....
  • Broad
  • Short
  • KMAC
  • Dow
  • Kozi
  • Ryan
  • HRS
  • Sonsie (before you jump in, yes I know he was sub, but pretty sure he would have still been on the list if he started)
All the guys that a fair number of people on here have been saying are not up to it, and should not get picked again. Yet we keep recycling those same players, but expect different output from them. If they remain on the list we will continue to go backwards. We have been in games for at least a half, but we can't run out a game because the young guys we have in do not have the games and conditioning under their belt. They should have been played ahead of these guys, and been racking up games. We would have still lost, but we would have more games into the kids.

Last edited:
A couple of things. Nank landed hard on his back at a centre bounce late in the third. I’m concerned whether he will get up for next week.
Our kick in game plan is so maddening. So predictable. And the stop and prop style of play is killing momentum and allowing teams to set up.
Some of our senior players should have a good hard look at themselves. The jumper has hit the floor. Dimma when he was up and about didn’t allow for that. Some truths need to be dished out behind closed doors by Yze.
After the live call ended we had a chat. We spoke about Paul Roos not playing guys who didn’t want to be there the following season. I’m kinda at that point.
I know i have said we can’t afford to do a Melbourne and get rid of all the experience, but, if you’re only happy for the good times and not prepared to work your way back up to it, then get the **** out of my club. And if that’s Bolton etc, then fine, thanks for the memories and f…. off. There’s a million kids who would die to be in your position.
The kids still look good and show promise. I got no beef with any of them. But our senior guys? Some of them were a ****ing embarrassment last night.

Ins: Bauer, Vlaustin, Graham, Taranto, Blight
Outs: Ryan, Short, Dow, Broad, Sonsie.

Balta forward, Blight covers back. Bauer can go in the forward line mix as we rotate rucks etc, the other two improve mid depth.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The draft is a worry as there’s a lot of talent but it doesn’t seem anyone is sure who is the absolute standout. It could up being the 3rd or 4th pick ends up the best player.
yep we are farrked ,

I don’t get the Yze criticism. Feels like some posters made calls early and whatever he does fits their narrative. He laughs which is bad apparently but does Dimma having a crack at his players after a poor game ok. How can you objectively assess that especially in isolation.

Team selections . My guess is he is not the only one making the decisions. In the Pre 2017 days you could identify the same things.
I am no Yze fan - I don’t like coaches who were receivers as players - prefer the tough nuts - that’s my bias but based on what I have seen this year I can’t see how you can say objectively he has been good or bad .

Let’s wait

Port aren't a 4th placed side, they won't play finals this year. Yes I know that after that win they shoot up but end of the round they'll be bottom 8 and likely to finish 9/10.
They're clearly a 7-10 placed side

Yes, and we were missing about 10 x best-23 players, had our captain concussed, and were highly competitive for majority of the match.

A lot to like from the last 2 x weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t get the Yze criticism. Feels like some posters made calls early and whatever he does fits their narrative. He laughs which is bad apparently but does Dimma having a crack at his players after a poor game ok. How can you objectively assess that especially in isolation.

Team selections . My guess is he is not the only one making the decisions. In the Pre 2017 days you could identify the same things.
I am no Yze fan - I don’t like coaches who were receivers as players - prefer the tough nuts - that’s my bias but based on what I have seen this year I can’t see how you can say objectively he has been good or bad .

Let’s wait
Most objective observers will agree that Yze has had a tough time trying to implement something new, post-Dimma as the pieces on the board keep disappearing. That said, at times it has been difficult to discern the game style save for the repetitive kick out down the right side which every oppo team worked out very early on. I have not been a fan of throwing players into unorthodox positions to fill holes (Eg Balta) but when you have so many holes, can we really be too critical when things don’t work? My guess is he has also been let down by certain senior players who routinely get mentions in these posts (KMac, Broad and Short to name a few). While our young kids make multiple errors each week, they are only kids and they are learning. The past few weeks have shown glimpses of a promising future. Still, I’d like to see a bit of mongrel from Yze on occasion to put a bit of fire back into the embers of our senior ranks

The draft is a worry as there’s a lot of talent but it doesn’t seem anyone is sure who is the absolute standout. It could up being the 3rd or 4th pick ends up the best player.
possibly true.. but christ we just need a new wave of rookies injected into the club. We don't need a stand out, we need a cluster of young talent over the next 3 drafts to turn our list around.
A big handful of our senior players are done.
Out with the old and in with the new.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & toast v Port and Changes v Pies

Back