Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ben Miller

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 27 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting midfield was Bolton Taranto & Hopper.
27 clearances, 26 score involvements, 17 inside 50’s, 16 tackles and 6 goals between them.

It’s not going to be that level of production every week but they need to build on that game. Because that’s our best three mids.
Those 3 together have a great mix of contrasting skill sets that really work well together as well

We have Hoppers bigger frame and inside work, Tarantos defensive work rate and ability to win his own ball and Bolton’s X factor and break away speed

Huge concerns with where Noah Baltas heads at.

His defensive work is very suspect right now.
He is consistently overcommitting in contests whether they be aerially or coming in along the ground.

He has missed targets and muffed kicks in recent weeks.

He just doesn’t look to have the mental resilience that a backman needs to have.

He isn’t a forward and isn’t a ruckman either. He’s a huge concern.

got hunky dorys
R49935.jpg

Great to get a win and actually hear the song being belted out after a game by the lads.
I think the Taranto and Hopper argument that we gave up first round picks for them is well and truly dead now. With our recent first round selections I doubt we would’ve picked two ready made A graders like them and they may not even exist . Prestia is still the smallest giant I’ve ever seen on a footy field and by God does he make us grow an extra leg. Great to also see the talented enigma in Bolton light up and put up a show for his old WA fans . Maybe we will get us our first two rounders back for Mr Magic 😂. Dusty was back to a 70% version of himself and looked better playing his old role.
Flossy returning to form was a big plus and with Broad were the standouts down back. Pickett was good with Rioli and Short.
My kids report
Mansell is a potato and needs vfl time and then delisted
HRS good link player with run , but needs an injection of testosterone
Clarke I’m happy with his progress and is showing similar potential as Sheds around the same age. I think with his leg speed and skill set he could develop into a player.
Cumberland is way out of sorts and down in confidence. Needs to mature in mental toughness as he has the the class to be a natural forward.
Ryan is a big talent and could be anything. Took four marks and is starting to hold his ground better in ruck contests.
Miller is strong and tough, but with a very limited skill set and I think is probably better off as a defender. I’m giving him a little neck room as he’s playing a role which is not suited to his natural game.
Ross down on last Year, but looking better and I think will get better with more games.

On the game plan with no Lynch we’re still messing around with it and delivery into FL is awful. Too much handball and often delivered poorly. Guys aren’t accelerating on the receive and look like they’re in slow motion. Overall our skills are below standards and I’m still concerned about our link work in the BL whether it can handle the pressure of a top eight team.
You had me until you said Miller was tough

Don’t get too excited, we played against a depleted bottom tier side.
But there were great signs…….
Dusty looked the best I’ve seen in a while.
shai killed it- could be amazingly consistent and Brownlow chance if he can get his mind right. (Next year)
Meatball was epic, gee we play well when he is playing well.
can we clone Baker?
balta needs to use his long kick more often.
picket best game of the year for him.

Cumbo, lost confidence and just not attracting the ball, back to the twos for him.
hugo showed spark.
Taranto not a play maker. Which I guess is better than not getting the ball.
real test in next week.

Don’t get too excited, we played against a depleted bottom tier side.
But there were great signs…….
Dusty looked the best I’ve seen in a while.
shai killed it- could be amazingly consistent and Brownlow chance if he can get his mind right. (Next year)
Meatball was epic, gee we play well when he is playing well.
can we clone Baker?
balta needs to use his long kick more often.
picket best game of the year for him.

Cumbo, lost confidence and just not attracting the ball, back to the twos for him.
hugo showed spark.
Taranto not a play maker. Which I guess is better than not getting the ball.
real test in next week.
Hardwick has ruined Cumberland’s confidence I’m not sure if can come back from it

He is consistently overcommitting in contests whether they be aerially or coming in along the ground.

He just doesn’t look to have the mental resilience that a backman needs to have.

might be a good idea to have both astbury and rutten in his ear over 3 or 4 half hour training drills/sessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ump right in the frame but didn’t reverse the free against Balta
Absolute dog act and won’t even be looked at by the mro either

He needs a reliable Astbury type to take the pressure off him so he doesn't feel the need to do too much. That's why we miss Tarrant so badly and why we're trying to get Ben McKay next year.

So should he be dropped to get form in the twos?

Ump right in the frame but didn’t reverse the free against Balta
Absolute dog act and won’t even be looked at by the mro either

Scum umpire does not deserve to umpire a game, to let the oppo get away with that crap!
If it was a RFC player it would be the Number one talking footy point all week!

He'll get better Alex Rance style... He has all the tools and hopfully starts learning from his mistakes.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Roast & Toast v West Coast Round 8, changes for Geelong

Back