Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Brisbane and changes for off season

Best 5 vs Brisbane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

we lost the player we needed the most. they lost too.
we couldn't find one person to slow Neale, he destroyed us.

Kids played as well as expected. My points.

Edwards should not have played this year based on his form. argue all you want but I called it early and he lost us games.
Stack should've replaced him or similar.
George should not have played based on his form, I called it early and he lost us games. should've put in Cumberland earlier.

So my point is that I'm not blaming the players, I'm having a go at our selection this year.

1. I am getting to worse posts than he is.
2. All mods mod differently, I am sorry I didn't get to it within 5 second.
Seriously, cut us some slack. You're not being murdered now is anyone in a life threatening situation becaus someone is trolling on an internet forum.

He has been banned.

Sorry all, this was a bit over the top snarky.

My guess is it wasn't a goal. But the goal umpire called it a goal and the evidence was insufficient to overrule. Pretty weird for a controversial moment to cost us a game again. How many times is that this season? Two or three?
It goes back to shai's goal against gws in 2017

the score review sucked flinders street underpass tile grout.

but that fail that let daniher goal... sheeeeee! that was BAAADDDDDDDDD DUUUUDE.

a lot to like and a lot to hate from the season, the game and lets face it, LIFE ITS OWN SELF.

CARN THE FAKREN PIES!!
I know.. the ball landed in the middle of Jack, Nank and Balta. Looked like Balta and Nank stopped each other from punching it through. Amazingly bad.

Learnt nothing from the close losses this year. Too man players lacked composure when it counted. Whether it was Miller's miskick, Rioli's kick or Baker kicking out on the full there were ample opportunities to win it easily. The Defence leaks goals and the mid-field lacks consistency and accountablity. Never get a better opportunity to beat Brisbane without Rayner and others and McInerney going down early.

Disappointing end to a disappointing year, it seems that if Richmond aren't at least 5 goals up in the last 5 mins they choke and find a way to lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, that was a season where I felt like we never quite got into top gear.

Great to see some kids given a run and have loved particularly what Bolton has brought this season, but a bit sad to see some of our stalwarts either handing up the boots or playing like they ought to.

Was a "meh" season, but still much better than some of the seasons of a decade or two ago!

Bring on 2023!!!

they changed the rules to
stop us

they didnt want us to win 4 flags in the modern era

wouldve made us the greatest club in history

we are the greatest club in history, left 2 flags on the table due to afl corruption

yellow and black 🐅🐅🐅
Sounds like we should celebrate

Your dungeon?
What time?

Dress code?

This might be against the grain but I felt we were
terrible almost all night. It was a close and exciting game but I felt we were really really poor and didn’t play well at all.

We fumbled. We dropped sitter marks. We turned it over. We slipped over at crucial stages. We missed easy targets. We had very few good players on the night and didn’t kick a goal in the last 20 minutes of a high scoring match ..… and still almost won.

I’m more disappointed with the way we actually played tonight than the result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Somewhat agree, but there was a lot of efforts i liked and admired - to hang in there with Prestia out was no slouch. It took a series of confusing 50m penalty call/non calls, a totally unlegit overturned goal in the dying stages to ice the game - plus a number of soft free kick goals to the Lions, 3 from Hipwood alone. But their were so many elements of this game that echoed my sentiment all year

Prestia is likely cooked - its painful as his best is still elite, but he just failed to hold up enough. Cotchin had some great performances, but not sure he has another year in him. When we injected youth like Sonsie, MRJ, Cumberland it changed our teams dynamic. I am not loving what i am seeing from Dusty at the moment. To me it looks like he should be deciding between retiring or playing on, with all respect to his known issues that led to him missing the entire season except the finals, he just lacked the level of ****s required to be given of a player like him. If this was his last game for Richmond, then his exit will be as much of a downer as Rances was - where his last full game was being towelled by Cox in that awful Prelim loss. Dustys lack of interest and accountability for the season had been a pretty lingering sub-plot for the year - that performance was only going to make that look worse. He struggled, just lacked the level of ****s i'd expect from him. I would have rathered we play Ralph-Smith than Dusty today, at least he would have treated the moment like gold.

It was such an unenjoyable season of AFL for me. My first year were i barely watched a game live. The rules and manipulation to our results was a sub plot all year and we just saw the worst of it play out in the final moments and change the result. That was outrageous. They didn't even take 30 seconds to review it. They overturned a goal with no video proof in 30 seconds

I’m not as disappointed as I thought I would be…but man…Brisbane probably going to get beaten by Melbourne/Sydney next week.

I’m with you .

I think the Dee’s would’ve smoked us , that would’ve been unbearable! Swans not so sure but can only speculate from now .

But I’m now going for whoever plays the CATTERS!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Off season:

Dusty - get fit or get out. An unfit Martin is a huge distraction. (In other words - if his injuries look serious, trade him and take the draft picks).
Gibcus - settle down, play most of the year in the 2s if necessary. Calm down, kid - you can play. But you have a lot to learn.
Cumberland - learn how to be a target. He doesn't take any pressure off Jack and Lynch. He takes fewer marks than Castagna. (He's good when he gets it).
Prestia - holiday in Germany. Don't want to see you for 3 months.
MRJ - learn how to kick. You can get the ball, but your disposal is terrible.
Jack, Cotch - one more year each if you want it. Not going to guarantee games in the firsts, though.
Get a centre clearance coach - We are terrible there, and have been for years. With 6-6-6 it's critical. Lions got at least 3 goals from winning the centre clearance and having an open forward line.

Look - this year, we lost 5 games by less than a goal (inc tonight) and won zero. It's not time to throw out everything and rebuild. We lost Lambert early (was never fit), and he was a huge loss. Grimes missed 8 games, Vlastuin missed 7 - Lynch missed 4, and we only won one of the games he missed (incl Sydney by 6 points, North by 3 and the draw with Freo. He also only played 5 minutes against Gold Coast, where we lost with a kick after the siren).

I'm upset we lost tonight (great game, if I'm honest), but the cards didn't quite fall for us this year.

Back