Prediction Round 10, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Gov (inj); In: H.Edwards (as bad as he was in WAFL yesterday, was good against Suns)
Out: Darling (susp.); In: Waterman (Darling will be stiff but suspect he might still get a week)
Out: Petch (inj.); In: Culley
Out: Sheed (omit); In: Trew (I'm sad on this - Sheed has been a great player for us but he just seems a liability right now, Trew being fresh after a couple weeks off I see as a positive and not sure Hall is ready).

I'm assuming Yeo won't be ready but if he is then he obviously comes in for Sheed. Saw enough of Dewar and Johnston to want them to get another game. Pleased with Ryan's effort after half time so he's safe for mine.

Will or wont darling get suspended?

Black And Red Ball GIF by South Park

I’d like to see Trew in to get some CBAs but is coming from a long way back having missed three weeks of touch/match fitness due to a combination of non-selection, a WAFL bye and concussion.

Culley on the WAFL game this weekend a more obvious choice but not sure he’s ready for a full game at AFL level.

Do we need HEdwards with no JVR? Fritsch is a medium forward at only 188cm but not sure on the match up for him. Barrass would go to Petty you’d think unless they bring Ben Brown in for JVR.

Simpson won't drop his favorites like Sheed. He'll keep the experience given that Gov and Petch will be out. If we go down by a big margin again you can well and truly say the funk has set in for the season. Hopefully we can provide some fight against Essendon but Melbourne are much better in my opinion.

Simpson won't drop his favorites like Sheed. He'll keep the experience given that Gov and Petch will be out. If we go down by a big margin again you can well and truly say the funk has set in for the season. Hopefully we can provide some fight against Essendon but Melbourne are much better in my opinion.
Pretty sure he dropped him the game against Essendon and he was a late call up when Maric got sick.

Has also dropped Gaff, but carry on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are trying to set standards than Ryan has to be dropped or made.the sub.

Did SFA for 3 quarters then decided to pull his finger out.
Wouldn’t be against us picking Oskar Smartt in the MSD so we didn’t have to play Ryan until he was ready to put in a four quarter effort

Far out, that's incredible patience with Ryan. I bet Johnston must love being made sub because we're happy to tolerate Ryan not touching it once in the first half.
Simmo said Johnston isn't physically ready to play full games of AFL but thinks he can impact as the sub .

Johnston got 3/4 of a game this week in the midfield and struggled in the last .

Dewar has played every WAFL game since being drafted so has a bigger base and a less tough position running wise to play .

Ryan for all his struggles played well in the last and hopefully gets some of his mojo back . We also only had 34 inside 50s and not the best quality either

As much as I'd love to have Yeo back for the Melbourne game, and even the following week against the crows, I'd rather make sure he is 100% over his injury and have him fit and firing for games against Saints (Optus) and North (Optus) in rounds 12 & 13 before the bye.
Hopefully also have Flynn for the Saints, and North games, but more likely first game after the bye (Bombers - Marvel) along with potentially Oscar

OUT: McGovern(inj), Darling(sus), Petruccelle(inj), Sheed(omi)
IN: HEdwards, Waterman, Culley, Hall

FB: Rotham Barrass Duggan
HB: Hough HEdwards Witherden
C: Hunt Kelly Ginbey
HF: Culley Maric Cripps
FF: Ryan Waterman JWilliams
FOL: BWilliams HReid Chesser

INT: Johnston LEdwards Dewar Cole

SUB: Hall

OUT: McGovern(inj), Darling(sus), Petruccelle(inj), Sheed(omi)
IN: HEdwards, Waterman, Culley, Hall

FB: Rotham Barrass Duggan
HB: Hough HEdwards Witherden
C: Hunt Kelly Ginbey
HF: Culley Maric Cripps
FF: Ryan Waterman JWilliams
FOL: BWilliams HReid Chesser

INT: Johnston LEdwards Dewar Cole

SUB: Hall
We need to track down to the MSD. What a joy to follow a club where a ridiculous suspension isn't even a concern. I wouldn't rush Waterman back in.

We need to track down to the MSD. What a joy to follow a club where a ridiculous suspension isn't even a concern. I wouldn't rush Waterman back in.
We wouldnt be rushing Waterman back in, he was only out with concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back